Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: timeshift subtiles disappear?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

timeshift subtiles disappear?

hi was originally on build vu solo 2 receiver and use subtitles a fair bit and have now upgraded to image 5.3.039 and now notice that the subtitles don`t carry on when timeshift is used but was working originally on an older image cant remember which as was over a year old and finally bit the bullet to upgrade image?
    basically have to switch off and then back on again to enable everytime timeshift is used?
    have i missed something at all?
    hope someone can help?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zenith View Post
    hi was originally on build vu solo 2 receiver and use subtitles a fair bit and have now upgraded to image 5.3.039 and now notice that the subtitles don`t carry on when timeshift is used but was working originally on an older image cant remember which as was over a year old and finally bit the bullet to upgrade image?
    basically have to switch off and then back on again to enable everytime timeshift is used?
    hope someone can help?
    still has problem of subtitles disappear when timeshift enabled,then have to switch subs off then on to reappear?
    baffling?
    anybody?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    hope someone can help?
    this is still happening on the newest build 5 4 003.timeshift paused,subtitles disappear,have to switch off and on to reappear.
    any reason for this?
    thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Not sure what's likely to have caused that. There's been no recent changes to subtitles, but we did fix some bugs that were causing problems with subtitles getting out of sync about 6 months ago. This might be a contributing factor.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    .... I had a go with default settings, and they certainly do stop as reported.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

zenith (17-11-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by simonc View Post
    Not sure what's likely to have caused that. There's been no recent changes to subtitles, but we did fix some bugs that were causing problems with subtitles getting out of sync about 6 months ago. This might be a contributing factor.
    this has been happening for quite a while.last time this happened was on a later build a few years ago.same thing, subs would stop on pause and have to turn off and on again to reappear.

Title
    Thanks
    I have the same bug VU + 4K Ultimo, image 5.4.006

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    updated to 5.4.008 today still subtitles disappear when timeshift paused.thought this may have been fixed by now nevermind

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    updated to 5.4.009 today still subtitles disappear when timeshift paused?is there any fix for this at all as i am very reliant on the subtitles?thanks

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    updated to 5.4.009 today still subtitles disappear when timeshift paused?is there any fix for this at all as i am very reliant on the subtitles?thanks
    i have managed to deduce the last working image that had no problems with the timeshift issue was 5.2.045?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    last updated images unfortunately still have the subtitles disappear on timeshift problem?any fix on this issue?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Actually your 1st post" says have now upgraded to image 5.3.039 and now notice that the subtitles don`t carry on when timeshift is used" 5.3.039 was released over 2 years ago - so not easy to find what changed - "if" that was 1st broken release.
    So what setting do you actually change to (re)start sub titles??
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

BrokenUnusableAccount
    Wasn't 5.3.039 released around about 19th July 2020?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BefuddledBrian View Post
    Wasn't 5.3.039 released around about 19th July 2020?
    Yes- 5.2.045 was around July 2019- got my releases/dates
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

16. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    I'm using OpenViX 5.3.039 (2020-07-19) and this is still an issue. Turning off subtitles and then on again fixes this for the current session. What's much more annoying for me is recorded shows are way out of sync and I find it virtually impossible to get that right. In addition, changing settings in 'subtitle delay when timing lacks' and ''subtitle delay when timing is bad' results in live programming subtitles being incorrect because of the latter adjustments. Is a reversion to an earlier image version the only solution and if so which one? Thanks
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast