Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: I am unable to watch or record from more channels than I should

Title
    Thanks

I am unable to watch or record from more channels than I should

I am unable to watch or record from more channels than I think that I should be able to...

I am using a dual DVB-S2 tuner (00-1102709-01) with 2 cables plugged into it. However, when I am recording 1 or 2 encrypted channels from a single transponder frequency, I am able to watch only encrypted channels on the same transponder frequency or a few unencrypted channels on a different transponder frequency.

Shouldn't I be able to watch any other channel while something is being recorded from a certain transponder frequency?

It seems as if only the "Tuner A" is being used. I have tried to swap the cables, still only the "Tuner A" seems to be used all the time, despite any settings to prefer "Tuner B", either for watching, or for recording.

Might "Tuner B" be faulty? The cables seem alright.
    I have read somewhere that the the conditional-access module should be able to decrypt as many as 4 encrypted channels, but the statement may have been valid for an older version of the conditional-access module.

Would it help if I added another dual DVB-S2 tuner with another pair of cables?
    Or am I hitting some decryption limit?
    There has been no message about no free tuners, or anything to that effect. Just black screen and no sound.

I am using OpenViX 5.4.001.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    If it was a signal issue, you would have got a tune failed message. Which softcam/emulator are you using?

You have not said what tuner B is set as.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You say you are using a CAM - I haven't used one for a few years but I was only able to record one channel at a time. More info is needed on what you are using
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Yes, some CAM modules restrict how many services you can view to prevent sharing.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antikapitalista View Post
    It seems as if only the "Tuner A" is being used. I have tried to swap the cables, still only the "Tuner A" seems to be used all the time, despite any settings to prefer "Tuner B", either for watching, or for recording.
    No, I am awfully sorry, the above is not true, but I am unable to edit my original post to reflect it.

If "Tuner B" is set as preferred, only "Tuner B" is used in the same manner as "Tuner A" before.

Furthermore, if all recordings are stopped, and I switch viewing to a channel and a recording is scheduled on the same channel, when the scheduled recording of the channel starts, the picture of the channel being watched live freezes.

What is truly exasperating is that even the recording that interrupted live watching looks empty and does not get past the frozen frame!!

Thus, it appears that to record anything while watching a channel is to switch to the channel in order to initiate recording by hand. And while the recording holds the tuner, one can then switch to other channels on the same transponder frequency to watch them.

The part number of the CAM is: CI0355-SLT02.
    Apparently for CAID: 0x1882.

Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Yes, some CAM modules restrict how many services you can view to prevent sharing.
    Well, if this is the case, then it looks like it is going to be a probably lengthy legal battle with them, but I will do my utmost to make sure that they will ultimately be very sorry for this!

It could be the case because it is a module intended for the television set. But it was the only one. The alternative was renting a horrible set-top-box with almost everything locked down, obfuscated and encrypted, with the recordings stored on the NTFS filesystem :-O... and when the hard drive develops a bad sector, which, with the current hard drives and their stupid choice of filesystem has been occurring within half a year recently, the set-top-box kills off all the recordings...

I should probably start looking into the legal loopholes and other options that will kill off such practices or at least hit them hard.
    Because this is not even greed on their part, this is pure malice!
    Last edited by Antikapitalista; 23-10-20 at 13:27.

Title
    Thanks
    quote :
    You have not said what tuner B is set as.

Maybe place your settings here
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry; they are the same as in "Tuner A". I will post them here later, if you wish, but I do not suppose they are the cause of the problem.