Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodi playback issue

Title
    Thanks
    Ha same here mate thought I was the only person in the world with the problem can’t see anyone else anywere on the Internet saying they’ve had the same problem it was driving me nuts. Good to know there is someone else out there knowin the frustration ha. Hopefully they can get it sorted soon must be a software issue

Title
    Thanks
    I’ve been using image 5.2.045 with kodi 17.6 and works a dream
    But latest image doesn’t like kodi at the moment and the last three updates haven’t sorted it too but happy with version 5.2.045

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikel62 View Post
    I’ve been using image 5.2.045 with kodi 17.6 and works a dream
    But latest image doesn’t like kodi at the moment and the last three updates haven’t sorted it too but happy with version 5.2.045
    and also found that kodi 18.7 is eating the ram memory, i have kodi installed on hdd
    streams play fine for around 5mins then start to stutter and then the box just locks up,before playing a stream within kodi the ram size is around 600mb but after 5mins of streaming the ram size goes down to 70mb and box just freezes and locks up so looks like a kodi issue in 18.7 as 17.6 works perfectly

my receiver is the zgemma h9 twin with 1gb of ram and 8gb of flash

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    tbh, Kodi isn’t really suited for e2 boxes. You are much better off using a dedicated media box for Kodi, a much better user experience imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

Joe_90 (17-08-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikel62 View Post
    and also found that kodi 18.7 is eating the ram memory, i have kodi installed on hdd
    streams play fine for around 5mins then start to stutter and then the box just locks up,before playing a stream within kodi the ram size is around 600mb but after 5mins of streaming the ram size goes down to 70mb and box just freezes and locks up so looks like a kodi issue in 18.7 as 17.6 works perfectly

my receiver is the zgemma h9 twin with 1gb of ram and 8gb of flash
    Just been doing a bit of testing and have exactly the same problem. I have gone back to an old version of VIX 5.2.025 which is running KODI 17.6. No problem there. Tried recent versions of VIX including 5.4.004 - same issue as you described. Plays OK for 5 mins but then locks up.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bazbailey View Post
    Just been doing a bit of testing and have exactly the same problem. I have gone back to an old version of VIX 5.2.025 which is running KODI 17.6. No problem there. Tried recent versions of VIX including 5.4.004 - same issue as you described. Plays OK for 5 mins but then locks up.
    I have almost same issue with all the latest bells and whistles, OpenVix 6.0.004(OE-Alliance 5.0) And Kodi 19.3
    I'm not able to start playing a move it sort of caches kodi or then it locks so not responsive anymore before power reset.
    Starting kodi and navigating menus and viewing what movies are on the HD works fine.
    But even to push the shutdown button on kodi to close the plugin locks up the receiver so that power reset is needed.

Kodi is a fantastic tool to view the movie posters and all looks more "professional" with that.
    Is there some other plugin that could show movie posters or IMDB information about recorded movies on the HD?

I'm using a Vu+ Uno4K

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Select a recorded movie in movielist, then menu gives you the imdb search option.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,115 Times in 879 Posts
    The IMDB search option even works from the EPG or the current programme you're watching live.

As regards Kodi on these sat boxes, it's very much a compromise whether you get a good experience. I use a dedicated media box (Odroid N2+) for Kodi and it's excellent. I've tried running Kodi on my mutanthd51 a couple of times but I have always found it unstable. Your mileage may differ
    GB Quad Plus, Mut@nt HD51, AX HD61, 80cm dish and Supreme Dark motor. Sony STR-DN 1060, Sony UHP-H1 Bluray, Odroid N2+ (CoreElec), Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 speakers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12