Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: FREESAT UK - Recording Subtitles ?

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks

FREESAT UK - Recording Subtitles ?

Hello again
    I could not find anywhere how to tell OpenVix to 'record' subtitles.

I hope is there, as it does not make sense for a hard of hearing having subtitles, but not on recordings - VERY important.

Any help?

Thanks everyone
    Mundosat

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    All subtitle and audio streams are recorded - you dont need to specify it.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (30-06-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundosat View Post
    Hello again
    I could not find anywhere how to tell OpenVix to 'record' subtitles.

I hope is there, as it does not make sense for a hard of hearing having subtitles, but not on recordings - VERY important.

Any help?

Thanks everyone
    Mundosat
    The box automatically records the transport stream from the brodcaster which includes any sub-titles.
    The subtitles are displayed if you enable them , the same as with a live broadcast.
    Not all brodcasters/channels have sub-titles and even when a programme did originally have sub-titles (say orginally broadcast ofn BBC1) they may/will be missing when broadcast on another channel such as PBS or Smithonian.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (30-06-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    The only snag is that you need to enable the subtitles when playing back a recording (with the subtitle button) as I don't think there is an way to get the box to play them automatically.
    Zgemma H7S running OpenVIX 6.2, Darkmotor, Triax TD110 dish, Inverto Black Ultra dual lnb
    LG 50UM7450 4K TV, Pioneer VSX-534 Atmos AVR , Panasonic UB820 region free 4K Bluray & a PS4.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ronand For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (30-06-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Subtitiles can be used exactly in the same way receiving live broadcasting or playing recorded files. No differences.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clemente For This Useful Post:

Mundosat (30-06-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adm View Post
    The box automatically records the transport stream from the brodcaster which includes any sub-titles.
    The subtitles are displayed if you enable them , the same as with a live broadcast.
    Not all brodcasters/channels have sub-titles and even when a programme did originally have sub-titles (say orginally broadcast ofn BBC1) they may/will be missing when broadcast on another channel such as PBS or Smithonian.
    Yes, as I thought, nowadays with digital, whatever is part of the package is transmitted and subtitles too.

I fit my new 2Tb HDD last night and just tested a few minutes on BBC News last night 3 times and worked fine but no subtitles [I already have them on normally].
    I also used Subt on the remote.

I will try again, I might have been tired and doing something stupid!

Thank you and all others - good forum of passionate people.

In a few years I will retire [if Government does not touch Pensions, I think they will !]and trying to fix TV, Computing and all the rest ...

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Strangely, it did not show subs when using the subs button.

Then after a while - I do not even remember what I was doing as I did it in between 'Grandson's' going to sleep ... peace ... and it seems to work.
    Yesterday I started to setup recordings, series etc. Let's see what happens.

All is in parallel to my old and still working 12 years old Humax ...

It might have been that there was a delay on Subs appearing, not that I think of it and I shortened it a bit.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mundosat View Post
    Yes, as I thought, nowadays with digital, whatever is part of the package is transmitted and subtitles too.

I fit my new 2Tb HDD last night and just tested a few minutes on BBC News last night 3 times and worked fine but no subtitles [I already have them on normally].
    I also used Subt on the remote.

I will try again, I might have been tired and doing something stupid!
    Try recording for more than a few mintes. Often when pressing the subtitle button it takes maybe many 10s of seconds for them to appear for the first time after which they appear in sync.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (02-07-20),Mundosat (03-07-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    ADDITION:
    I did set full recordings - copied from old receiver and recording in parallel with old receiver to test new one for a few days.

All seems OK and Subtitles do show 'without' selecting Subt button - I guess maybe in last update it now remains memorised I clicked them on?

Next time I need to get out again and tune the Dish and LNB outside, I had a few flashes with no signal - 'mostly with Gigablue and within the first 1/2 hour!

Good for me!

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Me again.
    Installed Kodi mainly for BBC iPlayer, once again no subtitles.

Any idea? I went to subtitles but did not know which to choose.

Thanks

ADDITION: Found how online ...

Added BSPlayer + Addic7ed & I forgot to also add Podnapisi - they seem to be good for English subtitles.

Works!
    Last edited by Mundosat; 05-07-20 at 10:04.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Receiver seems to do 99% what is expected now, my only bother is that I have to press Subt + DVB subt or Teletext if needed 'every' time, am I doing something wrong in settings? I need them on all the time.
    Even after Subt switched on, from st-by and receiver is switched on, Subt need to be re-switched on again ... a bother really.
    Strange.

I just found this port:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...ight=subtitles

Will see if it helps, it is possible I had a change of settings from the one time I re-flashed OpenVix 5.3.5 and was wrongly set.

Well, I have to say once OpenVix is set the way you want it is 'ace'!
    Last edited by Mundosat; 26-07-20 at 10:33.