Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: AX HD61 loses usb play tv dtt tuner after a period of time!

Title
    Thanks

AX HD61 loses usb play tv dtt tuner after a period of time!

This has me foxed and is a real deal breaker for this box, its the AXHD61 and I have it on multiboot, used openvix, openatv, and pure2, also got hdnf but not used much.

Its to replace a VU + duo2 so today was the big switchover but I have now discovered it will not retain the 2 DTT tuners via USB at rear, its a Play TV tuner. Tuners will disappear, ie channels greyed out but epg details still visible. The only way to get tuners back is a hard re-boot ie power switch at rear. Tonight the tuners disappeared after a few hours use.

I have never ever come across this before and I have had ET XTREND, SOLO2, DUO2, UNO AND ZGEMMA H2S.

What could be causing this glitch? I hope there is a fix as box is very good pic quality top notch and its fast.

Help

Title
    Thanks
    I have had the same issue with the Mutant HD51.
    I've tried a Play TV tuner, a cheap USB tuner and a WandTv stick which uses the Afatech Af9015.
    They all have the same problem, the tuners stop working after a certain period of time or after a soft reboot.
    I was looking at getting the Mutant HD61 but if it has the same issue , the Zgemma H7 might be a better option due to the inbuilt DTT.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    This has me foxed and is a real deal breaker for this box, its the AXHD61 and I have it on multiboot, used openvix, openatv, and pure2, also got hdnf but not used much.

Its to replace a VU + duo2 so today was the big switchover but I have now discovered it will not retain the 2 DTT tuners via USB at rear, its a Play TV tuner. Tuners will disappear, ie channels greyed out but epg details still visible. The only way to get tuners back is a hard re-boot ie power switch at rear. Tonight the tuners disappeared after a few hours use.

I have never ever come across this before and I have had ET XTREND, SOLO2, DUO2, UNO AND ZGEMMA H2S.

What could be causing this glitch? I hope there is a fix as box is very good pic quality top notch and its fast.

Help
    Not a direct answer, but have you tried the front usb???
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    I've tried a Play TV tuner, a cheap USB tuner and a WandTv stick which uses the Afatech Af9015.
    They all have the same problem, the tuners stop working after a certain period of time or after a soft reboot.
    I've had a cheap (Astrometa) tuner, a PC-TV Triplestick and an XBox one.
    All of these work all of the time on an XTrend et8000.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

5. The Following User Says Thank You to birdman For This Useful Post:

Bunty (16-12-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Is the box putting its USB devices to sleep for some reason?

dmesg output after it's gone missing might show something.
    Last edited by birdman; 15-12-20 at 19:20.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have several DTT tuners here which use the OE2 downloadable drivers and none of them work reliably if at all.

The only one that works 100% is a Sundtek tuner that uses it's own drivers.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by maxben View Post
    I have several DTT tuners here which use the OE2 downloadable drivers and none of them work reliably if at all.
    I have 3 different USB tuners and all work OK.
    Not as discriminating as the built in tuners but that's only a problem for me as something, somewhere weakens my signal on channels in the low 30s. (It seems to affect a narrow band geographically, and I happen to be in it).

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    I have 3 different USB tuners and all work OK.
    Not as discriminating as the built in tuners but that's only a problem for me as something, somewhere weakens my signal on channels in the low 30s. (It seems to affect a narrow band geographically, and I happen to be in it).
    Do you have an HD61 ? Unless your sig needs updating.

All mine work on my HD51 as well.