Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: How flash PurE2 onto slot whilst currently running openvix

Title
    Thanks

How flash PurE2 onto slot whilst currently running openvix

Hey, tried flashing using usual method , got correct PurE2 6.5 loaded onto usb, put in back slot, powerup and hold front button behind flap, display goes to flash- usb, back to boot in the blink of an eye, then just boots openvix 5.39 as before. So I must be doing something wrong? Basically, I'm trying to flash a spare slot (currently slot 2 has openvix 5.39 of the 4 available) with PurE2 after reading the enormous benefits. Any help appreciated as I've given up in case I crash something as otherwise box is running perfectly!
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    1) I am confused - are you trying to do a usb flash with Pure2 which will remove any other image
    Or
    2) are you trying to flash a slot in which case you should be using ImageManager

Either way PurE2 image for H7 needs a usb flash and as they change the slot size, you will certainly have only a PurE2 image installed.
    Not sure what you expect to get out of running PurE2 apart from a different Image.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

3. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (14-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks twol, well both if possible, flash PurE2 onto a spare slot. Is that possible, using image manager? via download, usb etc in current set up as prefer not to start again. However, I want to see PurE2 and use both that and our trusted openvix solely. I've read that if you do start box again from scratch and only plan to use 2 slots , to use special files designed to split the available memory, seen over on linux sat?
    If I do start again can I just re-load backup of openvix? and is backup or full image backup better for that purpose? Sorry for the 101 questions, I really appreciate your help ��
    Zgemma H7S (from WofS) , 2TB Toshiba 2.5 HDD, 8GB Sandisk Usb Stick, 80cm Channel Master dish & Inverto 6 deg monoblock lnb single output -Astra & Hotbird, 1m Dish & H-H Dark Motor, usals, single 0.2 DB lnb, Oscam-latest, Openvix 6.2.002(or latest),ABM, EPG Importer, Minddlna, Transcoding- e2stream/pembo to Samsung H series smart tv. Skin: slyk-1080-r19, Kodi & Torrentplayer
    (LG Oled55cx5lb TV, Quad Vena Play, Project Recordmaster, Kef LS-50, SVS 2000, Echo Studio, Oculus Quest 2, MacBook Pro

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    On ViX do a Backup of your settings.(Backup Manager)
    Flash by usb the PurE2 image .... you get 2 larger partitions because Gorski frigs the boot partitions to get the two larger slots.
    You can then install ViX into the 2nd slot by copying a ViX image over to the HDD and then running an online flash (apparently pManager > SW Manager > Flash on the fly) and restoring the settings backup when asked if you want to do so.

How safe is this? No idea - Gorski does issue some warning msgs.

Best of luck!
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

ade1970 (15-09-20),Sicilian (15-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Hey Twol, gave it a go yesterday, it completely wipes system, recovers the previous hdd recordings under openvix and Kodi all on its own, lost timer recordings only. its a lovely interface, and to be fair, uses oscam latest, all the same files as I had before. trying out the fnc adding, very interesting to say the least! Not attempted to put openvix on 2nd slot as yet, hopefully its straight forward. Chuffed for now to have rebuilt box so quickly, many thanks for your advice! ��

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ade1970 For This Useful Post:

twol (16-09-20)