Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Strange behaviou from since I purchased it ...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

Strange behaviou from since I purchased it ...

Hi
    To resume briefly if I can - since the beginning from my relatives words and ONLY happens on Gigablue, not my old Humax:

1. no picture/sound, then intermittent then OK within first 30 minutes
    By asking questions I gathered it was due to NON HDMI output!
    CABLES are OK - I do know that - I am a technician - tested.
    1b. that seemed strangely solved itself, but sporadically intermittent picture + sound - I am now wondering if due to temperature, not too high really - it has good ventilation now and usually not going over 62°C - initially was 59°C - so I guess that is NORMAL temperature.

3. sometimes on LNB B ONLY - no signal = NOT TRUE - signal is ~ 92% - I know that because it failed to record [initially] when I 'tested' recording ONLY on LNB B - it said did not record, no signal or similar warning!
    Tested cables and they are OK - I do know how to make a connection, I used to work as a Radio Communication Technician years ago, and done hundreds of connector much more difficult to fit that a simple F connector!
    Cable have NOT been pulled etc. - I used to also 'personally - hands-on' supervise people laying cables to avoid just that - damaging cables used for Airport Communications - Km of them.

4. Sometimes I noticed a self-reboot - last night as well while recording and I was doing NOTHING on it, just checking recordings list, then I did some work on Grog ... AFTER - trying to make it work!
    It is becoming a bother now.

5. THIS morning, was told there was no audio - tried all they could and the person trying KNOWS what to do.

I think with this system, the less poop is in it - the better!

Will also uninstall ALL plug-ins I do not use and ONLY install when needed and keep doing backups when all seems OK.

Just asking if anybody had similar problems with this receiver - which I do like.

Thanks

PS came flashed from WOS, I re-flashed ONCE with NO restore to restart everything and seemed to go better ...
    Last edited by Mundosat; 18-07-20 at 10:45.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Got home to find Receiver would not switch HDMI on TV.
    Manually switched TV and receiver after 2 attempts came on ... STILL with NO audio!

Re-booted GUI = no change
    Re-booted System = back to normal

This is not the first time and I do not understand - it did happen for the first day once in a while - the HDMI not switching or NO signal coming out!!

Is it Hardware or Software problem?

My plums are enlarging by the minute!
    Last edited by Mundosat; 18-07-20 at 14:46.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Maybe it's your "old" tv, switch off hdmi-cec on both boxes and stick to the "manual" approach.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (18-07-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    What kind of LNB setup have you got? please describe what is attached to both tuners and associated tuner configuration.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    Maybe it's your "old" tv, switch off hdmi-cec on both boxes and stick to the "manual" approach.
    Exactly my thought, that is what I mentioned to my daughter, the older item is the TV and Humax too , is old therefore they talk to each other better.

I agree!

with
    preposition: with, of, from, in, out of, for, at, by, off, through, down, about, along, in the way of
    conjunction: and
    Last edited by Mundosat; 18-07-20 at 16:40.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It is an 8 outputs LNB - 5 used at present another will come when I add a 3rd tuner on Gigablue ... possibly ...

I have to say, the LNB thing did not happen any more!

Twin coax for both Humax and Gigablue - also swapped, but it did happen a second time, not any more at present!

LNB [new] is a MacLean TV System Universal MCTV-630 0.1dB [low noise] - 10.70 - 12.75 GHz - 950-2150 MHz - L.O. 9.75/10.60

It was purchased quite a few years ago and never used until now - I had a 4 output - and used this 8 to added Gigablue 2 connections from the 3 I had etc. making 5

Title
    Thanks

Strange behaviou from since I purchased it .

Measure the voltage output from Tuner when you next get problem. Also double check if it is using A, B or the leaf tuners (C-H) when problem arises.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (26-07-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    It seems OK at present, but I noticed one by chance when I switched Gigablue on when still on Humax - there was for about 1 second No signal warning and the usual pixelating - so, it 'might' be related to voltage or LNB is rubbish!

Can anyone suggest a BETTER 8 outputs one?

When I get the time - rarely ! - I will check LNB tuning with a Satellite Finder - to check if it is properly set.

I remember from years ago, sometimes you get a 90% Signal 85% quality, but the LNb/Dish is at the edge of the Satellites loop and when you add more outputs it drops signal [obviously].

I also have to say that in this house [10 years ago] I had to lay a thinner twin coaxial and THAT might help in this problem, although it is only about 15-18m if I recall well.

It could be a combination of problems.
    I guess first is to fix Satellite dish/lnb - I might just do it now.

Got some time! mmm, unless grad-son wakes up!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Managed to get to dish.

I increased signal a bit and on Humax now get Signal: 100% and Quality: 94%
    On Gigablue I get Signal 94-96 oscillating and Quality 92%

When I switch from LNB A to B I get signal coming up and a sudden off-on again
    If I do the opposite is fine.

This is exactly what happened from the beginning, bear in mind that at some point I did swap Humax cable [used in the last 10 years fine] with Gigablue.

I therefore conclude it is the Gigablue Modulator in my view the problem - it has always been LNB B swapping A to B cables and finally swapping Humax twin coax with gigablue.
    Same results.

Pretty strange.

After i re-tuned LNB [today] I tried to stay on Humax with Gigablue off, then switched Gigablue on and the 1s no signal does not appear any more while on Humax - possibly the raise up helped.

Then went on Gigablue and while watching Cbeebies [always on that channel at present!] I saw for 3-4 times pixelating - exactly as it was described by my daughter - usually happens within the first 30 minutes!

In my view it is a Gigablue box problem, but what can you do when it is 'always' uncertain!

I am fine with it as it is, but Gigablue DOES have a problem.

Note: I initially had LNB B set for recordings and lost a few while testing receiver and learning OpenVix settings/etc. - that is why I noticed the problem, then my daughter telling me of the first 30 minutes Pixelating and also had intermittent no HDMI signal [the no signal probably and simply was just the OLD Samsung TV - I then disable HDMI cec - end of that problem, it seems].
    Last edited by Mundosat; 26-07-20 at 11:42.

Title
    Thanks
    Some LNBs have a strange error when controlled by two devices. But you have people say it was fine before.

There are new drivers for the GigaBlue, they have fixed the voltage switching off when A/B not in use for unicable. Hopefully it will be better for you too.