Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Harmony Hub Remote sensitivety

Title
    Thanks

Harmony Hub Remote sensitivety

Hi folks,

Using Harmony remote hub and the remote is a little jumpy. I've messed with upping inter key delay and its a little better but still not as smooth as id like. I think on the duo i had before i put a bit of black tape in front of the IR sensor as they are too sensitive or something? Anyone else have issues/solved using harmony remote with vu?

Cheers,
    Mick

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Mine (2 types) work fine on a vu, default settings for the timing bits, but I don't have a hub.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    my 5 hubs are working also without problems. I cannot compalin about default settings. What was your problem for your experiments with inter key delay?

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    hi - issue is over sending commands i think. so when i click into a menu.. sometimes two commands are sent.. so it will have selected a sub menu item before i have a chance to select another.. if scrolling through lists if i hold down the up/down arrows it sometimes won't stop where i expect.. usually over jumping the target. its not terrible. in settings i have inter key delay at 100 ms. have tried variations of 200, 300 and doesnt make much difference

Title
    Thanks
    Think i might have sorted the issue by changing Command repeats setting - it was at 3, setting to 2 seems to have helped

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    What have you got button repeats set to, mine is 3 (the maximum) and works ok.