Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSkyB - Smithsonian channel & BET

BrianTheTechieSnail

Question BSkyB - Smithsonian channel & BET

Why is swap channels swapping BET and Smithsonian channel HD (rather than Smithsonian channel and Smithsonian channel HD) in my BSkyB bouquet?

Enigma2_debug_2020-08-27_19-02-33.log
    Last edited by BrianTheTechieSnail; 27-08-20 at 19:18. Reason: make clearer

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoB...3be5e5fa19d7b4

Update the provider file using function in ABM then run again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Thank you Abu.

Is there no way to avoid this type of event requiring a manual change to files on GitHub?

Perhaps it would just mean some other type of event would need manual change instead

In the future perhaps I will try only run ABM scan after I do provider file update and notice that there was an update required.

But unfortunately ABM scan is also the only way to sort the results of blind scan into alphanumeric order.
    Last edited by BrianTheTechieSnail; 28-08-20 at 15:44.

Title
    Thanks
    Best to use the HD line up then.

Edit:
    That way you are using the official list without depending on manual changes by the E2 community

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechieSnail View Post
    But unfortunately ABM scan is also the only way to sort the results of blind scan into alphanumeric order.
    Why are you using blindscan and then ABM???

ABM scans the channels itself and then creates the bouquets for you. there is no point duplicating things
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Why are you using blindscan and then ABM???

ABM scans the channels itself and then creates the bouquets for you. there is no point duplicating things
    I like to have a Sky bouquet where I can use the Sky channel numbers, a Freeview bouquet where I can use the Freeview channel numbers (+2000), a favourites bouquet with a few oddments* in it that don't show up, or don't show up in a convenient way anywhere else, and an everything (or in practice almost everything) bouquet with everything in alphabetical order.

I do not use sub bouquets because I do not in general have any trouble remembering the channel numbers I watch or the channel numbers where the sub sections start.

(*oddments are the UHD test channels, ITVi Stream 44 (to be able to watch Merit on satellite) and the buildings CCTV channel which is on a locally injected DVB-T multiplex that the box otherwise refuses to see).

As you can see I somewhat obsessively want to have absolutely everything that's available.

It is quite possible that I'm not achieving all this in the optimal way as I have just done it by experimenting until I eventually manage to get it close to the way I want.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Its time to expand your viewing and get a motor - you are missing thousands of channels!! Personally I don't use ABM - I just make my bouquets manually with the channels in the order that suits me. A blind scan is still not the way to do it though - just do a manual scan of the single satellite (its much quicker). And better still just keep an eye on a site such as kingofsat for transponder/channel changes on 28e. Usually its enough to scan/modify a single transponder to make any updates. A blind scan is normally used when transponder details are not known (usually for feeds etc).
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechieSnail View Post
    ITVi Stream 44 (to be able to watch Merit on satellite)
    Looks like that doesn't work anymore.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    A blind scan is still not the way to do it though - just do a manual scan of the single satellite (its much quicker).
    I can't find a way to do a manual scan of both satellite and Freeview retaining all the results.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    There's only one way. Just do the scan and press the green button (or OK) at end.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    There's only one way. Just do the scan and press the green button (or OK) at end.
    Are you deliberately trying to be annoying?

I want all the channels, satellite and terrestrial to appear in 'Last Scanned'.
    Last edited by BrianTheTechieSnail; 31-08-20 at 00:44.

Title
    Thanks
    Last scanned is dynamic. What is wrong with "all"?

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Last scanned is dynamic. What is wrong with "all"?
    Maybe I mean 'all'.
    The place where all the results of a blind scan go, all lumped together, satellite and terrestrial.
    It's like the last bouquet - after the one that's empty by default but nevertheless seems to be absolutely vital in that if you delete it the box goes completely crazy.
    Last edited by BrianTheTechieSnail; 31-08-20 at 01:35.

Title
    Thanks
    "All services" is not a bouquet.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    "All services" is not a bouquet.
    Well maybe not but it appears at the end of the list of bouquets, after the providers and the empty slot which seems to have to be there which I now use as a sort or favourites or extras place.
    Last edited by BrianTheTechieSnail; 31-08-20 at 03:19.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast