Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: VIX running very slow

Title
    Thanks
    I also tried to do a filesystem check on the box and and got an unreadable error message. Now the movie folder with my recordings has now disappeared also. I can no longer access my recording on the box with the remote - I just get a blank page. Although that has solved the problem of everything running slow, although I hope I haven't permanently lost my recordings.
    Also when I try to record now I'm getting message that disk is full.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Sign of your HDD going faulty. I posted previously posted commands for checking disk for error (post before yours) but tbh it isn't looking good.

HDD do go. How long you had it?

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    Sign of your HDD going faulty. I posted previously posted commands for checking disk for error (post before yours) but tbh it isn't looking good.

HDD do go. How long you had it?
    Sorry yeah I posted before I'd seen your previous post. Disk has been in box for around 5-6 years. Might have to remove it now and see if can use some data recovery software to retrieve the videos unless anyone has any idea what do to now, cheers. I had about 500GB of vids on it.

It had been working ok up until yesterday when I was running OpenPLI on the box, then the problems started when I went to OpenVix, although I was able to play the videos ok earlier today when the list was there,
    Last edited by stilt147; 28-06-20 at 21:06.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stilt147 View Post
    It had been working ok up until yesterday when I was running OpenPLI on the box, then the problems started when I went to OpenVix, although I was able to play the videos ok earlier today when the list was there,
    Obviously Vix wouldn't have made HDD faulty haha It was probably faulty in certain parts of the HDD and you hadn't really noticed.

Depending on HDD error, running the check disk command may fix it and you may lose only certain things and not everything. If you do manage to fix it and get to your recordings (all or some of them), don't assume HDD is now error free. It could just be corrupted but also could be a sign of HDD failure

Title
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bbbuk View Post
    Obviously Vix wouldn't have made HDD faulty haha It was probably faulty in certain parts of the HDD and you hadn't really noticed.

Depending on HDD error, running the check disk command may fix it and you may lose only certain things and not everything. If you do manage to fix it and get to your recordings (all or some of them), don't assume HDD is now error free. It could just be corrupted but also could be a sign of HDD failure
    No of course not lol, you may well be right. I notice that the timeshift folder is still there and the epg is still set to /media/hdd. I'm just wondering if I have done something to accidently delete the movie folder or if some setting or other needs changed. I'm a relative beginner at this as the previous images I used I never had to tinker with anything.

Title
    Thanks
    is your HDD mounted ?
    VU+ DUO2 quad tuner with HDD 1 TB + Latest Openvix and VU+ DUO2 FB tuner + Octagon SF8008 FB tuner
    Triax 88 cm rotor single LNB 30 E- 40 W
    1 Gibertini 1.00 m fixed - 3 quad LNB 19E-23.5E-28.2E

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123