Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enigma boxes with multiple terrestrial tuners still available?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMMM View Post
    The problem is that the T tuners are also C, and C has gone pretty much so no call for it.

Manufactures need to realise, that people using E2 devices now are not really after hacking pay TV but just prefer the interface and sharing around the house that you can do with a E2 box rather than a freeview / freesat box
    Not me, I just use freeview to record and watch programmes when I choose to, not when they're broadcast - and also to avoid those horrible catch up channels (like bbc iplayer) at all costs. My tv has freeview play, but I never (need to) use it.

I'd be surprised if I'm the only one.
    Last edited by ccs; 17-08-20 at 19:35. Reason: typo

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Not me, I just use freeview to record and watch programmes when I choose to, not when they're broadcast - and also to avoid those horrible catch up channels (like bbc iplayer) at all costs. My tv has freeview play, but I never (need to) use it.

I'd be surprised if I'm the only one.
    Think that is what I said

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JonMMM View Post
    Think that is what I said
    I thought you said there was no call/demand for T tuners as C was pretty much dead.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S&O
    I just want to be able to watch Freeview channels, record to my network and be able to view on any tv (with a box) in the house. The Enigma/VIX boxes enable me to do that. I'm just finding that I'm limited to what live TV I can watch while I'm recording.

Thanks everyone for you help, its much appreciated.
    Why can't you use USB tuners on the box to achieve what you want?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    How do I do that - what do I need to look for? I currently have and Xtrend ET7100 and a Zgemma H9 Combo, each of which has a single T2 tuner.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    They're not easy to find, WoS don't have any suitable for your boxes.

If you do find one, you need to be sure there is ViX driver support for that particular model.

You really need someone to confirm a working T2 usb tuner.

The best I can come up with is....

Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    These work on E2 boxes but they're not cheap
    I use a SundTek, but can't find any.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    There are lots of USB tuners available. As above, ask people who have the same box as you to confirm which one they are using to ensure compatibilty. For example, the recent Gigablue receivers are rubbish and do not work with USB tuners.

I use an August DVB-T tuner for my Technomates and works fine as well as on LX3 and MB Micro. The Vu's do not work with it. The Xbox one tuners work with the Vu 4K receivers.

The sundtek tuner works with almost all receivers. See this post, they are not cheap
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...l=1#post492927

Also, you are better off using the newer receiver as the main one with most Terrestrial tuners and feed off it with the other receiver/devices.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

ccs (18-08-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The Sundtek distributor link namatek.com.tw doesn't seem to work (at the moment).

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,656 Times in 1,305 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    We'll, some DVB-T2 tuners come with two front-ends (a DVB-T and a DVB-T2 one) with only one actual tuner (all allowed for in the Linux DVB spec)), but when I tried to add the code to choose the DVB-T2 one by preference it was rejected, as it made the code different to OpenPLi.
    MiracleBox Prem Twin HD - 2@DVB-T2 + Xtrend et8000 - 5(incl. 2 different USBs)@DVB-T2[terrestrial - UK Freeview HD, Sandy Heath] - LAN/USB-stick/HDD

BrianTheTechieSnail

Smile

I've just got an Xbox USB Tuner working on my Zgemma H7S.
    It supports DVB-C/T/T2.
    It was easy.
    Just install the dvb-usb-dib0700 driver from the feeds, plug it in, reboot, enable and configure it.

I can't guarantee it'll work on every other box where that driver is available -- some may have Linux kernels that are too old or something.
    But I think there's a very good chance it'll work on any current Zgemma box.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Even a cheap £5 RTL-SDR dongle will work as a USB tuner and the drivers are in the feeds too. Not the best (they do get hot) but will work if on a budget
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    But Xbox USB Tuners can be had for even less than RTL dongles at the moment.
    e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/353169576577
    Plus it comes with a USB lead so you don't need to get a short USB extension lead or have the dongle sticking awkwardly out of the back of the box.
    Last edited by BrianTheTechieSnail; 26-08-20 at 15:11.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BrianTheTechieSnail For This Useful Post:

ronand (26-08-20)

Title
    Thanks
    I hope forum rules are not broken by this post. If so, please delete. I have one Vu+ Duo2 receiver with one satellite tuner and one dual DVB-T2 tuner both installed, so you can watch a terrestrial channel and record another on a different DVB-T2 frequency. 1TB drive is also installed. This box is in very good condition, perfectly working, and it includes its original external box. Please let me know if you are interesting. Again, I do not want to break forum rules. Thanks.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    VU+ Uno 4K SE T2 not available from WoS, and dual T2 tuners for the VU+ Ultimo 4K are currently unavailable, but could be back soon.
    Back on pre-order.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechieSnail View Post
    I think they may not do them any more
    I've spent time looking for anyone selling Sundtek USB DVB-T products on the web and can't find any.
    The tuners are still active and available.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast