Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gigablue Unicable problem. 12 March 2020 drivers

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    The Vu receivers have changed drivers so that the voltage to be always on. If Gigablue do this, then the problem is fixed.

Title
    Thanks
    thanks, i can't believe they were not aware of this for some time, so it should have been sorted by now, is it done through a software update?

Title
    Thanks
    When they supply updated drivers, they will be included in the image that is built afterwards. Performing a software update will include them.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

scouse645 (19-06-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I have a GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K and recently upgraded my dish & also LNB to a Opticum Red Robust Legacy Unicable 2 SCR 2 LNB / 8+2 Receiver (8 subscribers) I had issues with dropped recordings until I updated to the their resent driver update which was added to (5.3.020.010) where they say 'Fixed Unicable issue and Improved tuning speed -. Fixed DiSEqC Loopthrough issue if Tuner B is connected to Tuner A'.

The reason I did not want to update to the new drivers was because of the juddery recordings you get with the new drivers which has been an issue for some time. But I was force to do this as the wife was not very happy with these dropped recordings and this driver update has resolved this as I have not had any dropped recordings since. But the juddery recordings is back. The only difference I can see we have is my LNB is for 8 subscribers and yours is for 16 but I don't no how that can make any difference though.

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dntaylor View Post
    I have a GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K and recently upgraded my dish & also LNB to a Opticum Red Robust Legacy Unicable 2 SCR 2 LNB / 8+2 Receiver (8 subscribers) I had issues with dropped recordings until I updated to the their resent driver update which was added to (5.3.020.010) where they say 'Fixed Unicable issue and Improved tuning speed -. Fixed DiSEqC Loopthrough issue if Tuner B is connected to Tuner A'.

The reason I did not want to update to the new drivers was because of the juddery recordings you get with the new drivers which has been an issue for some time. But I was force to do this as the wife was not very happy with these dropped recordings and this driver update has resolved this as I have not had any dropped recordings since. But the juddery recordings is back. The only difference I can see we have is my LNB is for 8 subscribers and yours is for 16 but I don't no how that can make any difference though.
    If Gigablue have updated the drivers on a previous update it couldn't have worked as i'm having those problems with a newer image.

Title
    Thanks
    After an initial answer from gigablue about this problem they have been quiet since, so i had a fiddle myself, i am using an openatv 6.3 image from october last year which is working how it should do, not ideal i know but at the moment i'm not sure gigablue will do anything about it, as on the gigablue forum there is quite a few members who have had the problem for some time, it seems VU+ boxes don't have this problem with unicable, i like using the unicable lnb so i may get a new box.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,925 Times in 3,259 Posts
    Just get an injection power supply and you are done.
    Help keep OpenViX servers online.Please donate!

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Huevos View Post
    Just get an injection power supply and you are done.
    Thanks, but not a clue what that is.

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    A power supply that keeps the LNB powered 24/7. It is the exact same power supply that would be used to power a switch via the co-ax cable rather than a direct connection at the switch. "Injection" just means the power can be inserted at any point along the co-ax line. Any 12-19 volt source t'ed into the co-ax line via a power pass splitter should work.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (01-07-20),scouse645 (01-07-20)

Title
    Thanks
    If anyone can give a link for the above item it would be appreciated.

Title
    Thanks
    Search for sky sp161 on ebay. I'm sure it will work.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to abu baniaz For This Useful Post:

scouse645 (01-07-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abu baniaz View Post
    Search for sky sp161 on ebay. I'm sure it will work.
    Thanks, does it matter that it's a signal booster also?

Title
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by scouse645 View Post
    Thanks, does it matter that it's a signal booster also?
    I very much doubt that device has a signal booster built in. Most likely just a muppet that has no clue what they are selling.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Huevos For This Useful Post:

scouse645 (03-07-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Wouldn't allow me to edit above with:

Does the voltage to a Unicable 2 LNB matter?? 12/13v from receiver power supply is very easy to arrange.

Title
    Thanks
    I've ordered the sky device abu thinks will work, didn't cost much so worth a try, in the meantime i will continue the older openatv image which works perfect, when i get the sky power inserter i will try the latest vix image.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast