Hello Guest, if you are reading this it means you have not registered yet. Please take a second, Click here to register, and in a few simple steps you will be able to enjoy our community and use our OpenViX support section.

Thread: Constant freezing since reflash

Title
    Thanks

Constant freezing since reflash

Sorry - this one takes a while to explain, and I'm not sure I'm in the right section of the forum (apologies if so), but here goes...

- I have 2 x Vu+ boxes (Uno 4k and Zero), both were running a vix image from April / May last year, and running IPTV (Zero is also Freesat) - I had no problem with either in terms of the IPTV streaming (beyond the odd freeze here and there)
    - I was having issues streaming from one box to an other, so tried installing Samba. This massively slowed down the Zero, so I removed from both boxes
    - I re-flashed both to the latest Vix image (5.3.034), to try and solve the issue
    - I re-ran the script from my IPTV provider (I don't know if the script was identical to the one that was previously running)
    - After updating relevant settings, plug-ins etc. the Uno 4k was running IPTV fine
    - However the Zero kept freezing - by this I mean that it'll be fine for 30-60 seconds, then it will freeze for a few seconds and at this time. Given that the 'loading' symbol would appear in the top right left corner, I don't think this is the IPTV sub (it happens when watching live TV or VOD content)
    - I've tried reflashing the zero (again to the latest image) - didn't solve the problem
    - The Uno 4K has now started freezing, so I tried reflashing to an older Vix image - this hasn't solved the problem
    - Not sure if relevant, but I have set-up a swap file on each box
    - Also, I was previously running a VPN on each box, but haven't got round to setting up again on either yet

Given that I've tried all the variables I can think of that could be causing this problem, I'm now completely stuck. Does any of this sound like a familiar problem, and if so, does anyone have a solution? (I'd be very happy if so )

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Swap File is defo not needed on your 4K receiver. Personally I’d reflash without any restores and try different IPTV options, I.e. Suls Plugin, Jedi Maker etc to see if this eliminates anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    I didn't think the swap file would be required on the Uno 4K, but I was looking for any possible solutions to my problem.

My last re-flash was completed without any restores, so I'm now stumped as to what the issue is?

I'm no expert on how IPTV works, but my assumption is that if the sub was the problem, the freezing would be the picture only (e.g. I wouldn't get the spinning Vix logo in the top left corner). As mentioned, the sub was mostly working very well prior to my initial re-flashes.

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    If you are running the same script with userid/password the same then you will get issues
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,126 Times in 1,752 Posts
    Of course. Just clicked. It won’t allow for more than one at the same time, so will have issues... Each box will need it’s own user & pass etc so all need separate IPTV a/c’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vu+ Ultimo 4K with 3TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Twin Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 4K with 1TB HDD, Dual FBC (Sat) tuners, 1x Hybrid DVB-C/T/T2 tuner
    Vu+ Solo 2 with 1TB HDD 'White Edition', 2x DVB-S2 tuners
    Mut@nt HD2400 with 1TB HDD, 4x DVB-S2 tuners
    Fixed 28.2E Technomate 65cm Mesh Satellite Dish with Inverto Unicable II/JESS LNB and Inverto Unicable Splitter
    Fixed 28.2E Sky Zone 1 45cm Satellite Dish with Octo LNB
    (All receivers installed with the latest Dev build)

Title
    Thanks
    I never had issues with using the same script on both boxes, as long as I only used one at a time. If both boxes were on at the same time, with IPTV on both, one of them simply stopped working altogether. My provider has never suggested I need to avoid using the same script on both boxes, and I've explained the problem to him and he doesn't see any reason why the script should be a problem (although he probably wouldn't though!). Presumably if I unplug one of the boxes, and the problem still happens on the other, would that be a quick way to rule this out?

I've literally tried everything I can think of (reflashing to the latest and an older image, unpugging box & router for 5 mins, etc.).

As mentioned, these problems only started when after I did the following (in the below order):
    - Tried installing Samba (then removed)
    - Re-flashed to the latest Vix image
    - Re-run the script (I don't know for sure if the script was identical to that running on the box before re-flashing)

The only thing I've not tried at this stage is setting up the VPN I previously had running (PIA via OpenVPN), as my provider no longer seems to get blacked out during Premier League games.

Any other ideas on what I can try? Is it possible to permanently damage a box via any of the stuff I've done?

A video of the issue can be found here: vimeo.com/user118241757 (not sure if I'm allowed to include video links - will remove if not)

Title
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,894 Times in 2,247 Posts
    I would follow Andy‘ advice and setup afresh using Jedi or suls to create the bouquets. That way you can control exactly whats being added, as normally few people need IP streams from every country in the world. So using e.g. Jedi you can specifiy exactly whats to be added - that way you will not be cluttering up precious memory with junk
    Gigablue Quad 4K & UE 4K
    .........FBC Tuners:
    ------------------> GT-Sat unicable LNB to 1.5M dish(28.2E)
    ------------------> Gigablue unicable LNB to 80 cm dish(19.2E)
    .......................> FBC & DVB-S2X into 90cm dish (27.5W) Opticum robust Unicable LNB
    AX HD61, Edision Osmio 4K+, Zgemma H9Combo, Octagon SF8008 , gbtrio4k, h9se using unicable ports
    Zgemma H9 C/S into Giga4K