Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Change Output Resolution to 720p

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Change Output Resolution to 720p

I'm trying to change the output resolution to 720p to work with an InFocus X1 from 2001.
    Changed the video settings to 720p but the X1 does not seem to work with the frequencies.
    X1 manual indicates Scanning frequency horizontal 31.5-80 kHz vertical 50-85 Hz
    X1 works fine with a Sony RXD-HDR 770 Freeview recorder when set to 720p.
    X1 tries to search for signal, a brief flicker on screen, and resumes search. Tried 60/50 and Multi
    Any pointers would be useful v

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    How are you connecting up the InFocus X1 from the GiGaBlue UHD QUAD 4K. As far as I can see from the online manual, the InFocus X1 projector doesn't have HDMI only Composite video, S-video, VGA and Component video connection. Are you using a HDMI to Component adapter of some sort?

Maybe the GiGaBlue UHD QUAD 4K requires a compatible HDCP monitor/screen whereas the Sony doesn't.

Have you tried reducing the resolution to 480p to obtain a picture first and then increase it step by step to see how far you can push it?
    VU+ Duo 4K SE

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Connecting the InFocus using HDMI cable then at projector an HDMI to PC VGA adapter. Works fine with Sony.

>Maybe the GiGaBlue UHD QUAD 4K requires a compatible HDCP monitor/screen whereas the Sony doesn't.

Could be but I would have thought only in operation for HD material.

Can't reduce the GigaBlue to 480p.

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Maybe the Gigablue box needs to be rebooted after connecting the adapter and projector to it so it can read the capabilities it presents and adjust to them?
    Or maybe it just doesn't present any capabilities that the box can do.
    HDMI to VGA adapters often tend to look like rather weird non standard HDMI devices when connected to older VGA devices.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Tried with Humax Foxsat HDR and works perfectly, showing both SD and HD material, with no menu fiddling. The latter surprised me as I thought the HD was under HDCP protection and the InFocus X1 must predate HDCP by a good number of years.
    Suppose it is the difference between amateur open source and professional proprietary systems.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    Tried with Humax Foxsat HDR and works perfectly, showing both SD and HD material, with no menu fiddling. The latter surprised me as I thought the HD was under HDCP protection and the InFocus X1 must predate HDCP by a good number of years.
    Suppose it is the difference between amateur open source and professional proprietary systems.
    I didn't realise Foxsat was "amateur open source".

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

ronand (12-10-20)