Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RF Out with different tuners

Title
    Thanks
    Cheers all.
    My system:
    Sat feed - Sky dish trained on Astra 28.2 with 2 leads from dish to living room which gives perfectly acceptable FTA pictures on 32” Panasonic LCD TV.
    IPTV via hardwire connection to 50Mb fibre EE broadband router – the picture is fine but sometimes slightly unreliable (presumably due to my choice of IPTV provider and easily changed in future).
    A signal (?non-HD) was distributed via a Technomate TM Twin OE to 4 rooms via RF out using a loftbox with feeds the various rooms. All screens display the same channel that can be changed using an android app on phone/tablet.
    The Technomate started playing up (?power supply issue) so I acquired a new-ish Xtrend box that well-known auction site in the mistaken belief that it had RF out capability (the picture of the back had several RF-style connectors which I now know are actually DVB-C tuner connectors). Duh!
    The ET10000 box has 4 tuners:
    1 x AVL6211 (DVB-S2) https://datasheetspdf.com/pdf/938781/Availink/AVL6211/1
    3 x TDA10024 (DVB-C) http://read.pudn.com/downloads404/do...Sheet_V1.0.pdf
    It came with OpenPLI but I flashed/updated to the most recent ET10000 bootlocker and Openvix 5.0.39 image but, unlike my previous setup, can find no reference in the menus to RF output - ?this option has been removed since my previous older version of OpenVix or is it just the lack of a suitable properly configured tuner?
    The TVs are nothing special – Primary display in living room is the 32” 1080i Panasonic Viera directly connected to the box via HDMI. It’s squeezed into a cupboard built into a chimney breast so no possibility for a larger screen. The picture is fine, especially with the new (to me) ET10000.
    Elsewhere are 3 Thomson 32” HD ready LCDs- native resolutions of 1280 x720 and in the kitchen an ancient Philips 20” FlatTV (sporting a lovely “Crystal Clear III” screen!!!).
    This setup worked very well previously and we’re not ready to dump these screens for the latest 1920 or 4K offerings (hassle and probably outside our budget for now)
    I am happy with the picture quality we got from the previous setup and not really looking to upgrade too much especially as, since changing the sat box the Panasonic shows much improved resolution. No idea yet how the other screens will fare unfortunately…

I’m thinking a combo tuner with sat in and RF out capability would allow me to connect the second dish feed and record Freesat but would appreciate ongoing advice how to go about doing this with minimum fuss/outlay. There is an RF modulator attached to the loftbox (if that’s at all relevant) and I think I have another one somewhere in storage.

I hope this contains all the info needed but if not please ask away…

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ET10K tuners are very difficult to find, but I'm sure second hand versions can be purchased.

You won't find a reference to RF out because the ET10K hasn't got any, whatever tuners you may have.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

urantoid (04-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Just seen the various helpful responses (multitasking so missed them before my most recent post).

- The secondary TVs are not fully digital, just LCD.

- I would like to be able to watch recordings in all the rooms but not a deal breaker.

- I don't mind connecting the Panasonic with component or other leads if this allows connecting the secondaries with an RF output via Scart or HDMI

- looks like HDMI connector only useful if/when I upgrade my "vintage" TV stock??

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts

RF Out with different tuners

Tuner = Device to receive satellite, terrestrial or cable signal.

RF modulator = Device to send out what box sees. The Twin is among last devices to have this.

Unless you have an RF modulator, forget piping out what you see on TV.

Do you have Kodi on your Android device? If so, you can watch recording on main box and stream/view live TV from it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

urantoid (05-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    I've successfully installed an RF modulator and the picture is great throughout the house, using phone apps to change channels.

In the interest of versatility I'll be investigating Kodi and some of the other options mentioned in this thread, as well as replacing one of the cable tuners with a sat tuner so I can record programmes while watching another.

So - it seems the request for help has been successfully resolved and I hope the info here will help others with the same setup or equipment spec.

Sincere thanks to all contributors to this thread. You saved me a great deal of time and expense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12