Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Edision OS Mio Plus 4

Title
    Thanks

Thumbs down Edision OS Mio Plus 4

I bought a new box from WOS last week and cannot get it to work properly

My Set Up is:

I have a muti-LNB dish with LNBs on 5 west, 13, 19 and 28 east.
    Signal strength is not a problem – it varies between 70+% and 90+%.
    The LNBs and the Diseqc switch all work, because when I connect up to my Gigablue receiver I have perfect reception. I have also tested against my wife’s Tiviar box and again perfect reception on all 4 satellites.
    The only thing that has changed in the Edision. I can happily tune, store and use 2 satellites, but as soon as I try to add a 3rd I lose one of the existing stored satellites.
    I tried adding a fourth and lost the signal totally.
    I’ve tried changing the Diseqc from 1.0 to 1.1 and tried a second switch. No use. The same problem.
    Connect back to the Gigablue and there is no problem.

To my mind there is either a software issue or I’m exceeding the memory capacity- but that was supposed to be unlimited???????

Any thoughts? As of today I appear to have an expensive piece of limited technology. Lovely picture if you don't want any flexibility..

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    What are you using for storage? An external powered HDD or a USB Flash Drive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,888 Times in 2,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by campbellmcp View Post
    I bought a new box from WOS last week and cannot get it to work properly

My Set Up is:

I have a muti-LNB dish with LNBs on 5 west, 13, 19 and 28 east.
    Signal strength is not a problem – it varies between 70+% and 90+%.
    The LNBs and the Diseqc switch all work, because when I connect up to my Gigablue receiver I have perfect reception. I have also tested against my wife’s Tiviar box and again perfect reception on all 4 satellites.
    The only thing that has changed in the Edision. I can happily tune, store and use 2 satellites, but as soon as I try to add a 3rd I lose one of the existing stored satellites.
    I tried adding a fourth and lost the signal totally.
    I’ve tried changing the Diseqc from 1.0 to 1.1 and tried a second switch. No use. The same problem.
    Connect back to the Gigablue and there is no problem.

To my mind there is either a software issue or I’m exceeding the memory capacity- but that was supposed to be unlimited???????

Any thoughts? As of today I appear to have an expensive piece of limited technology. Lovely picture if you don't want any flexibility..
    1. post your tuner setup for the 4 sats.
    2. What do you mean exactly by tune, store? Have you setup the tuners and then done a tuner scan for each sat in sequence or what? ...be a little more specific. Its nothing to do with memory, may be a software glitch - but need some answers to above.
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> DUR-Line DCR 5-1-8-L4 Multiswitch to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Spaun SUS 5581/33 NFA Multiswitch to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using Legacy ports on multiswitches
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K