Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: OpenVix 5.4 Numerical text input not working

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OpenVix 5.4 Numerical text input not working

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Seagen,
    Quote Originally Posted by seagen View Post
    Thanks Ian this solved the problem and i can still use the new button style
    Thank you for testing the fix.

Thanks also to dsayers for giving me the directions to identifying the problem. I would not have found the issue without his guidance.

Regards,
    Ian.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (22-10-20),Joe_90 (22-10-20),seagen (22-10-20),Willo3092 (22-10-20)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanSav View Post
    @Ev0,

Had you provided a bug report like that provided by dsayers then the issue I have now fixed could have been identified much earlier. I hope you will understand why and how a proper bug reports help to identify and find issues / bugs.

I suspect that this fix will address and and all issues in all of Kiddac's plugins on the assumption that his coding style is consistent across all his plugins.

Regards,
    Ian.
    Well clearly you understood my instructions well enough when you posted this: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post502462

As you posted the screenshots yourself.

Anyway the numerical text input seems to be fixed now, I just tested on JMX and Xstreamity so thank you for that.

However the LCD issue remains (but that is off topic again), you can only test this on boxes with an LCD display such as Solo4K, Ultimo4K, Duo4K, Duo4K SE and some other models that have a proper LCD screen (I don't know the names and models of all the boxes).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hello Ev0,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    Well clearly you understood my instructions well enough when you posted this: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post502462

As you posted the screenshots yourself.

Anyway the numerical text input seems to be fixed now, I just tested on JMX and Xstreamity so thank you for that.

However the LCD issue remains (but that is off topic again), you can only test this on boxes with an LCD display such as Solo4K, Ultimo4K, Duo4K, Duo4K SE and some other models that have a proper LCD screen (I don't know the names and models of all the boxes).
    Thank you for posting that thread reference. If you read that thread you will find that I repeatedly asked you for reproduction steps to highlight the issues you were reporting. I, and others, posted that we could not identify the issues you appeared to be experiencing with the code.

Throughout all 12 pages of that thread you *never* posted any information that helped us to identify exactly what issues you were experiencing. One 4 line post, in this thread, from dsayers with simple reproduction steps and I was able to identify the issue within minutes and within a few more minutes the problem is now fixed. A helpful bug report doesn't need to be long or complicated. Dsayers posted what we needed to load, what buttons to press and what didn't change as expected. I was able to follow those steps exactly and I could see the problem. Once I saw it I was able to fix it. Had you provided the information we requested then the problems would have been fixed much sooner. We are not mind readers. We don't know what you are doing to trigger the issue. If you don't provide us the information we need then we will usually be unable to resolve the issue.

It is also interesting that in that thread a number of users posted that they could not reproduce the front panel issue you reported. Again you simply kept posting that the code was broken and that I broke it. You never provided any information that helped anyone reproduce the issue. Again, this issue is completely off topic for this thread, we have no information that tells us how to reproduce the front panel issue.

It is fine that you want to whinge and complain about me and my changes but it won't get the issue fixed. It is well past time that you start providing the information requested that will help us identify the issues you are reporting.

Regards,
    Ian.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

ccs (23-10-20),Joe_90 (23-10-20),judge (23-10-20)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hello Ev0,

Thank you for posting that thread reference. If you read that thread you will find that I repeatedly asked you for reproduction steps to highlight the issues you were reporting. I, and others, posted that we could not identify the issues you appeared to be experiencing with the code.

Throughout all 12 pages of that thread you *never* posted any information that helped us to identify exactly what issues you were experiencing. One 4 line post, in this thread, from dsayers with simple reproduction steps and I was able to identify the issue within minutes and within a few more minutes the problem is now fixed. A helpful bug report doesn't need to be long or complicated. Dsayers posted what we needed to load, what buttons to press and what didn't change as expected. I was able to follow those steps exactly and I could see the problem. Once I saw it I was able to fix it. Had you provided the information we requested then the problems would have been fixed much sooner. We are not mind readers. We don't know what you are doing to trigger the issue. If you don't provide us the information we need then we will usually be unable to resolve the issue.

It is also interesting that in that thread a number of users posted that they could not reproduce the front panel issue you reported. Again you simply kept posting that the code was broken and that I broke it. You never provided any information that helped anyone reproduce the issue. Again, this issue is completely off topic for this thread, we have no information that tells us how to reproduce the front panel issue.

It is fine that you want to whinge and complain about me and my changes but it won't get the issue fixed. It is well past time that you start providing the information requested that will help us identify the issues you are reporting.

Regards,
    Ian.

I don't know how much more info you needed, the post right after that one, said use the numerical input keys NOT the VK, but you didn't.

Further down that thread, I said if you play a stream then you will see the lcd goes blank (but again you didn't listen), I even gave you the link to the commit that caused the issue, but you said that wouldn't cause a problem even though I told you that it did.

Anyway you fixed the first issue now and twol has a server and a box with lcd screen to test now so maybe he can supply you with the exact button press info you require to be able to fix it.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Important thing is that it's finally fixed.

Evo definitely posted details.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Ev0 (23-10-20),seagen (23-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hello Ev0,

First you say this...

I don't know how much more info you needed, the post right after that one, said use the numerical input keys NOT the VK, but you didn't.
    then you say this...

Anyway you fixed the first issue now and twol has a server and a box with lcd screen to test now so maybe he can supply you with the exact button press info you require to be able to fix it.
    You obviously know and understand exactly the information I needed but chose not to provide it. It appears that you prefer to insult people trying to help you rather than contribute to the solution. No more for me to say.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hello Ev0,

First you say this...

then you say this...

You obviously know and understand exactly the information I needed but chose not to provide it. It appears that you prefer to insult people trying to help you rather than contribute to the solution. No more for me to say.

Regards,
    Ian.
    The only one that has used insults in this (and the other thread) i'm afraid is you.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    The only one that has used insults in this (and the other thread) i'm afraid is you.
    So
    Yes the new system is crap (and that is being polite).
    isn't insulting? I found it insulting.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    So isn't insulting? I found it insulting.
    I am sorry that you were insulted by my reference to the new system that broke the old system, it's my opinion therefore I am entitled to voice it (everyone has that right).

Ian is the only person on this thread and the other thread that resorts to "personal" insults then.

Is that worded better ?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Ev0,

Perfectly worded. Since you are such a great contributor I will leave you to work on fixing and improving Enigma2. Life is too short to put up with insults from people like you. From now on you can fix your own problems. Even after making all the changes you requested you can't stop the insults.

I will now focus on doing what I want for my own machine, to hell with being a contributor. It isn't worth it. Hope you enjoy learning programming because with your attitude you will be pissing of the very few coders left working on Enigma2. I can't wait for you to be treated in a similar way by a keyboard warrior who probably hasn't got the guts to say what you have said to anyone in person.

Bye,
    Ian.

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Hi Ev0,

Perfectly worded. Since you are such a great contributor I will leave you to work on fixing and improving Enigma2. Life is too short to put up with insults from people like you. From now on you can fix your own problems. Even after making all the changes you requested you can't stop the insults.

I will now focus on doing what I want for my own machine, to hell with being a contributor. It isn't worth it. Hope you enjoy learning programming because with your attitude you will be pissing of the very few coders left working on Enigma2. I can't wait for you to be treated in a similar way by a keyboard warrior who probably hasn't got the guts to say what you have said to anyone in person.

Bye,
    Ian.
    Sorry where did I insult YOU ?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Guys. Can I ask we take a big breather please. @EV0, Ian has done a lot of good stuff here and because one or two things got broke along the way there really is no need to insult like this. If Ian is given step by step instructions he will help fix issues for example @Dsayers given details and it soon got fixed.

ViX is all about improving and getting the best out of e2 and Ian shares that vision like many of us. I also understand the older generation not liking change, but we can’t stagnate we have to change, change is for the better imo. If e2 was to stay the same and no improvements were made, that would be boring and I’d lose interest.

@Ian, I love your hunger and desire to make e2 better so please don’t stop, you are very much appreciated even if some peeps don’t show it.

Lets draw a line under the insults and lets move on and help one another, life is too god damn short otherwise.

Thanks Guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

ccs (24-10-20),CRUMBLIN (24-10-20),Joe_90 (24-10-20),judge (25-10-20),Willo3092 (24-10-20)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Guys. Can I ask we take a big breather please. @EV0, Ian has done a lot of good stuff here and because one or two things got broke along the way there really is no need to insult like this. If Ian is given step by step instructions he will help fix issues for example @Dsayers given details and it soon got fixed.
    Sorry I still don't see where I have insulted Ian ???

I have pointed out things that have been broken by changes he's made, and asked him to fix them.

On the other thread he had the instructions he needed to reproduce the problems (he even posted screenshots from the exact screens, so my instructions were obviously clear enough), but refused to fix the issue's as he liked his new system as in his opinion it was better.

There was another thread where I asked for the common interface to be fixed on Zero and front panel display skin as his changes caused GSOD with both of these, in the end I fixed the issue and committed the changes to OBH and issued a pull request to Vix, which was merged, then later he "refactored" the menu.xml and used an old file without the fixes and broke it all again, so I fixed it again and it was cherry picked back into Vix (I never mentioned it on here, as it wasn't worth the agro).

As said above, he has now fixed one of the biggest issue's and I thanked him for that, but he had all the info required to do that fix 2 months ago and I pointed out the problems it would cause when images were released if it wasn't fixed and only now he has fixed it because someone else (other than me) complained.

Again I don't see where I have insulted him ???

He has been the only person that has resulted to personal insults (not just me, but others in the past).

He doesn't like it when it's pointed out that he has broken something, he takes that as an attack (that is his problem not mine).

I have said elsewhere on here, that I don't have a problem with him or his work and it is appreciated, but not at the detriment to long established working functions of the image.

Ian has had a chip on his shoulder ever since the geolocation thread where I committed a change that made sense and avoided all the issue's that were being complained about to OBH and then that change was cherry picked into Vix.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Andy,
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post

ViX is all about improving and getting the best out of e2 and Ian shares that vision like many of us. I also understand the older generation not liking change, but we can’t stagnate we have to change, change is for the better imo. If e2 was to stay the same and no improvements were made, that would be boring and I’d lose interest.

@Ian, I love your hunger and desire to make e2 better so please don’t stop, you are very much appreciated even if some peeps don’t show it.

Lets draw a line under the insults and lets move on and help one another, life is too god damn short otherwise.

Thanks Guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    To many ungrateful people who don't appreciate the amount of time and effort that went into the changes upon which I was working. It is a shame that you are now unlikely to see the finished product and the other things which I have been developing. While some understand that you need to break a few eggs to bake the cake others bitch and whine no matter what.

Thank you for your message but I am done. I aim to complete the work I promised for some of the other developers and that will be it for my public contributions to OpenViX.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    @IanSav Please don’t let the word of one cause you to stop your work. I haven’t chimed in on this thread as I had nothing to contribute. However I truely appreciate the work you and the other developers do. You do it all for no payment and there are thousands of us who benefit from it. I understand how you must feel but if you quit we will all be poorer for it.

@Ev0 How about you give it a rest. You really have nothing new to add. Maybe you would be happier using another image.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast