Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: VIX 53039 on h7c freeview only. Which epg?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Hazza View Post
    Hi GOP. What is your tuner setup for both tuners please?
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hi, Andy.
    Tuner A satellite disabled.
    Tuner B and C T2 FTA set to Sandy Heath.

If I create a timer in bbc2 HD, and I have bbc2 SD further down my channel list,
    will 2 timers be set up, therefore taking both tuners, leaving none for timeshift?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodolpeter View Post
    Hi, Andy.
    Tuner A satellite disabled.
    Tuner B and C T2 FTA set to Sandy Heath.
    In which section are you setting Sandy Heath?

In the section where you set up the T2 tuners its better to use the generic DVB Europe/UK setting

Then use ABM for Freeview and this is where you select Sandt Heath.
    ABM is likely to be up-to-date whereas some of the UK regional transmitter settings in the tuner setup setion and likely to be somewhat legacy in nature.

If I create a timer in bbc2 HD, and I have bbc2 SD further down my channel list,
    will 2 timers be set up, therefore taking both tuners, leaving none for timeshift?
    The recordings need to be simultaneous.

Select BBC1 HD and press the record button on the remote to record what you are watching.
    Now select BBC1 SD. If you can watch it you have one tuner allocated to BBC1 HD recording and the other allocated to watching BBC1 SD.

Timeshift uses the same tuner as the program you are watching. If recording two programs on two different MUXs using both tuners you still have the ability to watch any of the other TV channels/ programs carried on those two MUXs AND still record at least 8 (and possibly many more) of those programs. If you are watching any of those programs on those two MUXs then timeshift is just is a hidden recording function not requiring another tuner. You can still have timeshift on any of those TV channels you are watching on those two MUXs.

You can even record a program and watch it at the same time in timeshift mode.

If using both tuners for recording 2 MUXs you cannot watch any of the TV channels on the other 4 MUXs. Timeshift records what you are watching so if you cannot watch the channel because you have no free tuners you cannot have timeshift on something you cannot watch.

This is fundamentally no different to the Topfield from which I believe you have migrated from, except that the Toppy had limited recoding capability compared to your new box running OpenVix. The Toppy still managed timeshift with only two tuners.

You need one tuner for each different MUX you are tuned into. The list of TV channels carried on each MUX (Multiplex) is shown at

Code:
    https://ukfree.tv/transmitters/multiplexes
    Last edited by adm; 13-08-20 at 22:18.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (13-08-20),Goodolpeter (14-08-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12