Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Types of EPGs - OpenVix

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Types of EPGs - OpenVix

Please confirm that CrossEPG, EPGRefresh, EPG-Importer and OpenTV are all EPGs??
    I am trying to use a long press on Guide to activate the CrossEPG downloader.
    At the moment it seems to be pre programmed to do something with EPG Refresh - EPG-Refresh_Refresh now comes up. Doesn't seem to do anything??
    So, can I delete that safely and have the CrossEPG Downloader??

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    CrossEPG, EPG Refresh & EPG importer are plugins for getting the EPG data. OpenTV is a data provider (one of many). The EPG is the program guide itself. The method of getting the data is entirely up to yourself. CrossEPG is generally used for 28.2E but is being replaced by EPGrefresh which can also be used for terrestrial/cable services as well as 28.2E. EPG importer is usually used for other satellites. EPG Refresh (or any of the other epg downloaders) wont do anything unless you configure them.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (04-08-20),Valiant (05-08-20)

BrianTheTechieSnail
    As I understand it:

CrossEPG, EPGRefresh & EPG-Importer are all plug-ins that allow you to fetch EPG data in various ways.
    EPGRefresh and EPG-Importer are installed in OpenVIX by default, CrossEPG can be downloaded and installed from the plugins menu.
    They need to be configured correctly before you can use them.
    You probably only need to use one of them.

OpenTV is an EPG transmitted by BSkyB (and maybe others that have copied the idea??) it covers all the BSkyB TV channels but, as far as I can see, no Radio channels.

One way to get the BSkyB OpenTV EPG is to configure EPGRefresh to do it.
    For instance I configure EPGRefresh to tune to IEPG Data 1 (BSkyB channel 994) on 11778V for a few minutes every night (minimum 2 minutes, I use 5 minutes (300 seconds)).
    You also have to make sure OpenTV is enabled in Menu / Setup / EPG / Settings.
    I find it's best to set EPGRefresh to flush the EPG before refreshing.

There may be more necessary stuff I've forgotten to mention
    Hope that helps.
    Last edited by BrianTheTechieSnail; 04-08-20 at 20:44. Reason: typo

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks but the question was:
    I want to programme the buttons and use a long press on Guide for CrossEPG downloader.
    At the moment it seems to be pre programmed to do something with EPG Refresh - "EPG-Refresh_Refresh now" comes up. Doesn't seem to do anything?? I'm not using EPGRefresh - CrossEPG instead.
    So, can I delete that safely and have the CrossEPG Downloader??

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Well next time don't put a line of text above your question that seems to indicate you have no clue what these things are.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Change/Assign it in Button setup. CrossEPG Downloader is a plugin, so that will be where you will need to assign it.

That being said, you can automate CrossEPG downloader to run regularly. it is also under blue button as default

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post
    Well next time don't put a line of text above your question that seems to indicate you have no clue what these things are.
    Or read ALL the text slowly out loud to yourself. Instead of reading just the first line and replying. ����

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Fine. I'm never going to try to help you again. I read what you wrote and answered every part of it I knew the answer to. You don't get to tell me I can't read.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrianTheTechieSnail For This Useful Post:

bmitie (05-08-20),BobbyC (08-08-20),ronand (05-08-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechieSnail View Post
    As I understand it:

CrossEPG, EPGRefresh & EPG-Importer are all plug-ins that allow you to fetch EPG data in various ways.
    EPGRefresh and EPG-Importer are installed in OpenVIX by default, CrossEPG can be downloaded and installed from the plugins menu.
    They need to be configured correctly before you can use them.
    You probably only need to use one of them.

OpenTV is an EPG transmitted by BSkyB (and maybe others that have copied the idea??) it covers all the BSkyB TV channels but, as far as I can see, no Radio channels.

One way to get the BSkyB OpenTV EPG is to configure EPGRefresh to do it.
    For instance I configure EPGRefresh to tune to IEPG Data 1 (BSkyB channel 994) on 11778V for a few minutes every night (minimum 2 minutes, I use 5 minutes (300 seconds)).
    You also have to make sure OpenTV is enabled in Menu / Setup / EPG / Settings.
    I find it's best to set EPGRefresh to flush the EPG before refreshing.

There may be more necessary stuff I've forgotten to mention
    Hope that helps.
    Just to let you know this post was helpful to me. I'm trying to get some channels that are on sky epg but not on freesat.