Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Missing Picons

Title
    Thanks

Missing Picons

Hi guys I have just installed the latest vix image on gigablue quad (5.2 045). I have it up and running but im looking to install up to date picons . I have them located on my hardrive but im missing a lot of the picons for the channels.
    I had a old set on my pc and they must be outdated, Some are Showing others are not.
    I have two questions:
    Which set do I download from within: Plugins: Download Plugins: Picons, for astra 28.2
    Also I seen On of the guides on here that it can be fixed using LraiZer’s AutoBouquets 28.2. Im using Autobouqets that is installed from the vix image. (can it be used instead if so what options do I use) Do I have to install LraiZer’s AutoBouquets 28.2

Thanks for any help guys

BrianTheTechieSnail
    I think you can install any from the downloads page at picons.eu
    I use would use enigma2-plugin-picons-snp-full.220x132-190x102.light.on.transparent_2020-09-05--16-24-29_all.ipk
    I've been told it's easiest to stick to ones with snp-full in the name but you can try dark.on.reflection or whatever you like instead of light.on.transparent and choose whichever looks best to you with your chosen skin.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BrianTheTechieSnail For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (11-09-20),slimshady18 (11-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks Brian
    What I did was Downloaded the above picon pack and extracted them on the pc. I then FTP'D them over to the picon folder on the hardrive to the gigablue but still no joy. Rebooted the receiver and still the same, A lot of channels missing thier picons.
    I went back and looked at the downloaded picons folder on the PC and noticed another folder called Logos, open it up and saw more picons. I then deleted all Picons off the harddrive and FTP,d over all the picons in the logos folder over to the hardrive.

Success all looking sweet now
    Thanks lads

BrianTheTechieSnail

If that's working then I'm sure that's fine.
    As I understand it there's normally a set of tiny symlinks in the picon directory which point to a smaller set of actual picons in png files in the logos directory under the picon directory.
    This copes with there being multiple channels with the same logo, for example bbc1, bbcone, bbc1wales, bbc1south etc.
    The usual way to do it is to just let the box extract the ipk and put it where it thinks is best, normally in the flash memory I think.

Look at this thread for more information about picons:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/showthread.php?53119