Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Missing channels

Title
    Thanks

Missing channels

Dear all,

On a vu duo 2. Abm set for SD westcountry custom. I then change in the provider file sat 282 sky I change the #Remove encrypted services from certain transport streams to false. This allows me to have all the FTA and hd channels in the correct plays and the use a custom mix to insert as stream in to the encrypted channel slots.

My issues is that the abm scan is not placing 3 channels 302, 303and 311, if I scan with westcountry hd they appear but not with the custom. What am I missing. Any help appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    If you want a HD lineup, why are you using and SD lineup? Also, if you don't want to exclude channels, don't use a custom mode, you are not meant to edit the file to disable the option.

You can select the following:

Westcountry HD
    Westcountry HD custom
    Westcountry SD
    Westcountry SD custom

Pressing the video button will show you an easier to see list.

Title
    Thanks
    The Sd custom option replaces the non working hd channels with either sd version but leaves the working hd ones in place ie itv 2hd stays dave has the Sd version. The only issue I have is the 3 missing channels in the 300 section. These are found on the none custom scan.

I can do what I want on the none custom scan but means I would have to move a lots of channels with the custom mix file.

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry, I cant fully comprehend the first statement of yours. Can you rephrase? Only thing SD custom does is that it inserts the Irish version. rest of numbers are official numbers.

HD custom or SD custom do the same thing with regards to the hardware paired/blacklisted transponders. People normally use an SD lineup, depend on swap and insert/mix a target HD number. It does not work because you are missing a conditional item. You are probably better off using the HD custom list, having delete lines in your mix file, then adding your IPTV inserts

Edit:
    A lot of people do not know we have the HD custom mode

Title
    Thanks
    Many thanks. With the HD list I need to change a lot of the channels around to get a full working list. I will have to do that. I just cant get why only 3 channels would be missing from the 300s if it was a setting isuues then all the 300s would be missing.

Title
    Thanks
    I did not say HD list, I said HD custom list.

Without seeing your debug log and your mix file, it is not going to be easy. Maybe a slight error in your file.

Title
    Thanks
    Here are the 4 channell lists for you to compare.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sky have funky numbers for movie channels have a look at the sky tv guide https://www.sky.com/tv-guide/20200719/4097-6/ 302, 303, 311 are hd channels but if using custom regions they may not be added as they will probably need adding to the whitelist.

Best using HD or SD regions then add hacks in CustomMix for available Irish working channels
    Last edited by dsayers; 19-07-20 at 21:06.

Title
    Thanks
    Sky don't need to worry about HD channel numbers on an SD line up. An SD box cant handle HD channels, so those channels can be dumped anywhere. A person with an SD Sky box will never see them.

Custom region just means with custom hacks. You can apply that to SD or HD lineups. You have HD custom ( HD line up with hacks) or SD custom (SD line up with hacks).

The bit of the file that is removing the hardware paired channels is this:

Code:
    # Remove encrypted services from certain transport streams
    if custom and service["service_type"] != 2 and service["transport_stream_id"] in broken_TSIDS and service["free_ca"] != 0:
        while service["number"] in LCNs_in_use:
            LCNs_in_use.remove(service["number"])
        skip = True
    So whether you use us SD custom or HD custom, you are telling ABM to skip those channels.
    Last edited by abu baniaz; 19-07-20 at 21:06. Reason: remove unclear comment

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I know but when using custom region SD or HD the HD channels are removed unless added to the whitelist.

That's why he probably isn't seeing 302, 303, 311 as they are HD the SD versions will be in the secondary bouquet (regardless of channel swap).

Both SD/HD regions show the rest in the 300 bouquet as SD just those 3 channels show as HD.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    I know but when using custom region SD or HD the HD channels are removed unless added to the whitelist.

That's why he probably isn't seeing 302, 303, 311 as they are HD the SD versions will be in the secondary bouquet (regardless of channel swap).

Both SD/HD regions show the rest in the 300 bouquet as SD just those 3 channels show as HD.
    The way you are commenting is as if SD custom is different to HD custom, they both do the same thing with regards to removal of channels. The preface of the OP s wrong. he is saying it is missing channels, but in reality, he is telling ABM to skip them. They are not missing, they are being removed because of his selection.

