Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Help with Humax TN8000HD

Title
    Thanks

Help with Humax TN8000HD

I'm slowly getting my head around UniCable, both theory and practice. At the moment, all my LNBs are universal ones, some connected directly, some via DiSEqC switches to my kit. Now I have got a Ultimo 4K, I want to make full use of the FBC tuners. So I'm looking around my existing boxes to see if they have UniCable ability. Only two, both Humax! My Foxsat can have it enabled using the 'secret' menu, the other is my TN8000HD, which was bought as a TNTSat box.

I've used the Foxsat in the past with DiSEqC successfully, but am now using it with a conventional twin feed on Astra2. I think I'll be okay moving that over to UniCable. The TN8000HD is connected via a DiSEqC switch to four satellites which works okay. I have three options here: leave it as it is, 'UniCable' it, or pension it IF I could find out if it is possible to use Oscam to read the TNTSat card (not sure if is possible with VIX, although my Tivusat card is okay).

So I'm looking at option 2, which is why I'm posting here. (If Option 3 is feasible and can co-exist with the Tivusat card then please PM me.)

Having chosen English as my language option, the TN8000HD calls the connection 'OneCable System'. The manual is in French (which I could use Google to translate at a push). In the installation section, it implies that the connection could be a multi-satellite one. At which point I rethought about option 1.

Has anyone used a UniCable feed to the Humax TN8000HD, with just a single one to Astra 1 or even a multi-satellite job?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Help with Humax TN8000HD

I suppose you will have to try and see. The "basic" boxes normally just support unicable v1. You are more than likely going to using a Unicable 2 LNB, so in practice that means SCR channels/frequency 1-4 will have to be used for the basic boxes. Double check frequencies in box setup as well as Unicable manual.

Your oscam question may get an answer on another forum. I suggest you keep your thread on that forum to just oscam. The questions about TN800hd should go in a different thread.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

White Monk (26-10-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    >My Foxsat can have it enabled using the 'secret' menu,

Very interesting. I have the Foxsat HDR. Is the menu found by the normal Freesat tune and coloured button sequence??

Title
    Thanks
    I only 'discovered' it when I was researching (then recently bought) the Ultimo 4K and its FBC/UniCable features. Yep, the 'normal' method you describe will do it. It was in an old Satcure post I found by Googling.