Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: HDR Mode

Title
    Thanks

HDR Mode

Good morning,

Can anyone who has this box ever get the HDR to automatically engage? Obviously no live TV uses it atm, but when using Kodi or a VOD program of some kind and playing a file that supports HDR, it never engages for me. Other boxes I have using the same OpenATV 6.4 image do this with no issues, just can't get the HD61 to work. I have also tried this with OpenVIX and PurE2 images, and the same issue persists. I have the HDR settings set to Auto in the Menu/Setup/Video settings. I am assuming that should be enough, but am I missing something?

Thanks

Mano

Title
    Thanks
    Same issue for me with this box

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I tested on known HLG HDR channels on Astra at 19.2 and it doesn't kick in automatically on those either where as it does on my Mutant HD51.

I also noticed the drivers are quite old for a box that is relatively new.

I hope the manufacturers haven't abandoned this potentially interesting box already.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    There was a driver update for the AX61 about a month ago (specifically to resolve a motor issue, but there may have been other changes). Update or flash to a recent build to get the driver update.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have ViX 5.4.003 already and prefer to stick to ViX. Drivers are dated 31-07-2020

Hopefully newer drivers will arrive with the next update.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    Apologies @maxben. The drivers were updated on 25th November, but there hasn't been a Vix Release since before that. Hopefully due this weekend! The new drivers may not resolve your issue with HDR (I don't have 4k TV to test), but at least you can check when 5.4.004 is released.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

Clabs (07-01-21),maxben (07-01-21)