Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lost all recordings

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
    @104bill - With an empty 1TB HDD your recordings list will show something like 960GB free disk space. If it shows something markedly different then you are probably looking at the wrong mount. Have you tried checking in OpenWebIF , I would just out of curiosity, before doing anything that might destroy the data?
    The percentage at the bottom of the panel was 0%. I have only the one HDD disc mounted, Anyway too late now i've reset and remounted so all data gone, working as it should at the moment showing 929GB (99%) see where we go from here. thanks all the same.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 104bill View Post
    The percentage at the bottom of the panel was 0%. I have only the one HDD disc mounted, Anyway too late now i've reset and remounted so all data gone, working as it should at the moment showing 929GB (99%) see where we go from here. thanks all the same.
    If the 0% refers to free disk space then the disk is full, so probably a corrupt index/FAT so initialising may fix it if there are no hardware errors like bad sectors. If it happens again then you may have to prep/format the disk which will take some time, I think there is a Vix menu option somewhere, probably in the Viz sub menu.
    VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin FBC Tuner 1TB HDD - Magic-FHD skin
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA
    Remote - Logitech Harmony One

Title
    Thanks
    If the 0% refers to free disk space then the disk is full, so probably a corrupt index/FAT so initialising may fix it if there are no hardware errors like bad sectors. If it happens again then you may have to prep/format the disk which will take some time, I think there is a Vix menu option somewhere, probably in the Viz sub menu.
    Cheers, if it happens again i'll give it a try, Hopefully won't need to. Thanks again.

Title
    Thanks
    Update from me, I did a full scan with testdisk and it took about 8 days on my 2tb disk. It recovered a list of filesystems but each one was corrupt and so it could not be loaded. The disk itself seems ok and passes diskcheck without errors. So I ahve lost my data. It sounds like Vix cannot programtically do this so I can only presume the disk itself has an issue. I'm still going to use the disk but backup anything I want to keep and see how it goes.

Title
    Thanks
    I don't think Vix can do a low-level format, it only seems to do an initialize which clears the FATs or whatever the equivalent is in the linux file system. Personally I would not trust the disk, I would install a replacement disk and format the replaced disk appropriately.
    VU+ Uno 4K SE Twin FBC Tuner 1TB HDD - Magic-FHD skin
    TV - LG OLED55CS6LA
    Remote - Logitech Harmony One

BrianTheTechieSnail
    I don't think Vix can do a low-level format, it only seems to do an initialize which clears the FATs or whatever the equivalent is in the linux file system. Personally I would not trust the disk, I would install a replacement disk and format the replaced disk appropriately.
    What convinces you that the disk failed rather than the box crashing and writing garbage over some important data structures?

Quote Originally Posted by danped View Post
    Update from me, I did a full scan with testdisk and it took about 8 days on my 2tb disk. It recovered a list of filesystems but each one was corrupt and so it could not be loaded. The disk itself seems ok and passes diskcheck without errors. So I ahve lost my data. It sounds like Vix cannot programtically do this so I can only presume the disk itself has an issue. I'm still going to use the disk but backup anything I want to keep and see how it goes.
    Is this testdisk from CGSecurity? Did is say anything about the drives health or about SMART information?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12