Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: OpenVix 5.4 Numerical text input not working

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OpenVix 5.4 Numerical text input not working

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    @seagen, can we please have a comprehensive step by step guide of how to provoke this anomaly.

Is this problem in a plugin?
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanSav View Post
    Hi,

I was incorrect in claiming that the Fallback Tuner Screen was broken. I was misusing the UI in that the item I was trying to edit was a ConfigSelection and *NOT* a ConfigText as I thought it to be.

We are still awaiting a complete bug report detailing the screens that have an issue so that they can be corrected.

@Ev0: The OP has not provided any details about the issue. Both Huevos and I have tried various screens and we have yet not found anything wrong. If you have a list of screens that are broken then please provide the list.

We need complete and detailed bug reports if issues are to be corrected. Bug reports along the lines of "It is broken" can't be fixed when there is no information about "It".

Regards,
    Ian.
    Plugins
    JediMakerXtreme you can not enter server details using Numerical number keys.
    Xstremity you can not enter server details using Numerical number keys, also front panel lcd no longer works when streaming.

You have been told this before, you were given the gits of both plugins.

There were more plugins (I listed them in another thread) you were not interested.

You replied saying you can not be responsible to fixing plugins and it's not your problem.

Title
    Thanks
    Hello Ev0,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    Plugins
    JediMakerXtreme you can not enter server details using Numerical number keys.
    Xstremity you can not enter server details using Numerical number keys, also front panel lcd no longer works when streaming.

You have been told this before, you were given the gits of both plugins.

There were more plugins (I listed them in another thread) you were not interested.

You replied saying you can not be responsible to fixing plugins and it's not your problem.
    I think you need to check your attitude at the door. You are being rude and totally unhelpful. I will also state here very clearly that if you can't treat me in a civil manner manner then I will NOT be investigating any issues you report or offering you any support. I do not respond to abusive and bullying posts. This applies to you and everyone else equally.

The front panel issues don't appear to relate to anything done to ConfigList.py. You will need to open a new thread and provide more information about the issue, including the hardware upon which you are testing what used to happen and what is happening now if you want me to investigate the issue.

Please provide me with exact reproductions steps for each of the issues you want me to investigate. I want all the button presses and navigation steps from when the plugin loads that will take me to the problem screen and the problem entry in that screen.

Regards,
    Ian.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (22-10-20),ccs (22-10-20),ronand (22-10-20)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hello Ev0,

I think you need to check your attitude at the door. You are being rude and totally unhelpful. I will also state here very clearly that if you can't treat me in a civil manner manner then I will NOT be investigating any issues you report or offering you any support. I do not respond to abusive and bullying posts. This applies to you and everyone else equally.

The front panel issues don't appear to relate to anything done to ConfigList.py. You will need to open a new thread and provide more information about the issue, including the hardware upon which you are testing what used to happen and what is happening now if you want me to investigate the issue.

Please provide me with exact reproductions steps for each of the issues you want me to investigate. I want all the button presses and navigation steps from when the plugin loads that will take me to the problem screen and the problem entry in that screen.

Regards,
    Ian.

You asked me for all that info previously and I provided it.

I don't know when the lcd broke exactly (as I didn't use the plugin back then), but it was reported to you on github at the time it was broken by another user and nothing was done about it then or since when I have reported it as everytime I have reported the issue you said it was off topic and not related to that thread.

You just asked again what the issue's are on this thread and once again you say it's off topic so I give up.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Menu, plugins download plugins, extensions and install jedimakerxtream.

Goto jedimakerxtream, settings turn on automatic live bouquet update then I can't change automatic live update start time. GitHub repo can be found here https://github.com/kiddac/Jedi_Maker_Xtream

Also playlists green to add playlist I can't use input buttons but virtual keyboard works
    Last edited by dsayers; 22-10-20 at 14:08.

Title
    Thanks
    Hello Ev0,
    You asked me for all that info previously and I provided it.
    The fact that I asked you here and now for the specific information means that either I do not remember what you told me or the information was incomplete.

This is the *very* reason why we ask you to post your issues into separate threads and to keep threads on topic. My chances of find any previous information on this matter is not easy to find.
    I don't know when the lcd broke exactly (as I didn't use the plugin back then), but it was reported to you on github at the time it was broken by another user and nothing was done about it then or since when I have reported it as everytime I have reported the issue you said it was off topic and not related to that thread.
    And that is still the case. The issue is off topic and has nothing to do with anything being discussed here. This is still not in its own thread so that the issue can be tracked.
    You just asked again what the issue's are on this thread and once again you say it's off topic so I give up.
    And once again, rather than provide the information I requested that will allow the issue to be investigated you rather complain about me and *still* not provide the information to get the issue addressed.