HD lineup without custom hacks does not remove channels.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

dsayers (19-07-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sorry no I wasn't saying SD/HD Custom is different I was just trying to explain to him that his missing channels are HD and custom region removes them. I was just explaining the same you to use HD or SD regions. Sorry for the confusion.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (19-07-20)

Title
    Thanks
    I tried to have Custom mode option added for Sky providers, instead of duplicating the regions and changing the names, I wasn't successful.

Anyway, just for reference see below. Those three channels are not available in SD lineup by looks of it and users are told to get a HD box.

HD custom creates the following:
    I have not copied the secondary bouquet contents
    Code:
            <configuration lcn="272" channelnumber="272" description="DMAX+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="277" channelnumber="277" description="Disc.History+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="278" channelnumber="278" description="HomeHealth+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="314" channelnumber="314" description="Film4+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="315" channelnumber="315" description="TCM Movies"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="316" channelnumber="316" description="TCM Movies+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="317" channelnumber="317" description="horror channel"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="318" channelnumber="318" description="horror ch+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="319" channelnumber="319" description="Sony Classic"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="320" channelnumber="320" description="Sony Classic+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="321" channelnumber="321" description="Sony Movies"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="322" channelnumber="322" description="Sony Movies+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="323" channelnumber="323" description="Sony Action"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="324" channelnumber="324" description="Sony Action+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="328" channelnumber="328" description="TalkingPictures"></configuration>

SD Custom creates
    Code:
            <configuration lcn="272" channelnumber="272" description="DMAX+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="277" channelnumber="277" description="Disc.History+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="278" channelnumber="278" description="HomeHealth+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="313" channelnumber="313" description="Film4"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="314" channelnumber="314" description="Film4+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="315" channelnumber="315" description="TCM Movies"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="316" channelnumber="316" description="TCM Movies+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="317" channelnumber="317" description="horror channel"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="318" channelnumber="318" description="horror ch+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="319" channelnumber="319" description="Sony Classic"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="320" channelnumber="320" description="Sony Classic+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="321" channelnumber="321" description="Sony Movies"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="322" channelnumber="322" description="Sony Movies+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="323" channelnumber="323" description="Sony Action"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="324" channelnumber="324" description="Sony Action+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="328" channelnumber="328" description="TalkingPictures"></configuration>
    HD Creates
    Code:
            <configuration lcn="301" channelnumber="301" description="Sky Premiere"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="302" channelnumber="302" description="BlockbustersHD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="303" channelnumber="303" description="Sky Hits HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="304" channelnumber="304" description="Sky Greats"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="305" channelnumber="305" description="Sky Disney"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="306" channelnumber="306" description="Sky Family"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="307" channelnumber="307" description="Sky Action"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="308" channelnumber="308" description="Sky Comedy Cinema"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="309" channelnumber="309" description="Sky Thriller"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="310" channelnumber="310" description="Sky Drama"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="311" channelnumber="311" description="Sky ScFi/HorHD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="312" channelnumber="312" description="Sky Prem+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="313" channelnumber="313" description="Film4 HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="325" channelnumber="325" description="Movies 24"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="326" channelnumber="326" description="Movies 24+"></configuration>

SD Creates
    Code:
            <configuration lcn="301" channelnumber="301" description="Sky Premiere"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="302" channelnumber="302" description="BlockbustersHD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="303" channelnumber="303" description="Sky Hits HD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="304" channelnumber="304" description="Sky Greats"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="305" channelnumber="305" description="Sky Disney"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="306" channelnumber="306" description="Sky Family"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="307" channelnumber="307" description="Sky Action"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="308" channelnumber="308" description="Sky Comedy Cinema"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="309" channelnumber="309" description="Sky Thriller"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="310" channelnumber="310" description="Sky Drama"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="311" channelnumber="311" description="Sky ScFi/HorHD"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="312" channelnumber="312" description="Sky Prem+1"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="313" channelnumber="313" description="Film4"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="325" channelnumber="325" description="Movies 24"></configuration>
            <configuration lcn="326" channelnumber="326" description="Movies 24+"></configuration>