Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ax61 any good?

Title
    Thanks

Ax61 any good?

I'm considering selling my vu duo2 and replacing with this receiver. What's people's thoughts on this box? Does it run well? Any bugs? I'm ultimately looking to use two sat tuners as well as IPTV sub and need to be able to record. Looks good value for the money but does it perform ok and achieve what I need?

Any comments would be appreciated thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    This is a mega mega satellite receiver. I’ve had many boxes and this is my fave of them all. Very fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

bmitie (01-08-20)

Title
    Thanks
    I agree with Andy its my Fave box too, Fast, looks great, and good quality!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks guys. That's what I was hoping to hear. Is it ok for recording IPTV streams? I know zgemma h9 boxes had an issue which prevented it and don't wanna end up with same issue

Title
    Thanks
    Thinking of upgrading, what is the pic quality in HD like?

Title
    Thanks
    Superb box, very fast and great picture quality.

Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

bmitie (02-08-20)

Title
    Thanks
    I have this box for a while now and its not living up to the hype for me. I have it with mutiboot and its iffy with cams, it deletes DTT channels but retains the epg, it removes bouquets. I use it with a motorised dish and a sony play TV usb tuner. I am getting the same problems with Openatv, Openvix, Pure2 and at the moment the best one is HDF, it deleled favoutites overnight including the DTT Saorview channels but I found then under providers with HDF image. Its no good for recording DTT channels if it deletes them when left in standby.

I have an SSD in it as well.

The 2 best aspects are pic quality and speed.

Can you say what use image ye are using and if you are using any usb sockets for HDD or Freeview/Saorview.

Apparently the faults I have found are not covered by guarantee.

Any suggestions that may help me overcome these glitches are most welcome.

I know its an ARM chip. I have duo2, solo2, uno. xtrend, octagon, zgemma h2s

ps I would not recommend it as of now.
    Last edited by bmitie; 19-10-20 at 13:35.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmitie View Post
    I have this box for a while now and its not living up to the hype for me. I have it with mutiboot and its iffy with cams, it deletes DTT channels but retains the epg, it removes bouquets. I use it with a motorised dish and a sony play TV usb tuner. I am getting the same problems with Openatv, Openvix, Pure2 and at the moment the best one is HDF, it deleled favoutites overnight including the DTT Saorview channels but I found then under providers with HDF image. Its no good for recording DTT channels if it deletes them when left in standby.

I have an SSD in it as well.

The 2 best aspects are pic quality and speed.

Can you say what use image ye are using and if you are using any usb sockets for HDD or Freeview/Saorview.

Apparently the faults I have found are not covered by guarantee.

Any suggestions that may help me overcome these glitches are most welcome.
    Sorry but the box doesn‘t delete bouquets and neither does the base image - it sounds more likely to me that you are running something that is running every day that is monitoring or updating your bouquets e.g. if you have non ABM bouquets then it is possible (if my memory is correct?) for a daily ABM update to delete them, if not set up correctly.
    So what are you using to generate your bouquets and is any thing run to keep them updated??
    Last edited by twol; 19-10-20 at 13:30.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    I can see you are a mod. The deleting of the bouquet is only one of the faults and I did say I have 6 other boxes that don't have these faults.

These are the faults, there may be others but it wont matter now as I wont be using box. I have gone back to dup2 and for the last three hours it has run without a glitch using the very same software.

1. cccam glitches. Its an ARM CCAM. 2. It deletes the DTT channels when put in standby, with VIX it retains the epg of those channels, with PURE 2 it greys them out, with openatv it just deletes them, with hdf it retains them under provider but will delete the SAORVIEW bouquet. To get channels back for the first 3 images requires a hard reboot.

The simple fact is the box is faulty but WOS dont want to know. I raised a ticket and this is the reply I got.

"This was a bonus with your other receivers using 3rd party software."

I have gone back and lsited the rest of the known faults but I don't hold out much hope.

Just to recap I have 6 other boxes and none of them has these faults.

Title
    Thanks
    You are best using Oscam, its made for ARM receivers unlike the Ccam and Mgcamd.

I also have the AX HD61 and its rock solid for me also.

Maybe you need to start again and start from scratch with a new ViX image and setup without any settings and plugin restores.

What 3rd party plugins are you using?

Tell us how you are creating your Bouquets so we can see where you are going wrong.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

bmitie (19-10-20)

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    Why is the box faulty? You are trying to use a 3rd party USB tuner that not all receivers work with. Just because your USB tuner worked with your previous Broadcom based receivers DOES NOT mean its compatible with a Hisilicon based receiver. Even some broadcom based receivers don't run well with many USB tuners! You should not take for granted that it would be compatible!

CCcam is not even developed anymore, switch to OScam.
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    andy I have given up on it and gone back to DUO2. The whole set up was very basic, openvix with vix blue, cccam and oscam, crossepg, epg refresh, weather, a fixed dish on A and motorised on B. The most obvious fault was on the DTT tuner, I don't have anything updating daily like Auotbouquets. It was iffy on oscam as well.

What I might do is start again at a later date, I have reported it to AX manufacturer as WOS were a waste of time.

It has lots of glitches, I set it up in a unit on Friday so only used it Fri Sat Sun. Friday night it should have recorded a prog on DTT but it deleted the channels so nothing, that's when I noticed the glitches. The box would report a fault but restore itself ie not reboot, apparently it will do this 3 times and then reboot.

HDF seems to be the most suitable image.

Can I just do a factory reset and use one image and forget about multi boot? And just have it as a FREE TO AIR and give it to someone.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,044 Times in 7,633 Posts
    andy I have given up on it and gone back to DUO2. The whole set up was very basic, openvix with vix blue, cccam and oscam, crossepg, epg refresh, weather, a fixed dish on A and motorised on B. The most obvious fault was on the DTT tuner, I don't have anything updating daily like Auotbouquets. It was iffy on oscam as well.

What I might do is start again at a later date, I have reported it to AX manufacturer as WOS were a waste of time.
    So becuase your 3rd party USB tuner is not compatible or the Hisilicon dirvers do not fully support USB tuners you blame the receiver and WOS?
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Follow us on Twitter 0penViX
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts

It has lots of glitches, I set it up in a unit on Friday so only used it Fri Sat Sun. Friday night it should have recorded a prog on DTT but it deleted the channels so nothing, that's when I noticed the glitches. The box would report a fault but restore itself ie not reboot, apparently it will do this 3 times and then reboot.

HDF seems to be the most suitable image.

Can I just do a factory reset and use one image and forget about multi boot? And just have it as a FREE TO AIR and give it to someone.
    "The box would report a fault but restore itself ie not reboot, apparently it will do this 3 times and then reboot. "
    So did you get a crash log or what - really you need to follow up on things - rather than blame everything else for your issues

Multiboot is integral to the box - but Yes you can install just one image if thats what you want
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

18. The Following User Says Thank You to twol For This Useful Post:

bmitie (20-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Picture quality wise how does the Ax HD61 compare to the Ax HD51 .
    Both are Arm but the Ax61 uses Hisilicon whereas the HD51 is Broadcom .
    Is the Ax61 as good at rendering Standard definition and HD ?
    Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast