Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Free Sat + FreeView

Title
    Thanks

Free Sat + FreeView

I have 2 tuners for each, when Say I want to watch BBC HD and all tuners on freesat are in use I want it to auto switch to BBC HD on Freeview, I know this can be done but dont know how.

Thanks in advance

Jon

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You can add alternatives but it can be buggy. Press menu while in channel selection screen, there will be an option for it.

Or just select the Terrestrial service. Simple is sometimes best. I have the service type icon enabled in channel selection, makes it a lot easier to distinguish between types of service. In ABM I always enable "Add provider name to bouquets".

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    You can add alternatives but it can be buggy. Press menu while in channel selection screen, there will be an option for it.

Or just select the Terrestrial service. Simple is sometimes best. I have the service type icon enabled in channel selection, makes it a lot easier to distinguish between types of service. In ABM I always enable "Add provider name to bouquets".
    I cant get the alternatives to work. I go into the channel list (freesat) highlight the channel click menu click add alternatives, it then shows the channel highlighted in red, I click satellites select terrestrial find the channel and click OK this also highlights the channel in red thus you would think that they are paired. Press exit go back to the freesat channel list look at the channel view alternatives and the alternative to the freesat channel is the very same freesat channel.

I am obviously doing something wrong but not sure what.

The reason I want the alternatives rather than just selecting which ever channel is that the tuners are shared to the bedrooms and sometimes recordings are missed if tuners are in use