Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: OpenVix 5.4 Numerical text input not working

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OpenVix 5.4 Numerical text input not working

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    @Ev0 How about you give it a rest. You really have nothing new to add. Maybe you would be happier using another image.
    Yeh maybe, but Ian's changes don't just effect the vix image, they get merged into other oe-a images, hence when he breaks something that has worked perfectly well for 10 - 15 years, I ask for it to be fixed.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tkr001 View Post
    @IanSav Please don’t let the word of one cause you to stop your work. I haven’t chimed in on this thread as I had nothing to contribute. However I truely appreciate the work you and the other developers do. You do it all for no payment and there are thousands of us who benefit from it. I understand how you must feel but if you quit we will all be poorer for it.

@Ev0 How about you give it a rest. You really have nothing new to add. Maybe you would be happier using another image.
    I reckon he uses BlackHole, not ViX.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Ev0 did not make any personal attacks to any one. He stated the changes were crap. Blocking a function that has worked and most people for well over 10 years and saying they need to develop new muscle memory is not ideal. Post 1&2 in one of the relevant thread were intros. Gist of post 3 by someone else was about SMS entry not working. 12 pages later, still same problem. EV0 made several posts in the thread detailing that server entry was no longer working. Instead of trying his method of entry, other people used another method of entry. He was given a modified version of JMX, a pull request was submitted to Kiddac, but Kiddac cannot add it as it will break his plugin in other images. The same error was in Xstreamity and any other plugin that uses the input method. There was even a dissection of what was happening, gist of it is in the commit text that fixes it.

Perhaps people should ask Admin for a copy of all the posts by Ev0 in relation to this matter before attacking him.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Ev0 (25-10-20)

Title
    Thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Ev0 did not make any personal attacks to any one. He stated the changes were crap. Blocking a function that has worked and most people for well over 10 years and saying they need to develop new muscle memory is not ideal. Post 1&2 in one of the relevant thread were intros. Gist of post 3 by someone else was about SMS entry not working. 12 pages later, still same problem. EV0 made several posts in the thread detailing that server entry was no longer working. Instead of trying his method of entry, other people used another method of entry. He was given a modified version of JMX, a pull request was submitted to Kiddac, but Kiddac cannot add it as it will break his plugin in other images. The same error was in Xstreamity and any other plugin that uses the input method. There was even a dissection of what was happening, gist of it is in the commit text that fixes it.

Perhaps people should ask Admin for a copy of all the posts by Ev0 in relation to this matter before attacking him.
    if you mean me attacking Ev0, its not an attack. You can say something once but there is no need to bang on about it constantly and no need to keep on at one developer. Nobody wins out of this and now it looks like IanSav has had enough so a developer is lost.

If you want someone to fix something the easiest/best way is to just give them what they ask for. And is nothing happens a polite enquiry with an offer to provide more info if required will usually elicit a positive response. I did read all the posts and regardless of who is/was right or wrong Ev0 could have approached things in a less confrontational manner. Just my opinion.

Title
    Thanks
    I didn't realise you had access to the threads in the developer side of forum. Have we read the same posts to reach the different conclusions as to whether Ev0 provided the required information? Surely the statement about not using the Virtual keyboard further illustrates that the information was being provided to address the issue?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,102 Times in 3,198 Posts
    Haven't been contributing to ViX as much as I should have but to see Ian leave is a sad day, a bit like when Andy left.
    Pushing the progress of our TV Box should never be held back by some old, closed source plugins.
    Ian has done some brilliant work to use the box properly IMO.

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to judge For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (26-10-20),ccs (26-10-20),IanSav (26-10-20),Joe_90 (26-10-20),ronand (26-10-20),Valiant (26-10-20)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234