Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Looking for Satellite receiver with 4 Sat Tuners | Also need Freeview Splitter

Title
    Thanks

Question Looking for Satellite receiver with 4 Sat Tuners | Also need Freeview Splitter

I'm looking for a box as cheap as possible (used or new) with 4 satellite tuners or 2 sat tuners but it allows me to add a 2nd sat twin tuner. I've already got a VU+ Duo 2. If I buy another is it possible to change the remote frequency otherwise one remote will control both boxes at the same time?

Also looking for a freeview splitter so I can split my freeview cable that comes out of the wall into multiple cables. Any suggestions and will I still be able to watch different live channels on each box if I split the freeview cable?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to SkyFan For This Useful Post:

deltec (28-10-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I use something like this, made by Wolsey. They also act as a booster, from zero to 10dB....

Code:
    https://cpc.farnell.com/wolsey/334013/lte-4-way-distribution-amplifier/dp/AP03413
    You may be able to get them with different types of connector.
    Last edited by ccs; 07-10-20 at 15:09.

Title
    Thanks
    I can't see the connector type that device uses. Will a coaxial cable plugged into my aerial wall socket be able to have the other end of the cable plugged into that device? Here's my cable:
    Code:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/CDL-Micro-Plated-Aerial-Adapter-Black/dp/B00BFC7V8G?ref_=Oct_s9_apbd_otopr_hd_bw_bZlx0x&pf_rd_r=NFHNJJKSKG7S2ST19JZW&pf_rd_p=02ee6cf4-d94b-5e4a-8093-3d59514633a9&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-10&pf_rd_t=BROWSE&pf_rd_i=528600031

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It uses F-Connectors (it's on the webpage), you can buy adapters to convert from your RF tv cable to an F-Connector, or better still get a new cable.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    There are other boosters/splitters, with various outputs....

Code:
    https://cpc.farnell.com/search?st=way%20protected%20distribution%20amplifier
    Last edited by ccs; 07-10-20 at 16:33.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Moved to correct section.

Take a look at the Gigablue UHD UE 4K: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...blue-uhd-ue-4k

Or the Quad 4K: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...ue_uhd_quad_4k

Both can have 4x Satellite tuners.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    all (except the first ones) VU STBs allow to select between 4 different IR code sets so up to 4 different STBs can be in the same room without interference. If you like SmartPhone control all E2 receiver allow to be controled through IP with no interference.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Trial For This Useful Post:

SkyFan (08-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Looking for Satellite receiver with 4 Sat Tu

Which satellites do you want to connect to your box? Is it just 28.2? If so, a box with an FBC tuner used in conjunction with a Unicable LNB will allow 8 demodulators.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Which satellites do you want to connect to your box? Is it just 28.2? If so, a box with an FBC tuner used in conjunction with a Unicable LNB will allow 8 demodulators.
    Yes 28.2

My VU+ Duo 2 has 2 Twin S2 tuners so I can record a minimum of 4 channels at once such as:
    BBC Four HD
    BBC One HD
    ITV HD
    Channel 4 HD

Above are the channels I'll be recording. My box won't let me record other channels while recording those 4 channels.

Will either of the boxes you mentioned do the same or can it record more channels than the minimum of 4?

If I have 2 S2 Twin Tuners then does that mean there's no freeview tuner available on those boxes?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Looking for Satellite receiver with 4 Sat Tu

With an FBC tuner (available on GB UE 4K, GB UHD 4k, Vu Solo 4K, Vu Uno 4K, Vu Duo 4K, Vu Ultimo 4K), the 8 satellite demodulators will allow you to record a lot more than 4 channels using a normal LNB. Add a unicable 2 LNB, you shouldn't get any problems up to 30 channels.

The GigaBlue to which links were posted are the cheapest, best you buy with a PNP Terrestrial tuner as USB tuners don't work.

The only FBC receiver that takes a 3.5 drive is the Ultimo4k

Best you ring the retailer and talk before buying to avoid misunderstanding.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

SkyFan (12-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    I have a Gigablue Quad HD receiver with 4 tuners.

It was a warranty replacement and hasn't had much use.

I am lookinng for £125 including shipping within the UK.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks. However I've bought the Ultimo 4K now with 4 FBC tuners.