Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tuner configuration for 4 tuners but 3 feeds

Title
    Thanks

Talking Tuner configuration for 4 tuners but 3 feeds

Good evening all as always.
    I am juggling a new dilemna, I have in my receiver a dual sat tuner with A connected to a motorised dish and b fixed to 28 east, this week I am adding a second dual tuner which I was going to set up for the looped through option as I only have one more feed to the fixed 28 east free. I understand this loop through thing normally allows you to record on the same polarity v or h, in my case is there a way I can either set up things or will it be possible automatically for the tuners to utitlise the number of tuners to to achieve best performance from tuners b to d with minimal use of tuner a to avoid moving the dish as much as possoble, many thanks for the advise in advance, thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Just to clarify, you will have 4 tuners (two modules). Three signal wires, of which one is motorised and two are direct to LNB.

If that is accurate, then tuner C will have the signal wire. Set that as simple, single, 28.2. Tuner D will have no signal wire. Set that as loop through from tuner C.

That will get you most usage of tuners/cabling.

Are you aware you can set the tuner with a motorised dish not to use 28.2? To do this, set it as Motorised selecting positions.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

jassie (17-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Just to clarify, you will have 4 tuners (two modules). Three signal wires, of which one is motorised and two are direct to LNB.

If that is accurate, then tuner C will have the signal wire. Set that as simple, single, 28.2. Tuner D will have no signal wire. Set that as loop through from tuner C.

That will get you most usage of tuners/cabling.

Are you aware you can set the tuner with a motorised dish not to use 28.2? To do this, set it as Motorised selecting positions.
    Thankyou for getting back to me mate, do you mean setting things up so the motorised dish can never go to 28.2, I will allow it to go there as a last resort if there is no other choice, but to otherwise not record something, but will this only happen if the other two feed options have been exhaused as well as trying to get something on the same polarity as tuner c onto D? thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Further to this. I have found my old diseq switch. If i try to integrate it into the set up can it help get better use out of the avialble tuners? Will it be possible to have all vertical or all horizontal from each dual side by looping through and also introduce the motorised set up going into the diseq switch? Thanks

Title
    Thanks

Tuner configuration for 4 tuners but 3 feeds

A diseqc switch allows you to connect more than one LNB to a single cable. The LNBs would be pointing at different satellites. On that cable, you can only use the signal that the switch has switched to. So you won't gain anything in terms of availability. You still have the same number of cables.

However, you can add a diseqc switch to a motor, this will prevent the dish from moving to the satellite which is connected to the switch.

If the 2 28.2 tuners plus motorised are not enough for you, you ought to get a unicable LNB and splitter, you can use an extra tuner then. However, try your setup before spending cash.

Title
    Thanks
    Going into the diseq switch can i have one wire coming from the motor and one wire coming from a splitter? To do the work of the internal splitter of a dual tuner if it can't be done internally or is there a way to do it internally as well have the motorised dishes wire physically plugged into it? This is getting complicated thinning about it all now

Title
    Thanks
    You cannot split signal from a universal LNB. If you are thinking about splitting signal from a universal LNB, you are wasting your time. Get a Unicable LNB if you want to split/share signal.

With regards to your question of combining a fixed dish with motorised dish, see this thread:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...sh-to-one-coax

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry i was referring to the how the tuner would nornally do the internal loop though for example a to b. So still doing that as well as having a motorised dish connected to into b as well. Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    It is in the internal circuitry and software. Nothing for you to do other than correctly tell receiver which tuner has signal wires.

Title
    Thanks
    Can i tell the receiver that tuner a is looped through from tuner b and also has a wire to the motorized dish connected physically into it? Or is this something that's not possible that's what i was trying to get it. Thanks all for trying to understand my poor explanation of the questions

Title
    Thanks

The golden rule of tuner configuration is that it must match what is attached/hooked up to the tuner.

The internal loop-through is within a tuner module/card. So between A & B only and also between C & D only.

It is the first time you have mentioned "2nd cable of motorised LNB". Rather than people guessing what is physically attached to each tuner, please describe as fully as possible what every tuner has attached to it. You have 4 tuners, please make 4 separate statements describing each one individually.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry there is only one wire coming from motorised dish, when i wrote 'also' i meant in reference to what is connected to the tuner.

Tuner A - motorised dish
    Tuner B - fixed to 28east
    Tuner C - fixed to 28east
    Tuner D - Looped through from tuner C

I also have a spare Diseq switch if introducing it anywhere into the set up will benefit me from gaining more tuner flexibility or keep the motorised dish from making less than otherwise necessary movements to 28east.

Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jassie View Post
    Sorry there is only one wire coming from motorised dish, when i wrote 'also' i meant in reference to what is connected to the tuner.

Tuner A - motorised dish
    Tuner B - fixed to 28east
    Tuner C - fixed to 28east
    Tuner D - Looped through from tuner C
    Thanks

The tuner configuration for the above hardware is:

A: Simple, Positioner, set co-ordinates
    B: Simple, single , 28.2
    C: Simple, single, 28.2
    D: Loopthrough from C

keep the motorised dish from making less than otherwise necessary movements to 28 east.
    Unless you change defaults, it will only use the motor when the other 2 plus loop-through tuners are not enough. You do not need to do anything. The default coding in Enigma2 is in the first instance use the tuner with fewest positions.

You can add the diseqc switch to the cabling hooked up to tuner A as per guide to still access 28.2 without the dish moving to 28.2. You don't need to change tuner B-D configurations when you modify the wiring hooked up to Tuner A.

Tuner configuration for each must match what is hooked/attached up to that tuner.

Title
    Thanks
    Thankyou Abu, when you refer to 'as per guide' which guide in partiuclar are you referring to?

I have thing set up as this now:

A: Simple, Positioner, set co-ordinates
    B: Simple, single , 28.2
    C: Simple, single, 28.2
    D: Loopthrough from C

What I understood is that D looping through from C would let me view all on one particular polarity such as H or V between tuners C and D, but I notice this is not the case, am I doing something wrong or I didn't understand things correctly. For exapmple with my set up motorized dish is parked at 42 east, a timer starts to record BBC1 London and another time starts to records Channel 5 HD, both of these are Horizontal, whilst these record I switch to BBC1 HD which is Vertical but between tuners B to D this is not managable and the dish starts moving to 28 east to assist the matter, thanks.

Title
    Thanks

Link to guide is in post 7.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast