Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodi playback issue

Title
    Thanks

Kodi playback issue

Hello everyone I have all the latest software ect installed. I have kodi set up but every time I try to play a video from it it is just very laggy stuttering and won't play. Ive tried everything I possibly can. Does anyone know how to fix this please I would really appreciate the help thank you

Title
    Thanks
    Sorry was supposed to say I have the Mutant HD51 also please help thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Can anyone please help me I feel like the only person in the world with this problem. There is absolutely nothing mentioned of a fix for this anywere on the Internet I’ve tried everything an it’s really annoying me now. Guessing everyone here kodi is fine on there enigma2? Thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    If I remember correctly, there are two modes the receiver works in, one is good for PIP, other for Kodi. Have you tried both?

Title
    Thanks
    Hello Abu first of all thank you very much for the reply mate. I honestly have no idea what PIP means sorry if I’m being daft here ha. How do I change between modes. I’m honestly confused an fed up trying to solve this I’ve been trying my best for 2 weeks it’s unreal. I can play videos fine in e2iplayer and YouTube ect. But on kodi literally nothing will play at all my resolutions are all set to max 1080 ect thanks for the reply again mate I appreciate it a lot if you could help me further to get it sorted I’d be very grateful thanks

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    In the restart menus, it should offer you two options. It is a long time ago since I had an hd51, so you will have to excuse vague answer.

BTW, most downloaded video files should be playable using media player in enigma2, obviously depends on codec and drivers on box.

Title
    Thanks
    Hello Abu yes I’ve just tried the Pip mode also and it runs exactly the same 😤 Media player is that a plugin that I need to install? I can’t see it on my plugins list in extensions

Title
    Thanks
    I’m thinking it could have something to do with kodi trying to use my internal flash memory to run instead of my HD. I’m not sure if this is the case just thinking it could be an option is this possible thanks

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I only use Kodi to play local files and have no problems. Have you tried using a different media player?
    Installing serviceapp from system plugins will give you the option to use exteplayer or gstplayer.

Title
    Thanks
    Hello Willo thanks for the reply mate. Yes I’ve got serviceapp installed an I’ve tried using both exteplayer3 and gstplayer and both are just they exact same mate. I’ve checked my settings to make sure I have it set to 1080p ect an everything looks perfect in settings just can’t get anything to play at all thanks

Title
    Thanks

Kodi playback issue

Well it looks like I’ve figured the problem out. I did not know that 720p was the maximum quality allowed to be played though Kodi on enigma2. I was trying to play 1080 links which doesn’t look like is possible thanks for the reply and help anyway
    Last edited by Andy_Hazza; 08-07-20 at 14:48.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,434 Times in 1,137 Posts
    Hi,
    720p is imho only the GUI. Playback should be able to do more if the STB supports it.

Ralf
    ---
    Sat:VU+ Ultimo4K/Solo4K/Duo2/2*Solo2/Ultimo
    Remote: Harmony 200, 700, Link, Smart Control, Smart Companion, Elite, 2*Ultimate, Keyboard

Title
    Thanks
    i have the same issue, Ive never found a fix, 17.6 worked fine and so did the first release of 18 but around march it stopped playing 1080p and 720p 265 can be hit or miss.

Title
    Thanks
    Thank god it isn’t just me with this problem I honestly felt like they only person that’s ever experienced it. It’s crazy isn’t it Copex can’t think of any reason why the box won’t play 1080 like as it’s supported all the way to 4K. Must be a software error in kodi for enigma or something if it used to work on the older version. Yer noticed that a few 720s still don’t play good but 9 tiles out of 10 there good. Let me know if you ever find a fix mate hopefully the next release will have this sorted thanks

Title
    Thanks
    i put it down to lock down, the first release of 18 would stream 4k with out issue and 1080p work with out issue, i put it down to network congestion as i have never see any one posting about the issue i presumed it was juts me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast