Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Expired Sky Card? FTV?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Willo3092 View Post
    I watch Yesterday a lot so being able to get the +1 is a real bonus for me.
    I've only just realised that @abu baniaz had posted oscam config files
    If I read things properly I could have saved myself some effort there!
    Two heads better than one! I added for both card reader slots though.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

BrianTheTechieSnail
    It was interesting to see two different sets of oscam files, though I did use Abu's set. Well he was first after all.

Yes Yesterday+1 is probably the ace in the pack.
    Lately I'm quite into their "Abandoned Engineering" series.
    I occasionally watch some of the reruns of old stuff on 4Music and it's nice to have that at the higher bit rate and resolution on satellite compared to Freeview.
    London Live isn't a bad channel either. I could probably get it on Freeview if I had my own aerial and didn't have to use the filtered feed provided by the landlord.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Drat. I've found a problem. Setting the ABM Sky UK provider to "FTA Only"="no" means my autotimers sometimes set timers for channels that are neither FTA or FTV which then don't work!
    I had an autotimer to record a certain film the first time it was on any channel and it chose Film4 HD which it obviously won't be able to record.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Not sure what to do now

Has ABM (and more importantly whatever runs the code in the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file) got access to the list of channels that autotimers search through?
    If so can I delete the subscription channels from that list too in the elif part in the code in sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml ?
    Last edited by BrianTheTechieSnail; 14-07-20 at 21:57.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post
    Not sure what to do now
    Put all the channels you can record from into one or more bouquets of your own.

Then, limit autotimers just to look in those bouquets.

Each autotimer has a restrict to specific bouquets setting.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Are you getting the autotimers to search all channels? Thats madness. When creating an autotimer do it from the epg and set it just to scan that particular channel unless you have good reason to do otherwise.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Are you getting the autotimers to search all channels? Thats madness. When creating an autotimer do it from the epg and set it just to scan that particular channel unless you have good reason to do otherwise.
    And if I have no idea what channel will show it next?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianTheTechHead View Post
    And if I have no idea what channel will show it next?
    Do programmes really move around that much? EPG search will give you some clues.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    As I said it was a film. That autotimer has been set for several weeks now so, no I didn't know for sure which channel it might come up on next.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Autotimers are generally for recurring programs. Thats not to say you cant use it for what you are trying to do but sometimes a bit of human intervention is required. Youvcan limit the search to certain channels/bouquets to try and eliminate the possibility of film4 hd etc.

Sort out the bouquets first and you should manage it. You should be able to switch the sd for the hd channel. Personally I set up my bouquets manually with just the channels I want. Takes time but its worth it.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

BrianTheTechieSnail
    Quote Originally Posted by ronand View Post
    Autotimers are generally for recurring programs. Thats not to say you cant use it for what you are trying to do but sometimes a bit of human intervention is required. Youvcan limit the search to certain channels/bouquets to try and eliminate the possibility of film4 hd etc.

Sort out the bouquets first and you should manage it. You should be able to switch the sd for the hd channel. Personally I set up my bouquets manually with just the channels I want. Takes time but its worth it.
    If autotimers were just for recurring programs why make them search all channels when no channel or bouquet is specified?
    If autotimers are just the way to do recurring programs why do recurring ordinary timers exist?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I never said autotimers are JUST for recurring programs but GENERALLY.

A recurring "ordinary timer" is a completely different thing. Once it is set the times/channels cannot vary so unless it is something like the 6 o'clock news that doesn't change times it won't be very useful. The autotimer is a different beast and will search the epg on a prefined basis for the search parameters of your choosing. The more info/constraints you give it the better it performs. You have instructed it to search ALL CHANNELS for a particular movie. The fact that it returns with FILM 4 HD which you can't view is not a fault of the software - its operator error for not excluding that channel. To prevent that happening you need to set up bouquets of channels you can actually view and restrict the search to those channels. If you can't see the logic in that then I can't say any more to you.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    But before I added the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml and set the ABM Sky UK provider to "FTA Only"="no" it worked without any of that fuss.
    I don't think I'm stupid to try and look for a way to fix the adding of FTV channels so that it doesn't have annoying side effects.
    So please, I have enough ways of working round the annoying side effects now, lets only have suggestions for an actual fix from now on.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You've already had the fix, just setup the default action for autotimers to only search in bouquets with channels that you can actually view.
    Easy to setup your own favourites bouquet with a favourites.xml file.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Willo3092 For This Useful Post:

ronand (15-07-20)

BrianTheTechieSnail

Lightbulb

Okay, looking through lots of files on the OpenVIX github (and other related ones) has failed to give me enough understanding to devise a neater method.

To do this with bouquet(s) I don't think I need to make new bouquet(s).
    The Sky all channels bouquet already has the undecryptable (is that a word?) channels removed so I can use that.
    I'll also look in to removing unwanted channels (poor signal, adult content, whatever else) from that bouquet, and from the Freeview all channels bouquet.
    I think I can do that in the ABM CustomMix files too.
    There's a example removing Freeview channels here: https://www.world-of-satellite.com/...#post475139
    But it didn't work 100% right for me when implemented on satellite when HD swap was enabled.
    Last edited by BrianTheTechieSnail; 16-07-20 at 04:36.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast