Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cannot Read Data

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    Experiment with a piece of tape in the warmth of your armchair before climbing on your roof.
    Been doing that today.

My intention is an ideal world is to do this tomorrow: 1) Connect the F-Plug to the LNB -->Put the tape where the F-Plug and LNB meet-->Put a waterproof boot over the tape.

However considering the thickness of the tape, I don't think this will be possible, but could be wrong.

In the end I may have to settle for: 2) Connect the F-Plug to the LNB -->Put the waterproof boot where the F-Plug and LNB meet-->Put the tape over the waterproof boot.

I take it the first option would be the best solution?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KuchKuch View Post
    Been doing that today.

My intention is an ideal world is to do this tomorrow: 1) Connect the F-Plug to the LNB -->Put the tape where the F-Plug and LNB meet-->Put a waterproof boot over the tape.

However considering the thickness of the tape, I don't think this will be possible, but could be wrong.

In the end I may have to settle for: 2) Connect the F-Plug to the LNB -->Put the waterproof boot where the F-Plug and LNB meet-->Put the tape over the waterproof boot.

I take it the first option would be the best solution?
    I would just use tape. You will not get the boot over the tape.
    Cover as high up to the body of the LNB as you can get and about an inch down the cable. You need to stop water running down the thread of the connector on the LNB. Perhaps start in the middle work down to the cable and then back all the way up. It doesn’t have to look particularly neat, just effective for keeping water out for the next decade. You are luky that it'
    s just one connection as on a quad LNB there is very little clearance between the connectors with the F plugs attached and getting the tape between those connectors is fidly.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (27-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    +1 on that - just use amalgamating tape. That's what I use exclusively. The tape needs to be relatively warm and stretched before wrapping it around the connector. Once in place it lasts for years. The only way to remove it subsequently is to use a blade (Stanley knife) to cut it away. If you are going to use the boot instead, just smear silicone grease (not silicone sealant - different thing entirely!) on the threads and outside the F plug before you slide the boot in place.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (26-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    I managed to put the tape on today.

Thanks to the dedicated community here I was able to solve my problem with everyone's help - I'm not sure what I would have done without the people on this forum. All the help and advice was much appreciated and hopefully I won't have any more issues with my RG6 cable.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KuchKuch For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (27-10-20),adm (28-10-20),Joe_90 (27-10-20),ronand (27-10-20),Willo3092 (27-10-20)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234