Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Menubutton in 5.4

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
5.4 001
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Menubutton in 5.4

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Asking for the menu button to be how it was on openvix before is insulting?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I suspect post #12 was the problem.

Title
    Thanks
    insulthing because he see's us as stupids for not using or looking at openpli.Why keep bottering us with it ? Frankly said : If it does not pls him then he has to go to openpli forum or not use super image vix .Never even heard of that menu button going back or leaving selection.As Andy , I use the normal button EXIT

Maybe a simple question with no further notice but why going on about it in that way ?
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bellejt For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (13-11-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellejt View Post
    insulthing because he see's us as stupids for not using or looking at openpli.Why keep bottering us with it ? Frankly said : If it does not pls him then he has to go to openpli forum or not use super image vix .Never even heard of that menu button going back or leaving selection.As Andy , I use the normal button EXIT

Maybe a simple question with no further notice but why going on about it in that way ?
    Do you know how much code is shared between the images? Just have a look at the commit log.
    https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commits/Dev

Why would you press menu if you are already in a menu?

The annoying recursive closing of all menus still occurs in some screens. Long press to do that and short exit to go back one level would be better.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 13-11-20 at 23:17. Reason: Remove ban reference

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It never fails to surprise me how quickly things can get combative here

Looking at the code and the keymaps, it seems we've swapped out the Menu key for a long press of Exit, which to my mind is more logical, but is at odds with quite a few other menu screens: you can see loads of "menu": self.closeRecursive across the code.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to simonc For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (14-11-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I already use long press exit for something else, the power button. Seemed logical at the time. Exit still does what I want.

Menu/setup/epg/settings/menu still uses the menu button. There are others, eg autotimer menu.
    Last edited by ccs; 14-11-20 at 22:38.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Is long press exit working for recursive closing if you have set the Parental Control ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It is symptomatic of modern machines. I thought the number of exits required was excessive but hadn't considered a long exit. Menu does toggle back to viewing in Setup, elsewhere it goes to another menu. Would be great to have long menu/exit to get back to viewing?? Or both. Or both programmable in the button setup and let us decide. Button setup is great and I see has settings for Back/Recall - but no obvious Back button on GigaBlue handset.
    As a comparison, the new Arris 4K Freesat box requires far more button presses than the old Humax Foxsat to achieve the same action. Probably to do with younger designers used to many button pressing on mobile devices to achieve very little. Particularly Apple - on my iPhone the comma is not on the alphabet screen. Stupid.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    Probably to do with younger designers used to many button pressing on mobile devices to achieve very little. Particularly Apple...
    Same with their laptops. 1 button only.
    I'm used to having 5....
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12