Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Instructions needed for how to setup oscam to watch Sky channels such as ITV3 HD

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    From link above, direct link to posts.

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post500212

https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post500301

more files here too:
    Code:
    https://willobuild.com/utilities.php

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks. But do you have a link to the OScam configs please as I can't see the link you mentioned. The only other link in the thread is to setting up freesat.

Title
    Thanks
    The links have been posted about 4 times now. Sorry, cant help any further.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyFan View Post
    Thanks. But do you have a link to the OScam configs please as I can't see the link you mentioned. The only other link in the thread is to setting up freesat.
    It's not for Freesat, it's for Sky FTV with a card that's only entitled to FTV. Put a sky card in that's entitled to more and prehaps you can get more. Which is what you want. Yes?
    Last edited by BrokenUnusableAccount; 17-10-20 at 22:41.

Title
    Thanks
    I spent all day setting up my backup box to cap freesat assuming my old VU+ Duo 2 would still be working when I went back to it for using it to record ITV 3 HD, etc. For some reason it's not getting a picture on ITV 3 HD, etc. I've checked /etc/tuxbox/config and the server file still has my boxkey so it looks like I didn't wipe the flash memory. Tried putting my Red Sky card that still has a paid multiscreen subscription in both the top and bottom slot and I can't get a picture on either slot. The VU+ Duo2 is used the same image as it was yesterday when it was working so I'm not sure why it's not getting a picture on ITV 3 HD, etc now?

I don't have time to try to get it working as I've got stuff that's recording at 6AM tomorrow. Does anybody has a working oscam and config files please for a VU+ Duo2 (it has a MIPS CPU)? It would be much appreciated.
    The oscam.server file I have that has my boxkey on it says this: device = /dev/sci0
    I assume that means I need to put my Sky card in the top slot?

I've tried different configs but nothing seems to work. Sorry, I'm just really tired. Been up all day trying to get this working and I'm exhausted.
    Last edited by SkyFan; 18-10-20 at 20:03.

Title
    Thanks
    Never mind. It just seems to have magically started working. I was changing between Channel 5 and and ITV 3 HD constantly as that usually triggers a picture on ITV 3 HD but nothing was happening. Then I just left my box on ITV 3 HD for a couple of minutes and the picture came on. I'll look at them config files you guys gave me later on and thanks again for all your help.

Title
    Thanks
    What text editor do you use on your PC or laptop?

Title
    Thanks
    I use Notepad++

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SkyFan For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (18-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    OK, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12