Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: openvpn

Title
    Thanks
    Just need a little more help please guys. I have setup the vpn manager on my mates duo2 ( running latest vix image) his isp is vm. As dsayers suggested I have changed the dns to nord within the vpn manager plugin. I have the default dns set as the same as vpn dns 1 and vpn dns 2 is the second nord dns server ip. Is this correct or do I have to change anything within the network settings on the duo itself?
    My mate has just contacted me to say that the vpn has stopped working and he cannot connect to any nord server now.

dsayers: any chance you could do a screen shot of ur settings please to compare...... obviously minus any sensitive data.

Cheers guys

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I set Google dns via network menu, configure network. If it was working before possibly an issue with the vpn server. Have they tried different countries?

Title
    Thanks
    Hi mate,
    Yes tried different servers n no connection.

So just to be clear..... set the google or nord dns servers on the box, In network settings and also on the vpn manager plugin, in the menu option?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eattheliving View Post
    Hi mate,
    Yes tried different servers n no connection.

So just to be clear..... set the google or nord dns servers on the box, In network settings and also on the vpn manager plugin, in the menu option?
    Yes to both I just use Google DNS in network settings via Netowk wizard and set Use DHCP to no then change Nameservers from there.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

eattheliving (19-07-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dsayers View Post
    Yes to both I just use Google DNS in network settings via Netowk wizard and set Use DHCP to no then change Nameservers from there.
    Thanks mate. Will post back when done

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12