Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Setting up Power button

Title
    Thanks

Setting up Power button

Hello, I'm a new Openvix image user. Just installed it yesterday in my Vu+ Duo4K, and I like it! Very good and stable image. Just a little clarification please. I'm attempting to change Power button function. Default settings are: short press = Standby, Long press = Standby menu. I leave Long press unchanged, but I would like set Short press to Deep Standby to immediately shutdown the box as I press this button. So, Menu > Setup > User interface > Button setup, then I press Power button shortly and I select Deep Standby, finally Green to save. It seems all OK, but when I short press Power, a little menu is displayed in which I can select between Standby and Deep Standby, so no immediate shutdown is performed. Maybe any mistake in my procedure? Thank you.

PS: Have you any plan to support Dreambox receivers in the future? I have one DM920 too, and it would be very nice to test your image in it.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clemente View Post
    Hello, I'm a new Openvix image user. Just installed it yesterday in my Vu+ Duo4K, and I like it! Very good and stable image. Just a little clarification please. I'm attempting to change Power button function. Default settings are: short press = Standby, Long press = Standby menu. I leave Long press unchanged, but I would like set Short press to Deep Standby to immediately shutdown the box as I press this button. So, Menu > Setup > User interface > Button setup, then I press Power button shortly and I select Deep Standby, finally Green to save. It seems all OK, but when I short press Power, a little menu is displayed in which I can select between Standby and Deep Standby, so no immediate shutdown is performed. Maybe any mistake in my procedure? Thank you.

PS: Have you any plan to support Dreambox receivers in the future? I have one DM920 too, and it would be very nice to test your image in it.
    Alternative method: Leave the power button as it is so a short press puts the box immediately into standby. Configure a Power Timer to put your box into Deep Standby if the box is in Standby for x minutes.
    menu -> timers -> power timers -> press green to add.
    Timer type = auto deepstandby
    Only active when in standby = yes
    Sleep delay = user configured minutes to wait after box goes to standby
    Repeat type = repeated

This delay gives you the opertunity of starting the box immediately if you accidently press the power button by mistake which you cannot do for a minute or two if the box is going into deep standby.
    Last edited by adm; 27-06-20 at 21:20.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to adm For This Useful Post:

abu baniaz (27-06-20),Clemente (27-06-20),head44 (28-10-20)

Title
    Thanks
    Thank you adm for your advice. I did not see that. Well, GREAT IMAGE! Thank you again.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    Bit of a highjack, I know, but a similar topic and hardly worth a new thread.

Any chance of long press tv and long press radio being added to button setup?

I use radio via my harmony remote to get to deep standby, but long press radio would be so much better (and give me an extra key.)

There's a commit here, which has already done the work...

Code:
    https://github.com/BlackHole/enigma2/commit/bd55c0c244222ac24000aded4702ecdc3f46e10c
    I'd setup a PR myself if I could manage/have the courage to do it (I've read Creating pull Requests), but it would take too long, and anyway, I don't think I would cope it it were rejected.

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    I use long press standby to go into deep standby. As well as long press Guide to download EPG. And short press red Giga button to bring up signal strength. In a boat, I have to set up the dish every time we move.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,277 Times in 1,089 Posts
    I haven't got a power button on the harmony remote(s), so have to improvise. I've 2 types of harmony, so it gets a bit complicated.

... and some of the keys on the harmonies don't long press either.