Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

View Entry Info: CrossEPG causing crash and re-boot

Category:
Possible Bug
What ViX Image build number are you using?
Please provide your ViX Team image build number. Menu > Information > About > Build number > ENTER THIS NUMBER e.g. 4.2.028
Have you tried a flash WITHOUT settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Have you tried a flash WITH settings restore?
Have you tried this? PLEASE SELECT YES OR NO.
No
Attachments
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CrossEPG causing crash and re-boot

Title
    Thanks

CrossEPG causing crash and re-boot

Hi,
    I've been experiencing random crashes that leaves my receiver frozen. Only way to deal with it has been to turn it off/on with the rocker on the back. It would then function normally for a week or more. I believe it has something to do with CrossEPG as it only seems to happen in the morning just after I have it set to update the EPG. It has never produced a crash report until today. The crash is now so serious that restarting doesn't clear the problem and the EPG wont populate after starting CrossEPG - it just crashes again. I get the message: "CrossEPG error: Cannot open CrossEPG database"
    I'm a bit of a noob with this stuff, would someone please look at my crash log and maybe tell me what is up?

Vix Screenshot 28:06.jpg
    Enigma2_debug_2020-06-28_15-35-33.log
    Enigma2_crash_2020-06-28_15-35-23.log

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    ... it's crashing in backup manager for some reason......

(Note the line starting in red.)

Code:
    <997989.932> Traceback (most recent call last):
    <997989.934>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Components/Console.py", line 37, in finishedCB
    <997989.935>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/ViX/BackupManager.py", line 490, in Stage1SettingsComplete
    <997989.937> AttributeError: 'VIXBackupManager' object has no attribute 'session'
    <997989.942> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method EnigmaLogFatal.write of <bound method ConsoleItem.dataAvailCB of <bound method EnigmaLogDebug.write of <bound method CList.__call__ of <bound method eLabel.eLabel_setText of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method CList.__call__ of <bound method eLabel.eLabel_setText of <bound method eLabel.eLabel_setText of <bound method VIXBackupManager.keyResstore of <bound method VIXBackupManager.createSetup of <bound method VIXBackupManager.showLog of <bound method VIXBackupManager.keyResstore of <bound method StaticText.doSuspend of <bound method CList.__call__ of <bound method eLabel.eLabel_setText of <bound method ActionMap.action of <bound method eActionMap.eActionMap_unbindAction of <bound method eActionMap.eActionMap_unbindAction of <bound method eActionMap.eActionMap_unbindAction of <bound method eActionMap.eActionMap_unbindAction of <bound method eLabel.eLabel_setText of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method Label.changed of <bound method CList.__call__ of <bound method eLabel.eLabel_setText of <bound method JobView.keyPageUp of <bound method JobView.keyRight of <bound method JobView.abort of <bound method JobView.ok of <bound method JobView.ok of <bound method JobView.abort of <bound method JobView.background of <bound method JobView.KeyText of <bound method StaticText.destroy of <bound method ConfigList.destroy of <bound method eListbox.eListbox_setContent of <bound method ConfigList.selectionChanged of <bound method ConsoleItem.__init__ of <bound method MessageBox.ok of <bound method MessageBox.left of <bound method MessageBox.cancel of <bound method MessageBox.right of <bound method MessageBox.down of <bound method MessageBox.up of <bound method MessageBox.down of <bound method MessageBox.alwaysOK of <bound method MessageBox.right of <bound method Pixmap.destroy of <bound method Pixmap.preWidgetRemove of <bound method MenuList.selectionChanged of <bound method SimpleSummary.deleteGUIScreen of <bound method eActionMap.eActionMap_unbindAction of <bound method CList.__call__ of <bound method CList.__call__ of <bound method CList.__call__ of <bound method JobView.keyOK of <bound method JobView.keyBackspace of <bound method JobView.keyPageDown of <bound method JobView.keyToggleOW of <bound method JobView.keyGotAscii of <bound method JobView.keyNumberGlobal of <bound method JobView.keyNumberGlobal of <bound method JobView.keyNumberGlobal of <bound method JobView.keyNumberGlobal of <bound method JobView.keyNumberGlobal of <bound method JobView.keyNumberGlobal of <bound method JobView.keyNumberGlobal of <bound method JobView.keyNumberGlobal of <bound method JobView.keyNumberGlobal of <bound method JobView.keyNumberGlobal of <bound method JobView.keyEnd of <bound method JobView.keyDelete of <bound method JobView.keyHome of <bound method JobView.keyFile of <bound method JobView.keyPageUp of <bound method JobView.keyRight of <bound method JobView.abort of <bound method JobView.ok of <bound method JobView.ok of <bound method JobView.abort of <bound method JobView.background of <bound method JobView.KeyText of <bound method StaticText.destroy of <bound method ConfigList.destroy of <bound method eListbox.eListbox_setContent of <bound method ConfigList.selectionChanged of <bound method JobView.state_changed of <bound method MessageBox.up of <bound method MessageBox.ok of <bound method MessageBox.left of <bound method MessageBox.cancel of <bound method MessageBox.right of <bound method MessageBox.down of <bound method MessageBox.up of <bound method MessageBox.down of <bound method MessageBox.alwaysOK of <bound method MessageBox.right of <bound method Pixmap.destroy of <bound method Pixmap.preWidgetRemove of <bound method MenuList.selectionChanged of <bound method SimpleSummary.deleteGUIScreen of <bound method eActionMap.eActionMap_unbindAction of <bound method eLabel.eLabel_setText of <bound method VIXBackupManager.keyResstore of <bound method VIXBackupManager.createSetup of <bound method VIXBackupManager.showLog of <bound method VIXBackupManager.keyResstore of <unbound method ActionMap.__init__>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>,(0,)) failed)
    <997993.370> [gRC] main thread is non-idle! display spinner!
    Image 5.2.045 - nearly a year old.
    Last edited by ccs; 28-06-20 at 15:49.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    You are on an old image too, best you update to 5.3.035.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanks for your replies.
    I tried the latest image but I didn't like the way it handled updating the EPG and I didn't understand how to stick with CrossEPG so I rolled back.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Only difference in 5.3 with CrossEPG is that you have to install it yourself. Older images had it pre-installed.

Anyway, are you creating a backup at the same time that CrossEPG is running?

Title
    Thanks
    Hmm, I don't think so. I've only ever manually created backups. Unless I've done something by accident I don't think I would know how to set it up like that!

This may be a bit random to my problem, but how do I add CrossEPG to 5.3?

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoS View Post
    Hmm, I don't think so. I've only ever manually created backups. Unless I've done something by accident I don't think I would know how to set it up like that!

This may be a bit random to my problem, but how do I add CrossEPG to 5.3?
    You install CrossEPG from the plugins. You can find it via Menu > Plugins > Green button > System Plugins then locate CrossEPG and press OK to download it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Andy_Hazza For This Useful Post:

LorenzoS (28-06-20)

Title
    Thanks
    OK. Thanks for your help. I'll re-update to the latest image and try to install CrossEPG and see if that clears my problem. I'll let you know how it goes!

Title
    Thanks
    I tried to flash 5.3 but I got a failure error: "Wrong back up destination or no space left on backup device." it then crashed again.

Any other ideas, please?

Enigma2_crash_2020-06-28_17-30-04.log
    Last edited by LorenzoS; 28-06-20 at 16:38.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Backup manager again.

Is the hdd full?

Code:
    <1002594.043> [BackupManager] Listing completed.
    <1002594.863> [BackupManager] Finding kernel version:3.13.5
    <1002594.864> [BackupManager] Finding image version:5.2
    <1002596.909> [BackupManager] Backup running
    <1002596.910> [Console] command: tar -czvf /media/hdd/backup/vix-rel-IM-5.2.045-20200628-1729.tar.gz /etc/enigma2/ /etc/fstab /etc/hostname /etc/network/interfaces /etc/passwd /etc/shadow /etc/resolv.conf /etc/tuxbox/config/ /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf /usr/softcams/ /etc/auto.network /usr/crossepg/crossepg.config /usr/crossepg/providers /usr/keys /etc/samba /usr/script /tmp/ExtraInstalledPlugins /tmp/backupkernelversion /tmp/backupimageversion
    <1002596.910> [eConsoleAppContainer] Starting /bin/sh
    <1002596.940> [Console] finished: tar -czvf /media/hdd/backup/vix-rel-IM-5.2.045-20200628-1729.tar.gz /etc/enigma2/ /etc/fstab /etc/hostname /etc/network/interfaces /etc/passwd /etc/shadow /etc/resolv.conf /etc/tuxbox/config/ /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf /usr/softcams/ /etc/auto.network /usr/crossepg/crossepg.config /usr/crossepg/providers /usr/keys /etc/samba /usr/script /tmp/ExtraInstalledPlugins /tmp/backupkernelversion /tmp/backupimageversion
    <1002596.949> [Skin] processing screen MessageBox:
    <1002596.972> [GUISkin] warning, skin is missing element autoresize in <class 'Screens.MessageBox.MessageBox'>(Backup failed - e. g. wrong backup destination or no space left on backup device.)
    <1002596.985> [Skin] processing screen MessageBox_summary:
    <1002596.994> [BackupManager] Result. tar: can't open '/media/hdd/backup/vix-rel-IM-5.2.045-20200628-1729.tar.gz': Read-only file system
    <1002596.994> 
    <1002596.994> {BackupManager] Backup failed - e. g. wrong backup destination or no space left on backup device
    <1002597.939> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
    <1002597.940> [eDVBDemux] open demux /dev/dvb/adapter0/demux0
    <1002597.940> [eDVBSectionReader] DMX_SET_FILTER pid=18
    <1002598.940> [eDVBServicePlay] timeshift
    <1002605.993> [MessageBox] Timeout!
    <1002606.004> Traceback (most recent call last):
    <1002606.004>   File "/usr/lib/enigma2/python/mytest.py", line 235, in processDelay
    <1002606.005>     callback(*retval)
    <1002606.005> TypeError: BackupComplete() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
    <1002606.005> [ePyObject] (CallObject(<bound method Session.processDelay of <__main__.Session instance at 0x64e59440>>,()) failed)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

LorenzoS (28-06-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Well, it shouldn't be. It says 47%. But I just tried deleting things from the trash and when I go back to check, everything is still there, so it won't empty. Something odd going on here. I can't delete them using iDreamX either.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    It's saying the device is read only, don't have a clue how that could happen.

Title
    Thanks
    It's all a bit over my head really! I haven't changed anything and I can still record to the hdd, doesn't read-only just relate to that backup file?

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    When you flash from Image Manager, the default is to take a settings backup first.

You could try disabling it - press menu when in IM.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,160 Times in 6,235 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    When you flash from Image Manager, the default is to take a settings backup first.

You could try disabling it - press menu when in IM.
    But he is not flashing an Image while running CrossEPG downloader.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast