Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Widget for displaying channel numbers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks

Widget for displaying channel numbers

This might be a stupid question but is there a widget for displaying the channel number in infobar and channelselection etc as i want to display this separately, cant seem to find it in other skins.

Title
    Thanks
    in standard skin just activate in menu.Now you can even show picon when switching channels by channel number
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Sorry just to clarify, I'm developing a skin and I'm looking for a widget to just display the channel number in the channel selection screen, I know you can get it on the list but this is not what I want

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    This is whats available for the infobar screen
    <widget source="session.CurrentService" render="ChannelNumber" borderWidth="2" position="260,880" size="150,75" backgroundColor="menubackground" transparent="1" zPosition="1" foregroundColor="#ffffff" font="Regular;40" valign="center" halign="left"/>
    just wondered if theres something similar in the over epg screens.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Can you use source="Service" same as is used for rendering the picon for the selected service?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    I tried that and nothing was displayed just a black box of color

Does the render="channelnumber" has something to do with it.

Just seems like this was missed out of enigma for some reason when we can have a picon on every epg screen but no channel number.
    Last edited by markus625; 06-07-20 at 20:38.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    we can use this to show the name and reference but not channel numbers <convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert> <convert type="name">Reference</convert>

<widget source="Service" render="Label" position="105,105" size="396,89" font="Regular;33" foregroundColor="white" backgroundColor="menubackground" valign="center" halign="right" zPosition="20" transparent="1">
    <convert type="ServiceName">Reference</convert>
    </widget>

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Are you selecting in a mode that has numbers? provider/satellite does not have numbers

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Not sure what you mean abu, all im saying is that you can use a widget in post 4 that shows the channel number in the infobar screen but as far as i know theres no mechanism to show it in the other screens unless its in a list etc,

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Enigma2 does not have numbering.

If you select the Channel 4 from the terrestrail/provider/all channel list, there will be no number. If you select it from a bouquet, there will be a number.

Following is from Pli full night HD for the infobar template

Code:
    <widget source="session.CurrentService" render="ChannelNumber" borderWidth="2" position="260,880" size="150,75" backgroundColor="secondBG" transparent="1" zPosition="1" foregroundColor="foreground" font="Regular;40" valign="center" halign="left"/>

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Enigma2 does not have numbering.

If you select the Channel 4 from the terrestrail/provider/all channel list, there will be no number. If you select it from a bouquet, there will be a number.

Following is from Pli full night HD for the infobar template

Code:
    <widget source="session.CurrentService" render="ChannelNumber" borderWidth="2" position="260,880" size="150,75" backgroundColor="secondBG" transparent="1" zPosition="1" foregroundColor="foreground" font="Regular;40" valign="center" halign="left"/>
    Yes I understand that and the code is the same widget in post 4, it works in the infobar to display the current selected channel, I won't work in the other epg screens where you scroll thru the channel list or guide.
    As far as I'm aware there's no converter for this.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You might need to experiment with ChannelNumber.py a bit. It seems to use a different criteria for when to fire the changed event. This is what most other places use:
    Code:
            if what[0] != self.CHANGED_SPECIFIC or what[1] in (iPlayableService.evStart,):
    Or you can try using ServiceName2, but this inserts a delay of 200ms before rendering channel numbers, which looks rubbish.
    Code:
            <widget source="Service" render="Label" position="120,63" size="100,60" font="infobar2;46" foregroundColor="maincolour" backgroundColor="menubackground" halign="left" valign="center" transparent="1" zPosition="2">
                <convert type="ServiceName2">Number</convert>
            </widget>