Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DVB-C/T tuner inop

Title
    Thanks

DVB-C/T tuner inop

STB: Gigablue UE UHD 4K

Image: OpenVix...latest

Tuner: NIM TT2L10 DVB-C/T combi tuner

I just got this STB yesterday, the SAT channels are working fine.

I cannot get the cable channels to scan/find any channels. I have tried cable scan, auto scan, and manual scan with known valid channel settings/info from my area and It will not find/tune any cable channels. I've tried Brute force, network ID and every available option in the DVB-C scanning menu.

I have tried every image available for this STB, with the same results; the DVB-C/T tuner is not finding any channels. I know this is not an OpenVIX problem, I'm just asking for some advice. I think it is probably a rookie/stupid mistake I'm making.

Please note: My Xtrend ET-10000 tunes all cable channels with no problems( I reconnected the Xtrend 3 times to verify this...no problems), so the cabling and/or connectors are ruled out.

Are there specific settings I should use to get the DVB-C/T tuner to scan/tune cable channels?

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Latest can mean anything, Can you not just say the number and avoid any ambiguity?

Which country are you in?
    What are the tuner configuaration for the hybrid tuners?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You’ll not get any cable channels in the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_one View Post
    STB: Gigablue UE UHD 4K
    Image: OpenVix...latest

Tuner: NIM TT2L10 DVB-C/T combi tuner

I just got this STB yesterday, the SAT channels are working fine.

I cannot get the cable channels to scan/find any channels. I have tried cable scan, auto scan, and manual scan with known valid channel settings/info from my area and It will not find/tune any cable channels. I've tried Brute force, network ID and every available option in the DVB-C scanning menu.

I have tried every image available for this STB, with the same results; the DVB-C/T tuner is not finding any channels. I know this is not an OpenVIX problem, I'm just asking for some advice. I think it is probably a rookie/stupid mistake I'm making.

Please note: My Xtrend ET-10000 tunes all cable channels with no problems( I reconnected the Xtrend 3 times to verify this...no problems), so the cabling and/or connectors are ruled out.

Are there specific settings I should use to get the DVB-C/T tuner to scan/tune cable channels?

Thanks.
    Where did you buy it - that doesn‘t look like the correct c/t tuner for the UE 4K - thats the old tuner if you have the TT2L10 (I am checking via the impex-sat.de web site)
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Latest can mean anything, Can you not just say the number and avoid any ambiguity?

Which country are you in?
    Daaaaayum

Sorry bro, I flashed 5.3.09 about 20 minutes ago, still not finding anything on DVB-C.

I live in Germany...like I said I connected my Xtrend ET-10000 about an hour ago on VIX image and the cable channels were fine.

This is where I'm prolly making the meathead mistake.

I chose DVB_C enabled>>DVB-T disabled and tried every possible scan method, i.e., cable scan, automatic scan, manual scna with a known valid freq, symbol rate and Qam.

Thanks for any help

Title
    Thanks
    Where did you buy it - that doesn‘t look like the correct c/t tuner for the UE 4K - thats the old tuner if you have the TT2L10 (I am checking via the impex-sat.de web site)
    I bought it from HM-Sat.de

I've had good experiences with them in the past, but I know that doesn't mean anything now. Maybe I got shafted with old DVB-C tuner.

Title
    Thanks
    Latest release image is 5.3 039.

People say everything they have tried instead of answering the question that is being asked: "What is it now?
    I also asked what tuner configuration you had set, not what scanning method you had used. They are two different processes.

I ask questions to establish current state of affairs so we can rule out things and find a solution if possible. I treat things one by one instead of jumbling all different things in one go. It has served me well.

Here is my screenshot

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,892 Times in 2,245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost_one View Post
    I bought it from HM-Sat.de

I've had good experiences with them in the past, but I know that doesn't mean anything now. Maybe I got shafted with old DVB-C tuner.
    I have no issues with that supplier either, but the Impex site (they are GigaBlue) says that tuner is for:
    Unterstützte GigaBlue Set-Top-Boxen:

GigaBlue Quad Plus

GigaBlue Ultra UE

GigaBlue X3

GigaBlue X3.H

Now maybe for cable it works, but I would want the updated tuner for the UE4K
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Another test you can do is to set to Terrestrial and then scan. obviously connect to an aerial. If it does not find any terrestrial services, it will be likely to be a faulty tuner.

If you are not using 5.3 039, it might be worth flashing it as there were some driver updates.

Title
    Thanks
    abu baniaz

Thanks for your help

I'm not trying to $hit in your wheaties, just trying to joke around a bit.

I know you have helped a trillion people on this forum, and all of us appreciate that.

I'm re-flashing now, because I tried OpenPLI again, to no avail.

I'm thinking maybe my DVB-C/T tuners are fudged up...but we'll see.

Thanks again to everyone.

TWOL: do you know what is the most current tuner for the Gigablue UE UHD 4K?

Thanks.

Title
    Thanks
    Have you tried to use the lamedb/settings file from the xtrend?

Title
    Thanks
    Have you tried to use the lamedb/settings file from the xtrend?
    I always save a copy of the latest channel list from DBEdit on my PC. That's the first thing I tried, and I was shocked that the channels didn't tune in the beginning.

My tuner config page looks exactly like yours, except for the different country and provider, of course. I scanned again about 5 minutes ago, I think my tuner is AFU.

Thanks for your help.

Even if I do get it to work , I think I got bent over on the old tuner in my STB. I'll contact them(HM-Sat) about it.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for everyone's help.

I contacted HM-Sat today and they sent ma an RMA label, we'll see shat happens. I advised them about the supported tuners for my receiver...Gigablue UHD UE4K...we'll see what happens.

Twol: thanks for the info about appropriate tuners for these boxes.

Abu: Thanks for your help with everything.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to lost_one For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (21-08-20)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,941 Times in 3,265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Here is my screenshot
    Have you still got an overlap issue in the "title" field? I thought that was fixed.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    I received the new tuner today (the same model: TT2L10) and it tunes fine. HM-Sat said they verified the original tuner was faulty.

Like Twol said...I think I shoulda got the updated tuner, but I'm not bothered as I'm finished with cable in about a year. I would never order from HM-Sat again. I ordered a STB, splitter and Unicable LNB; splitter was wrong brand, tuner was faulty and looked used (corrosion on board and mounting holes). I haven't connected the LNB yet??

Thanks for everyone's help on here.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lost_one For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (26-08-20)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast