Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gigablue Unicable problem. 12 March 2020 drivers

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,947 Times in 3,269 Posts
    For anyone that does need an injection power supply they are going to be available from WoS.

https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...power-inserter
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (08-07-20),Andy_Hazza (08-07-20),scouse645 (08-07-20),Sicilian (08-07-20),twol (08-07-20),Willo3092 (08-07-20)

Title
    Thanks
    I sorted mine out anyway, i bought a VU+ ultimo, as gigablue don't seem to think there's a problem, bit disappointed with there attitude, i won't buy another gigablue.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to scouse645 For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (30-07-20),Andy_Hazza (16-07-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scouse645 View Post
    I sorted mine out anyway, i bought a VU+ ultimo, as gigablue don't seem to think there's a problem, bit disappointed with there attitude, i won't buy another gigablue.
    Did you log the issue with Gigablue?? Their support forum is in German, but Google translate does a good enough job.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    Did you log the issue with Gigablue?? Their support forum is in German, but Google translate does a good enough job.
    yes i did do that, they answered me telling me to try Teamblue image, i had already tried that but no good, on the gigablue german forum there are post's about this problem, they sound as frustrated as me with there lack of help, they never answered anymore emails.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Of course it won't make any difference, it is a driver issue.

Title
    The Boss
    Thanks
    Thanked 26,051 Times in 7,637 Posts
    I've been testing the GT-Sat power inserter with Gigablue UHD Quad 4K and different configurations on the VU+ Ultimo 4k.

Cures power issues for the Gigablue models and also stops many tune failed message on the VU+ Ultimo 4K depending on the setup you have.

In my honest opinion no receiver works spot on with a Unicable LNB unless its powered 24/7. Being powered also saves waiting 2-3 seconds for the first boot.

I'd recommend the Power injector all day long when using a Unicable LNB no matter what receiver you have: https://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk...power-inserter
    D I S C L A I M E R

My right to post information is protected under the rights for freedom act. In all instances, information discussed here on my posts are either hypothetical in nature, out of general curiosity, common knowledge, public knowledge, or role-play. Any use of the collective descriptions and shared knowledge from any of my posts are at the sole discretion of the reader. I am not responsible for what you do with it!

Please help keep OpenViX online, donate HERE.
    Rules can be found
    HERE
    Support our sponsor World-Of-Satellite
    HERE
    GIGABLUE UHD QUAD 4K, VU+ DUO 4K SE, ZGEMMA H7S, VU+ UNO 4K SE
    Triax 1.1m Powered by TM2600, Fixed 28.2 Zone 2 dish with GT-SAT Unicable

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Sicilian For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (19-07-20),Huevos (20-07-20),scouse645 (19-07-20),Willo3092 (19-07-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    When injecting power via an inserter is there a facility to stop the box also providing power to the LNB - the two power sources could be fighting each other?
    There is an option for "externally powered". I have not checked the output voltage from tuner with this enabled though. However, it should not be an issue because you could have multiple receivers connected to an LNB.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    The output voltage is controlled by drivers. The "externally powered" is just so Unicable power up delay can be ignored.

@Sicillian, do you know if that inserter block lets voltage through from the STB. e.g. if you remove the power source from the inserter does the VU+ FBC tuner "A" still work?
    Last edited by Huevos; 20-07-20 at 22:47.

Title
    Thanks
    So how are drivers told not to power LNB?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Independent power going to uplead of Unicable LNB.
    Only tuner controlled dual voltage wigglies to Legacy.
    The tuner setup asks if there is an external power source. I assume the answer instructs tuner what to do.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    The tuner setup asks if there is an external power source. I assume the answer instructs tuner what to do.
    That just tells it to ignore the wake up time. ( just learnt that)

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    So how are drivers told not to power LNB?
    Not sure what you mean. Sending voltage up the co-ax line from the STB will happen regardless of the "externally powered" setting. This can be confirmed with a multimeter.

Title
    Thanks
    I was asking how to tell the receiver not to send voltage to the LNB when power from receiver is not needed.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Also, if you are using a power pass splitter it should be diode protected so voltage from one STB cannot arrive at the aerial socket of another that shares the same LNB. i.e. the voltage can only flow from the STB to the LNB but not in the opposite direction... and the STB itself should also have diode protection at the socket to prevent external voltage from entering it.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    I was asking how to tell the receiver not to send voltage to the LNB when power from receiver is not needed.
    1) As far as I know you can't... so if your LNB is powered over a shared co-ax line the device supplying the highest voltage will be the one that powers the LNB. This is due to the diode protection, i.e. if the voltage is greater outside the the STB than supplied by the STB there will be a negative voltage at the protection diode and therefore no forward current from the STB.

2) If you want to be certain the STB is not supplying current to the LNB use a DC blocker. https://www.tdtprofesional.com/es/bl...oaApzVEALw_wcB

3) A wall plate for a community Unicable install would/should have a DC blocker built in.
    Last edited by Huevos; 21-07-20 at 09:37.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast