Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Recording's suddenly disappeared?

Title
    Thanks

Recording's suddenly disappeared?

Hi!

Strange one. Been using the box no problem and I got I from WoS back in June-ish with 1Tb HDD built in and openvix.

It was working great, autotimers setup etc. but went to watch a recording last week and nothing seems to be there on the Hard Drive? When I navigate to /media/hdd/movie I just get a message saying the directory doesn't exist??

Not sure if it's relates but when I go to devices it claims the device is full also?

And ideas other than re-initialising the hard drive and losing recordings?
    Also tried re-mounting, but just got "mount failed".
    To be clear, this isn’t an external HDD, it’s the built in (by WoS) one.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Similar to this: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?63258
    But I don't think a solution was ever found

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Might you try reflashing a new image and setup from scratch using no restores,did you look at at the storage to see if it changed even after it said failed and now says ext4?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi, just noticed this thread...and yes, same thing happened here. So my situ was slightly different though. I was using pure2 6.5, went to do an update and boom, on reboot, no recordings showing, I could see hdd (which was 90% full prior) showing unmounted, so tried to mount as did everyone on here. No luck, so looked into fsck commands, and using terminal. no luck. so re-flashed with latest 4.01 openvix and same thing. so downloaded plugin webif with terminal and tried that way. input the fsck command line, still nothing. so no joy on pure2 or openvix. I tried installing all the linux utils thinking that may help terminal communicate with box and correct the hdd/movie folder...but no. Nothing so I too just re-initialised drive and started from scratch as backups everything was gone too. Total bug in system for sure, but I'm double sure that its fixable by this forum's group. Knowledge is power after all...and I love this box so have no intention of parting with it, despite losing everything (90% on 2 tb Tosh hdd!) this week! It was enough to know the hardware was all good considering only few months old and is just a software blip!
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts

Recording's suddenly disappeared?

ViX 4.01? Doesn’t exist. Be more specific. Look in Menu > Info > About and tell peeps the proper ViX image and your Receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    I'm so sorry Andy, ofc, its a Zgemma H7S and running openvix 5.4001 currently. Completely forgot to update my signature section.
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    .... but you were running Pure2 6.5 when you lost your recordings?

Title
    Thanks
    Yes that is correct, after an update. I was cursing myself! Also, neither image could see the hdd as mounted, so could not gain access to recorded files. I kept thinking fsck fsck and kept going over the same things, became frustrated and initialised ..it was late. in hindsight it was lazy of me, would've been good to get a solution ...
    btw I'm staying with openvix despite the same thing happening on this image. never had a prob like this before on openvix, but it appears problem could be cross-image, so....?