Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recordings Folder disappearance and various other problem noticed ...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Yes, I got that already - did not have time to check it out yet.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Anyway.
    I had to re-flash a second time and it reminds me of flashing an Android phone - sometimes you flash and you get NO problems coming up, until something does not work!

i.e. sometime flashing and all OK is in fact NOT all OK.

This second time I flashed, I managed to do everything within 1 hour and I firmly believe the 'Flashing' is the one that 'might' cause problems sometime - probably part of it is is corrupted while flashing but 'not' detected as corrupted until it is used.

I am back where I was, so I will setup recordings emulating my old Humax and see how it goes - also to get used to it.

My main steps still to do are:

1. I need to get head round 'properly' and swiftly set Auto-Recording 'series' without losing any episodes
    2. Probably use a second USB stick for Picons/Image recovery/storage
    3. See how I can create/delete folders on HDD to organise recordings as for what I see, OpenVix does not auto-create folders per each series of recording or repeating recording of same titled programme
    4. DONE - I have a small USB FAT formatted with OpenVix - in case of re-flashing
    5. I have an old HDD I keep 'some' of my family images and might use it to backup recordings - have to see how to do it from OpenVix GIU/Addons - then when I can afford it, I will get a second 2Tb HDD and clone 1st one - I wonder if possible to get a Linux based Cloning - like Clonezilla into OpenVix as main HDD is internal !

Is there a mini Windows or Linus Virtual environment install into internal HDD and run it as a PC GIU and manage HDDs/USB sticks etc. ?

A lot to learn, I am the kind of person that likes to setup everything to run as smoothly as possible and manage it all myself.

Then I will switch to use Gigablue as MAIN receiver and slowly watch what is recorded in the Humax, until is all are gone and then I will reformat it and re-flash it for secondary use.

The only problem I have with old Humax is that system is 'probably' corrupted.
    Re-flashing once or twice or even 'three times' might resolve situation.

I hope this thread helps others as it covers various subjects on he same receiver.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Flashing doesn't cause problems/corruptions, it's what you do (or not do) afterwards which will cause you issues if you get it wrong.

You can record series easily on ViX, I do it all the time. Try not to mimic the Humax, ViX will do everything you want (and more), but in a different way.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (10-07-20)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12