Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Zgemma 9 S

Title
    Thanks

Zgemma 9 S

IMG_20201014_070815.jpg
    Have problem flashing openvix-5.4.001.release-zgemmah9s_usb using image manager, comes with error, and reboot in latest version, help!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I had similar thing happen to my friend. I ended doing a usb flash for him.
    You got enough storage space etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

widar (14-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Have 15 Gb free space on my usb HD, thank you for quick reply

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by widar View Post
    IMG_20201014_070815.jpg
    Have problem flashing openvix-5.4.001.release-zgemmah9s_usb using image manager, comes with error, and reboot in latest version, help!
    Have you previously copied the root to a SD card?? .... and also which ViX version were you actually using with ImageManager
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

widar (14-10-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    For info only

I've just upgraded from 5.3.039 to 5.4.001 on a H9S using the menu -> setup -> vix -> image manager method over wi-fi
    The box has a SD card (not used at present) and a 128G USB stick (100+G free)

The flash was successful.
    The restore of settings complained that I didn’t have a network connection possibly due to wi-fi not being setup at the time of the message but afterwards the plug-ins seemed to have been downloaded.

The only problem that I see is the long standing SAMBA problem where it says it needs to be downloaded and after OK-ing this message then resets the box only to find that it is not installed and the message/reset is repeated……...
    I know from previous experience that the way around this is to install SAMBA before a restore of settings which will mean I have to manually set up the wi-fi again.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

widar (14-10-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    My procedure (different box) using wifi only is to use image manager to flash, restore settings (no plugins are restored as no wifi configured yet (it tells you this)), and after the automatic reboot I restore settings again using backupmanager. Wifi, Samba, and everything else is then running as expected.

If you need to download the wifi driver to get it running, life gets complicated, you need a (temporary) ethernet connection.
    Last edited by ccs; 14-10-20 at 12:54.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    The reason for the image version question on post #4 is that ofgwrite had difficulties (since fixed) when both ubi and tar.bz2 rootfs were added to the usb.zip
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    My procedure (different box) using wifi only is to use image manager to flash, restore settings (no plugins are restored as no wifi configured yet (it tells you this)), and after the automatic reboot I restore settings again using backupmanager. Wifi, Samba, and everything else is then running as expected.

If you need to download the wifi driver to get it running, life gets complicated, you need a (temporary) ethernet connection.
    Thanks - another settings/plug-in restore got SAMBA working again

BUT Check your Power Timers - they get duplicated if you do a double restore settings
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Hi it was from 5.3.039 to 5.4.001, and I am not aware of any sd card, did a usb install the first time, and soft upgraded after that, I have a solo2 also, did the same thing on that, without any problem. I am not sure of if there is a sd card, or how to use that.
    I can always try to usb flash, but I think it is easier to use imagemanager.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post

BUT Check your Power Timers - they get duplicated if you do a double restore settings
    Thanks, I thought settings restores used to give you the option to just restore plugins, maybe I'm making that up, but it would be handy. I know it doesn't now.

I don't use Power Timers, again, I thought that problem was being looked into?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by twol View Post
    The reason for the image version question on post #4 is that ofgwrite had difficulties (since fixed) when both ubi and tar.bz2 rootfs were added to the usb.zip
    I was from 5.3.039, hopefully a usb flash will solve the problem, box works fine as it is, so I will try that when I got some sparetime, Thank you all.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post

When you restore settings again from backup manager, you are first asked if you want to restore the backup, and then to restore settings.

If you answer no to settings, plugins are still restored. Tested on 5.4.002, but maybe it has always been that way.

(Double restore usually only needed when using a wifi connection.)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

widar (06-11-20)