Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: In at the Deep End with Gigablue UHD 4K

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    I appreciate the amazing flexibility but it is extremely geeky.
    For example the WLAN. I think most now days would expect just to select a network followed by the password box, with all the DHCP etc settings behind an advanced button.
    It also helps if you configure your router to assign the same IP to your box every time it connects. It just makes opening the web interface easier. Type the IP address of the box into your PCs browser address box.
    Xtrend ET10K, 2 x satellite tuners 28.2 (Sky FTA), 2 x hybrid (UK Freeview), Zgemma H9S (satellite)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the WLAN suggestions. But they miss the point and make it too geeky. If I told that to Mrs S she would look blankly at me.
    She is used to selecting a network, enter password - just like a tablet. Simple. All the configuring stuff should be behind an advanced button for those that want to get into the nuts and bolts.
    Even I am wasting hours trying to find out the basics - eg what is CROSSEPG? And why use it?? Now found a fair explanation on Vu+ forum.
    Not doubt those in the Linux know have no problem and understand it innately. But for those trying to transition from a commercial Freesat box, it is a bit of a nightmare. And there are similar comments over the years on the various forii I've been trawling around.

The documentation is pretty thin. And to be told the number shortcuts explained above has been great but not sure I could have found them.

So, what is deep standby? What power does it use?? Does the box wake up from DS to record in the middle of the night?? Can the box be told to go into DS from Standby??

Also, how do I get radio channels displayed in an or any EPG?? - just like my Humax or the new Arris Freesat UHD box which I have got alongside this Linux box.

HumaxEPGRTV01.jpg

HumaxEPGRTV04.jpg

There really needs to be a proper glossary or wiki written from the perspective of a newcomer like me rather than an expert. Now, if the OpenVix/Gigablue etc community moderators would like it, I am prepared to try and write it, with some supervision and knowledge assistance filling the blanks.

BrianTheTechieSnail
    On my ZGemma H7S (running OpenVIX) I think I press Radio to switch to radio before I press EPG to get the EPG.
    But the way I use to fill the EPG (setting up EPG Refresh to automatically go to IEPG data 1 for 5 minutes every night) doesn't seem to fill in the Radio part of the EPG.
    Last edited by BrianTheTechieSnail; 25-06-20 at 11:13.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,146 Times in 6,224 Posts
    You are welcome to make a guide, but the challenges are:

There are several different types of receivers with different tuner configurations.
    There are many different types of remotes. Some don't even have a help button where you find some documentation.
    Number of options and ways to do things are many
    Enigma2 always changes, hopefully for the better

We really ought to have a wiki. You can start off with the Josh's guide and the Vix manual. As well as the many guides in the guide section of forum.

You can add whatever services you want into your bouquets. When you activate the EPG system, it will show you the bouquet you were in last in (as a default). AutoBouquetsMaker makes TV and radio bouquets separately. As above change between the two modes of TV/radio. Channel lists/groups (bouquets) and EPG are different things.

Standby= display off
    So, what is deep standby? Shuts off power to tuners and other components
    What power does it use?? Read your box manual. But very little
    Does the box wake up from DS to record in the middle of the night?? Yes. At any time actually
    Can the box be told to go into DS from Standby?? Yes, they are called power timer

Forum guide section:
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/forumdisplay.php?301

New box guide by Josh G: Not been updated for a while
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...x-Set-Up-Guide

Vix manual: Not been updated for a while
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...144-VIX-Manual

Title
    Thanks
    Picture of Radio bouquet created by ABM attached

Guide to screenshots
    https://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...o-attach-files

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks for the Radio ABM. I had found that, so half way there. How do I add it radio into the same bouquet and then get it into EPG format with the TV stuff?? Freesat and Humax, other Linux boxes do it, so it must be possible.

I found power info in the Gigablue handbook.

I agree there are very many combinations of kit and software, so I didn't mean another guide. I meant a glossary of terms - as in the Humax Foxsat HDR manual - but more comprehensive.

Title
    Thanks

In at the Deep End with Gigablue UHD 4K

I don't know how to do it in ABM. But you can make your own bouquets. You can use Dreamset, Dreamboxedit or Echannelizer programs. Or do it in OpenWebIf, it has a bouquet editor. Or even a Linux compatible text editor like notepad++

Be mindful that ABM bouquets belong to ABM. Any manual changes you make will be undone next time ABM runs. Best to do a hostile takeover if you plan to modify them. Basically rename the abm prefix in the .TV files and also make corresponding changes to bouquets.TV file too. These files are in /etc/enigma2

ABM started off as AutoSkyBouquets. Sky have 0101 and 101 as different services. Enigma2 sees those the same, so that is probably why it never was done at outset. I don't know how to do it, but for Freeview and Freesat it should be doable.

Edit 20:05:
    ABM = AutoBouquetsMaker. A plugin that makes bouquets. It is pre-installed in OpenViX.

Title
    Thanks
    As a start, look at the .radio files, they are radio bouquets. You can copy those lines into one of your .TV files and they should show.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    You can rename .radio to .tv and reboot and you should see them in the tv bouquets but if made by ABM an ABM scan will override them I'm not sure if you can change this via CustomMix.

I think this line determines radio channels https://github.com/oe-alliance/AutoB...ky_uk.xml#L571

Edit removing .ABM on file solved it so I have named it userbouquet.sat_282_sky_uk.radio.tv

Then rebooted box this added radio channels to top of bouquets then did an ABM scan that moved the radio bouquet to the bottom of my ABM bouquets.
    Last edited by dsayers; 25-06-20 at 16:05.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

Andy_Hazza (25-06-20),Willo3092 (25-06-20)

Title
    Forum Supporter
    Donated Member
    Thanks
    Thanks dsayers. I see the principle, but I don't know the steps to even find a file to remove. ABM?? I assume . ABM is a file suffix like jpg?? Or is a line at the link??

Some simple steps would be very much appreciated when you have a chance.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    ABM >> AutoBouquetsMaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CRMS View Post
    Thanks dsayers. I see the principle, but I don't know the steps to even find a file to remove. ABM?? I assume . ABM is a file suffix like jpg?? Or is a line at the link??

Some simple steps would be very much appreciated when you have a chance.
    As by Andy ABM is a short term used for Autobouquetsmaker.

To rename file use file explorer on pc or filezilla and ftp etc/enigma2 depending on what service you use you'll see .tv and .radio files if they are created by autobouquetsmaker it will be named userbouquet.abm.sat_282_sky_uk.main.radio or similar if using a different provider.

Remove .abm and change the .radio to .tv so it looks like this userbouquet.sat_282_sky_uk.main.tv

Reboot box then press tv button and see if you see the radio bouquet.

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,276 Times in 1,089 Posts
    .... this is getting way too complicated, way too soon, imho.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ccs For This Useful Post:

dsayers (25-06-20)

Title
    ViX Beta Tester
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ccs View Post
    .... this is getting way too complicated, way too soon, imho.
    Yes it probably is getting complicated especially if you're not used to editing files. Maybe best using the radio button for radio bouquets then tv button to switch to TV bouquets.

It might be better to wait and see if an easier method can be found.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dsayers For This Useful Post:

ccs (25-06-20)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast