Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: OpenVix 5.4 Numerical text input not working

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OpenVix 5.4 Numerical text input not working

Title
    Thanks

OpenVix 5.4 Numerical text input not working

Hi i have a question about the numerical text input not working anymore only the VirtualKeyboard is working.
    The numerical buttons have been locked and dont respond anymore.

I understand that some like the Virtual keyboard very much but i see no good reason why the numerical input have been locked out?
    If i upload the ConfigList.py from OpenVix 5.3 all works just fine but of cause then i have revert back all keys to old style.

I really hope that this can be worked out so we can choose how to input text again

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ... can I add that I only ever see the virtual keyboard (even in 5.3) in epg search, everything else (eg inputting wifi passwords) comes up with numerical text input.

Do I have to enable the virtual keyboard, or am I just getting old?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    You have to press the text key to show the virtual keyboard.

That being said, people should not be prevented from using the phone style input if that is their preferred method.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ccs (21-10-20),Ev0 (21-10-20),seagen (21-10-20)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Yes the new system is crap (and that is being polite).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

seagen (21-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I’m all for the VK method, loads quicker at inputting than the old crappy mobile phone method. But as @Abu says, should still be an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Maybe @IanSav can shade som light on this issue

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Seagen,

This thread has just been brought to my attention.

The NumericalTextInput system should still be fully functional and available to all users. I will update my test box to the latest 5.4.002.007 (Developer) build to investigate the issue. Could you please give me some example screens that manifest the issue. If you are not using 5.4.002.007 then may I please know what build you are using.

Regards,
    Ian.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Ev0,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    Yes the new system is crap (and that is being polite).
    If you can please remain polite and tell me what aspect of the UI you consider "crap". I consider the user interface to be my primary area of interest in Enigma2. If you have found something that is broken I would like an opportunity to fix it. If you have an issue with designed changes then I would like to know the issue specifics so that I can consider if there are workable / appropriate changes that can be adopted.

Regards,
    Ian.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

ccs (22-10-20)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanSav View Post
    Hi Ev0,

If you can please remain polite and tell me what aspect of the UI you consider "crap". I consider the user interface to be my primary area of interest in Enigma2. If you have found something that is broken I would like an opportunity to fix it. If you have an issue with designed changes then I would like to know the issue specifics so that I can consider if there are workable / appropriate changes that can be adopted.

Regards,
    Ian.

Ian I have pointed out the issue's to you several times on various (off topic) threads over the last couple of months as you well know.

I told you which plugins were not working correctly, I gave you screen shots, ipk's and links to git's of some of the plugins as you said you would take a look and fix things (then said it's not your place to fix things and you are not responsible for things no longer working as they did).

I made it clear that numerical input was no longer working and your reply was use the VK as it's better.

You did nothing except repeat the same mantra of we must not hold enigma2 progress back due to plugins.

Title
    Thanks
    Hi Ev0,
    Quote Originally Posted by Ev0 View Post
    Ian I have pointed out the issue's to you several times on various (off topic) threads over the last couple of months as you well know.

I told you which plugins were not working correctly, I gave you screen shots, ipk's and links to git's of some of the plugins as you said you would take a look and fix things (then said it's not your place to fix things and you are not responsible for things no longer working as they did).

I made it clear that numerical input was no longer working and your reply was use the VK as it's better.

You did nothing except repeat the same mantra of we must not hold enigma2 progress back due to plugins.
    Have you actually tested all the issues against the current code? I suspect not. You seem to want to complain rather than be constructive. You are posting quotes and comments allegedly from me with which I totally disagree and dispute. All comments need to be taken in consideration of the context and the tone of the conversation.

Changes have been made to ConfigList.py that should completely restore *all* code and plugins, both internal and external, to their previous operational status. No one has made me aware of *any* further issues in this area.

As a result of your, and other feedback, the "<" and ">" buttons have been returned to the delete functions and the new list navigation options that were proposed for these buttons has been made inactive (but still available if a user wishes to have the newer functionality).

I believe that these changes have fully addressed all your objections yet you still feel inclined to spam the forums, with totally off topic posts, regarding complaints about me that, I believe, are now without basis or justification. If you still know of any problems *directly* attributable to changes I have made then I welcome appropriately detailed bug reports in an appropriate thread. Please notify me of the thread so I can investigate the issues for you.

Regards,
    Ian.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (22-10-20),ccs (22-10-20),Joe_90 (22-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

To bring this thread back on topic, I have found that "Fallback Tuner Setup" screen is most definitely broken. Not only does NumericalTextInput not work but neither does the VirtualKeyBoard. I am investigating that code now but would welcome further reports from *any* users of any other screens that have issues.

Regards,
    Ian.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (22-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

Just another update, I believe that Huevos has completely refactored this code.

Please alert us to any other issues.

Regards,
    Ian.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to IanSav For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (22-10-20)

Title
    V.I.P
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanSav View Post
    Hi Ev0,

Have you actually tested all the issues against the current code? I suspect not. You seem to want to complain rather than be constructive. You are posting quotes and comments allegedly from me with which I totally disagree and dispute. All comments need to be taken in consideration of the context and the tone of the conversation.

Changes have been made to ConfigList.py that should completely restore *all* code and plugins, both internal and external, to their previous operational status. No one has made me aware of *any* further issues in this area.

As a result of your, and other feedback, the "<" and ">" buttons have been returned to the delete functions and the new list navigation options that were proposed for these buttons has been made inactive (but still available if a user wishes to have the newer functionality).

I believe that these changes have fully addressed all your objections yet you still feel inclined to spam the forums, with totally off topic posts, regarding complaints about me that, I believe, are now without basis or justification. If you still know of any problems *directly* attributable to changes I have made then I welcome appropriately detailed bug reports in an appropriate thread. Please notify me of the thread so I can investigate the issues for you.

Regards,
    Ian.

The OP of this thread has alerted you to the issue I was and still am talking about.

Numerical text input does not work in plugins.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Ev0 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (23-10-20)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    Nothing wrong with current version of Fallback tuner config screen. I just tested it. This code has not changed in months. The refactor code is not yet in the public domain.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Hi,

I was incorrect in claiming that the Fallback Tuner Screen was broken. I was misusing the UI in that the item I was trying to edit was a ConfigSelection and *NOT* a ConfigText as I thought it to be.

We are still awaiting a complete bug report detailing the screens that have an issue so that they can be corrected.

@Ev0: The OP has not provided any details about the issue. Both Huevos and I have tried various screens and we have not yet found anything wrong. If you have a list of screens that are broken then please provide the list.

We need complete and detailed bug reports if issues are to be corrected. Bug reports along the lines of "It is broken" can't be fixed when there is no information about "It".

Regards,
    Ian.
    Last edited by IanSav; 22-10-20 at 13:37.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast