Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Boblight help

Title
    Thanks

Question Boblight help

I realise this is probably a niche question for support but hoping someone can help.

I'm installing boblight plugin because I have one of these https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=280039 on the back of my TV. I bought it ages ago and it used to work perfectly with OpenVIX and the "eingmalight" plugin by Speedy. That plugin seems to have disappeared so I'm trying to make boblight work, which, apparently it should.

Thing is, whenever I install this plugin, it seems to install fine and I can access the interface no problem, as of yet Ive not been successful in making my lightpack work, but the worrying problem is that if I reboot the box, it crashes at startup, just after the Smart linux TV logo is shown. No way to recover other than pop a USB in and flash from cold boot. Ive checked and the network doesn't come up either so I cant even login to see whats going on..

Ive also tried creating the boblight.conf in advance of installing the plugin and FTP'in it over, when it is installing I can see it say it has found it, but again I rebooted immediately, and the box hangs at boot.

Has anyone got boblight working properly on latest VIX? any tips on how I might get the engimalight plugin back?

Any help appreciated, thank you

Title
    Thanks
    ok im getting there, Ive now made the lights work (there is a but at the end)

Installed following and rebooted: opkg install kernel-module-cdc-acm kernel-module-ftdi-sio

I then installed boblight plugin and made the enigmalight.conf, then tried to run it manually via cmd line, got loads of errors.

Code:
    root@vuduo2:/etc# boblightd

Boblight Daemon - for enigma2 0.8r6 (c) 2012-2013 Speedy1985 and Oktay Oeztueter)
    (InitLog)                       start of log /home/root/.boblight/boblightd.log
    (PrintFlags)                    starting boblightd
    (CConfig::LoadConfigFromFile)   opening /etc/boblight.conf
    (CConfig::CheckConfig)          checking config lines
    (CConfig::CheckLightConfig)     ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf line 43 section [light]: name (2) must be 3 chars
    (CConfig::CheckLightConfig)     ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf line 51 section [light]: name (3) must be 3 chars
    (CConfig::CheckLightConfig)     ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf line 61 section [light]: name (top1) must be 3 chars
    (CConfig::CheckLightConfig)     ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf line 69 section [light]: name (top2) must be 3 chars
    (CConfig::CheckLightConfig)     ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf line 77 section [light]: name (top3) must be 3 chars
    (CConfig::CheckLightConfig)     ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf line 87 section [light]: name (left1) must be 3 chars
    (CConfig::CheckLightConfig)     ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf line 95 section [light]: name (left2) must be 3 chars
    (CConfig::CheckLightConfig)     ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf line 105 section [light]: name (end1) must be 3 chars
    (CConfig::CheckLightConfig)     ERROR: /etc/boblight.conf line 113 section [light]: name (end2) must be 3 chars
    Renamed lights to be 3 Characters

Code:
    root@vuduo2:/etc# boblightd

Boblight Daemon - for enigma2 0.8r6 (c) 2012-2013 Speedy1985 and Oktay Oeztueter)
    (InitLog)                       start of log /home/root/.boblight/boblightd.log
    (PrintFlags)                    starting boblightd
    (CConfig::LoadConfigFromFile)   opening /etc/boblight.conf
    (CConfig::CheckConfig)          checking config lines
    (CConfig::CheckConfig)          config lines valid
    (CConfig::BuildConfig)          building config
    (CConfig::BuildConfig)          built config successfully
    (main)                          Starting devices
    (CClientsHandler::Process)      opening listening socket on *:19333
    (CDevice::Process)              AmbiLight: starting
    (CDevice::Process)              AmbiLight: setting up
    (CDeviceLightpack::SetupDevice) AmbiLight: found Lightpack at bus 5 address 7, serial is 8543636313035131C070
    (CDeviceLightpack::SetupDevice) AmbiLight: Lightpack is initialized, bus 5 device address 7
    (CDevice::Process)              AmbiLight: setup succeeded
    (CClientsHandler::Process)      127.0.0.1:41603 connected
    (CClientsHandler::ParseMessage) 127.0.0.1:41603 said hello
    (CClientsHandler::ParseSet)     127.0.0.1:41603 priority set to 128
    (CClientsHandler::Process)      127.0.0.1:41603 Connection closed
    Wen't into the plugin and woohoo lights work! (hit yellow for restart, then green to turn lights on) but they were not synced correctly.

I then had to modify the H and V scans because the ones on that config file on the kodi forum link were just not right causing the sync issue. Once done, everything was perfect.

I then rebooted......and the box freezes again after the smart linux tv icon, just sits with "double you expectation" on the screen.

arrrrrrrg, really hope someone can help me figure out what is causing this freeze, getting so close!

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    Boblight was superceded by Enigmalight. That stopped working when we went to 4.3. The binary does not build properly using the source files. We were looking at it, but that went on the bacburner.

There is a thread on ATV where someone has repacked the ipk using the old binary. It works on mipsel receivers. I'll post link to it tonight.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Boblight was superceded by Enigmalight. That stopped working when we went to 4.3. The binary does not build properly using the source files. We were looking at it, but that went on the bacburner.

There is a thread on ATV where someone has repacked the ipk using the old binary. It works on mipsel receivers. I'll post link to it tonight.
    Thanks fore the info Abu, thats such a shame, having just seen the lights working again I realised how much I liked it! Looking forward to the binary you post to see if it works.

Title
    Thanks
    Ok found the thread on ATV

https://www.opena.tv/plugins/45470-o...ost431398.html

I had to download the following (added here just incase although I cant upload the .deb file)

File type: ipk enigma2-plugin-extensions-enigmalight_1.0 + git54 + b3d012c-r0.7_all.ipk
    File type: deb enigmalight-bin_1.0 + git54 + b3d012c-r0.6_mipsel.deb

Once installed and my config copied across, it works!!!! (and survives a reboot)

Thanks for the pointers, so happy to have this back again.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to icemanv3 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (01-07-20)