Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Missing Listings

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Missing Listings

I've followed the CrossEPG. Deleted epg.dat, ABM and CrossEPG followed by rebooting. Then re-run ABM and CrossEPG. Missing some TV programmes but many more Radio programmes.
    I normally update EPG manually each day but as on a boat, have to set up the dish whenever I move.
    So, looking for some more answers???

And any answers to CrossEPG issues would be good in the Guide??
    Last edited by CRMS; 31-08-20 at 17:24.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,112 Times in 878 Posts
    CrossEPG does not seem to be able to retrieve radio EPG data from the SKY or FreeSat bouquet. On the FreeSat bouquet the radio channels are there from 700 onwards (on my listing, but I'm using alternative numbering). I have found that, if you enable the FreeSat EPG reader in the EPG settings, then the radio channels EPG is populated after a short while (10 -20 mins). The slight downside to using the Freesat EPG reader in conjunction with CrossEPG is that some EPG entries may have conflicting entries. It's a minor issue IMHO, though.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks. Most radio listings appeared after a while. But both TV and Radio suffer sporadically where programme information is present but title is not??

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    Important question is: "Is the data available on the satellite?" I double checked this a couple months ago, the answer was still "no". Best way to check is to check on a Sky receiver that does not obtain EPG from the internet.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Think data must be on satellite. Humax Foxsat has all the details using the same LNB.
    In the middle of France on a barge - difficult to check someone's Sky receiver����

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    I did already test this on my SkyQ box. The Radio EPG was present for 7 days, BUT when I disconnected from the network no EPG data was present after a Reboot. Hope this answers the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (20-07-22),CRUMBLIN (03-09-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    Think data must be on satellite. Humax Foxsat has all the details using the same LNB.
    In the middle of France on a barge - difficult to check someone's Sky receiver����
    The Humax Foxsat (I still have one ) gets its EPG from the Freesat transponders. As I posted in #2, if you enable the Freesat reader on an enigma box, then you will get the radio listings (which are in the Freesat bouquet). I have not been able to get radio EPG listings for the SKY bouquet from satellite. I've raised a problem report, but the data just doesn't seem to be available off-air. See Andy's post (#6) which seems to indicate that the radio EPG on SKY is actually provided over t'internet.
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Joe_90 For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,142 Times in 6,220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Important question is: "Is the data available on the satellite?" I double checked this a couple months ago, the answer was still "no". Best way to check is to check on a Sky receiver that does not obtain EPG from the internet.
    @littlejim
    Just tested this again, no radio EPG. Just now/next ( not always next)
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Interesting that it's not available on Sky receiver, abu. It's still ok on the Freesat EPG - full 7 day listing for radio. The Freesat TV EPG schedule has the "£" symbol coded correctly (for Place In The Sun house values on More4, HGTV etc.), whereas the OpenTV EPG has the "#" symbol, as does the Now/Next data. Just enable the Freesat EPG and you will get the radio listings, but see post #2.
    Last edited by Joe_90; 20-07-22 at 09:52.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,917 Times in 3,254 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe_90 View Post
    Interesting that it's not available on Sky receiver, abu. It's still ok on the Freesat EPG - full 7 day listing for radio. The Freesat TV EPG schedule has the "£" symbol coded correctly (for Place In The Sun house values on More4, HGTV etc.), whereas the OpenTV EPG has the "#" symbol, as does the Now/Next data. Just enable the Freesat EPG and you will get the radio listings, but see post #2.
    Probably because they are in the main channels list.