You may well give up but the frustration you are experiencing is probably equivalent to my frustration in trying to get you to stay on topic and provide me with the information I need to help you. Acting like a child throwing a tantrum is not going to get anyone closer to a solution.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Dsayers,
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Menu, plugins download plugins, extensions and install jedimakerxtream.

Goto jedimakerxtream, settings turn on automatic live bouquet update then I can't change automatic live update start time. GitHub repo can be found here https://github.com/kiddac/Jedi_Maker_Xtream

Also playlists green to add playlist I can't use input buttons but virtual keyboard works
    Thank you for this bug report. I am installing the plugin now and will follow your instructions to investigate.

EDIT / UPDATE: I can reproduce the issue. I am investigating.

Regards,
    Ian.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-10-20),seagen (22-10-20)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hello Ev0,

I think you need to check your attitude at the door. You are being rude and totally unhelpful.
    Hello Ev0,

Acting like a child throwing a tantrum is not going to get anyone closer to a solution.

Regards,
    Ian.
    Maybe you should try taking your own advice mate

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (22-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Ian

I am on latest OpenVix 5.4 and do updates everyday to keep up with bug fixes.
    The issue with the Numerical text input is stille there. But to make things clear, Yes the Numerical text input works as soon as you first open the VirtualKeyboard.
    When "from now named Vkeyboard" is open with txt button or ok button i can use Numerical text input.

Me personal accully like this since usual the Vkeyboard have a better look and also gives me the option to choose how to put in my txt.
    But i have been around for so longtime that i cant use my personal preference when there are so many users that dont share my opinion.

So the solution is what??

Re write 100 of plugin to match one image or re write ConfigList.py to match 100 of plugins??

And to all who have an issue with this the dirty solution for the moment is to use ConfigList.py from last build of OpenVix 5.3
    The the Numerical text input will work again but you loose the new way of button use.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Ev0,
    Maybe you should try taking your own advice mate
    I have been nothing but civil and polity to you. Obviously you just what to whinge about me and not get the problems fixed. So be it. You only have yourself to blame if your issues do not get addressed.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Seagen,
    Quote Originally Posted by seagen View Post
    I am on latest OpenVix 5.4 and do updates everyday to keep up with bug fixes.
    The issue with the Numerical text input is stille there. But to make things clear, Yes the Numerical text input works as soon as you first open the VirtualKeyboard.
    When "from now named Vkeyboard" is open with txt button or ok button i can use Numerical text input.

Me personal accully like this since usual the Vkeyboard have a better look and also gives me the option to choose how to put in my txt.
    But i have been around for so longtime that i cant use my personal preference when there are so many users that dont share my opinion.

So the solution is what??

Re write 100 of plugin to match one image or re write ConfigList.py to match 100 of plugins??

And to all who have an issue with this the dirty solution for the moment is to use ConfigList.py from last build of OpenVix 5.3
    The the Numerical text input will work again but you loose the new way of button use.
    Using the detailed bug report from dsayers I have been able to reproduce the issue in his bug report. I already have a fix for that problem. Before I commit that fix can you please confirm any specific screen and entry that is giving you grief? I would like to test if the fix also addresses your observed issues.

By the way, the issues triggered by Kiddac's plugins appear to be that he uses an old copy of some of the ConfigList code within his code. That older code is incomplete compared to the newer abilities in OpenViX. From looking at his code this appears to be a requirement such that his plugins work on a range of images that contain differing implementations of the ConfigList code. I think my code change in the OpenViX version of ConfigList will address this issue without compromising OpenViX users.

Regards,
    Ian.
    Last edited by IanSav; 22-10-20 at 14:41.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (22-10-20),Joe_90 (22-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    @Ev0,

Had you provided a bug report like that provided by dsayers then the issue I have now fixed could have been identified much earlier. I hope you will understand why and how a proper bug reports help to identify and find issues / bugs.

I suspect that this fix will address and and all issues in all of Kiddac's plugins on the assumption that his coding style is consistent across all his plugins.

Regards,
    Ian.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (22-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    I am pretty sure if you found a fix for Numerical text input to work with Jedi then you solved it withany other plugin or screens with the same issue.
    Is this update avalible for testing now??

Thanks

Seagen

19. The Following User Says Thank You to seagen For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (22-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Seagen,

I will commit the fix I have immediately. As soon as Huevox merges it and starts a build it should become available to everyone.

Would you like a copy of the changes to test on your system? The pull request is here: Pull Request #301

Regards,
    Ian.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-10-20),Andy_Hazza (22-10-20),Joe_90 (22-10-20),seagen (22-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Ian this solved the problem and i can still use the new button style

23. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to seagen For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-10-20),Andy_Hazza (22-10-20),IanSav (22-10-20),Joe_90 (22-10-20)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast