Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Autotimers.xml question ... and errors ...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Smile Autotimers.xml question ... and errors ...

Hi
    Quick question:

In the last 1-2 moths I noticed a pop-up keeps coming on telling me of a conflict etc. - UK I understand that.

But lately I often get a pop-up listing the same TV show between 3-8 times same thing listed ... a conflict ... but that timer was deleted ages ago.

I had same problem on 2-3 different channels, mainly BBC One.

I never had the time until today I FTP receiver, got the autotimer.xml out [copied it !] and edited.

I delete the 3-4 entry of the same programme I deleted ages ago.

Not only that, it kept coming up again in the Autotimers listing, so I disabled 'them' and still had that blooming error popping up. Then deleted it several times ...

Anyway today I deleted those entries and re-FTP files back in.

Let's see what happens.

Any idea why this happens?

Thank you
    M

PS LOVE Gigablue with Enigma 2 / OpenVix - well done ... after has taken me a while to learn how it works!

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    You delete autotimers from the autotimers gui, and then green to save, otherwise it forgets what you've just done.

I wouldn't recommend editing the xml file, if you do, you need to stop enigma2 first (telnet command init 4) and restart it (init 3) when you've finished copying the file back, otherwise it forgets what you've just done

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (30-09-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    You delete autotimers from the autotimers gui, and then green to save, otherwise it forgets what you've just done.

I wouldn't recommend editing the xml file, if you do, you need to stop enigma2 first (telnet command init 4) and restart it (init 3) when you've finished copying the file back, otherwise it forgets what you've just done

Sorry I do not understand what you mean with the green button.

The Timers page does not have a 'Green button to confirm' but One to Add , I have just checked.

If you mean on the Guide, then there is a Green [change] /Green to delete from there.

I only see a Delete Red button

By the way, I used Filezilla FTP to download/copy/edit original/re-upload, so I guess a reboot would do?

Thanks for helping

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The green button in the autotimers menu, not the timers menu, and no, a reboot won't do.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sorry I am thick! Where is it?

I only ever used the Timer one, I never had the time to find out other things until I need them.

I am looking in the manual now and I cannot do much at this point, our grandson came back and took over!
    hahahaha

FOUND it NOT in the manual, but online Menu/Timers/Autotimers - never knew about this.

OK, learned a new one.

Thanks
    Last edited by Mundosat; 30-09-20 at 14:13.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I guess I found a bug?

I delete from Timers and it does delete it, then it comes up again after a while.

If Menu/Timers/Autotimers does delete it + OK, then there is a bug or better not have two listing for the same thing. Although Timers includes all timers.

Just a thought.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You've been mixing up timers and autotimers, your 1st post mentioned autotimers, so I assumed that was what you were using.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts

Autotimers.xml question ... and errors ...

AutoTimer (AT) creates timers. Timers can be created manually or by AT. If you delete an AT, you will be asked if you also want to delete the timers that were created by AT.

If you delete a timer that was created by AT, without deleting the AT, AT will create it again.

Think of it like a bucket under a tap. If you don't close the tap, you will be emptying the bucket forever.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It comes back because the autotimer recreates it.
    As ccs said, you need to delete from Autotimers, it will then ask if you want to delete all timers created from that autotimer.
    You then need to press the green button to save the settings before exiting.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Got that now!

Thanks for your input.

Yes, got that now, I never knew I could get to auto timers there.

I am sorry if I am thick ... these days ... but I left the little bit I knew about Linux / Telnetting / etc. at 20-25 years ago, when I used to learn a bit about it while I was playing with various Linux versions.

I am really a newbie again, although I was a more intermediate at the time - I am getting older too ...

Thanks for your patience ...

By the way, I went to Menu / Timers / Auto Timers a minute ago [grandson was watching its tablet 'filtered' TV] and they are not any more listed there. So I guess the FTP worked, lets see what happens. If they re-appear I will delete them from the 'correct' menu.

PS Slightly off - post ...
    Telnetting - if I use OpenWebIf to telnet and do the init 4 - it does stop receiver, but it stays with display blank and nothing happens + I am clearly disconnected [telnet].

I waited for a bit then I had to switch it off/on to let it reboot.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I'd stay well clear of telnet, you don't normally need it to manage timers and autotimers. Just use the GUI and EPG. Otherwise you'll get into a real mess.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (30-09-20)