Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: Power on/off/standby confusion

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
Yes
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No

Thread: Power on/off/standby confusion

Title
    Thanks

Power on/off/standby confusion

Perhaps someone has already hit this problem and knows how to overcome it. Pushing either the front panel on/off switch or the remote control on/off switch turns my Trio COMPLETELY off, i.e. the display goes dark and it no longer responds either to the front panel button or the remote control. There is no form of standby available. Only cycling the power switch at the rear brings the box back to life with a new boot. I've also tried a different skin, without any difference. Any ideas where/how this can be rectified? Thanks!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    So if you long press the Power button - you don't get the list of power off/multiboot options ????
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    I do not think that this is normal behavior. I think that the Trio has a problem going into (deep) standby so that it is not responsive anymore. Active debug log and try shutting it down 2-3 times and then post the log.

Another possibility would be telnet if you are experienced. Connect with telnet, init 4, enigma2 and the try to shut down. If there is a but in enigma2 you will see it on the screen. If you use putty you can also log the output to a file.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks twol and Trial. Long pressing the power button on the front panel has no effect, but the box dies as soon as I release it.

I have captured the crash and log files - where shall I send them?

Thanks, Blackeye

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeye View Post
    Perhaps someone has already hit this problem and knows how to overcome it. Pushing either the front panel on/off switch or the remote control on/off switch turns my Trio COMPLETELY off, i.e. the display goes dark and it no longer responds either to the front panel button or the remote control. There is no form of standby available. Only cycling the power switch at the rear brings the box back to life with a new boot. I've also tried a different skin, without any difference. Any ideas where/how this can be rectified? Thanks!
    What happens if you set a power timer to put the box into standby or deep standby?

Menu -> setup -> timers -> power timers -> add

As a test only

Timer type = auto standby
    Sleep delay = 10 (minutes)
    Repeat type = once
    Press green

This should put your box into stanby after 10 minutes (of not touching any buttons on the remote)

Delete the timer after test
    Last edited by adm; 02-10-20 at 16:25.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackeye View Post
    Thanks twol and Trial. Long pressing the power button on the front panel has no effect, but the box dies as soon as I release it.

I have captured the crash and log files - where shall I send them?

Thanks, Blackeye
    Post them here (attach the files)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K